Council elections - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Council elections

Guest flumax

Guest flumax
27 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Conservatives won gordon by 3400 first preference votes

As a resident of Gordon, where you getting this? Gordon crosses city And shire councils and wards within are in different Westminster constituencies. Tough to calculate 

Edited by flumax

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Conservatives won gordon by 3400 first preference votes

Can you explain this please? Gordon isn't a council ward, it's a Westminster constituency. Where are you getting these numbers from? 

Guest flumax

So far the only data from Gordon is the two wards in the city 

Dyce daneston snp 1st 2400 - con 2nd 2000

Bridge of Don snp 1st 2400 - con 2nd1850

1 hour ago, flumax said:

As a resident of Gordon, where you getting this? Gordon crosses city And shire councils and wards within are in different Westminster constituencies. Tough to calculate 

The results for banff and buchan came from a snp source so i have no reason not to believe this,,the gordon results were given to me from a tory fisherman goading me..could be rubbish but i dont think so,,, we all need to get the casual snp supporters or even yes supporters out to vote, they are the difference 

Gordon

tories 15700

SNP 13300

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The results for banff and buchan came from a snp source so i have no reason not to believe this,,the gordon results were given to me from a tory fisherman goading me..could be rubbish but i dont think so,,, we all need to get the casual snp supporters or even yes supporters out to vote, they are the difference 

Gordon

tories 15700

SNP 13300

Some tory fisherman?  Big ports in Gordon?

4 hours ago, phil said:

It makes sense in a small monolingual, monolcultural island to pool resources and run things centrally. You can argue endlessly about how much local power should be devolved to the regions, but the basic premise is sound.

What, like the island of Ireland?

1 hour ago, flumax said:

Some tory fisherman?  Big ports in Gordon?

The northeast tories have been organised into a well oil organisation make no mistake,, they have big financial backers and advisors,take the biggest companies in peterhead,fraserburgh and banff/mcduff they have all united to peddle the tory line,, it seems to be set up as a northeast tory party instead of separatie constituencies 

29 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The northeast tories have been organised into a well oil organisation make no mistake,, they have big financial backers and advisors,take the biggest companies in peterhead,fraserburgh and banff/mcduff they have all united to peddle the tory line,, it seems to be set up as a northeast tory party instead of separatie constituencies 

Would you not be better trying to organise the Unionist vote, in Gordon, behind the Lib Dims? I would have thought have thought they have a much better chance than the Tories. No?

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Would you not be better trying to organise the Unionist vote, in Gordon, behind the Lib Dims? I would have thought have thought they have a much better chance than the Tories. No?

More like would "they"!!! the tories are out for number one and hiding behind the unionist vote when really its all about the tories and their vote count 

The Tories will do anything to win your vote and I mean ANYTHING. Across the UK they have gone all UKIP on Europe in a bid to lure UKIP voters as in talk nasty about Europe and claim they'll play hardball. In Scotland Independence is the big issue and they are moving heaven and Earth to hoover up all unionist votes. It is working for them as they are appealing to both those group of voters buit not for any other reason other than slagging off Europe and talking down independence.

Just out from Peter Murrell

SNP got 105,000 more votes than in 2012

Also an increase of 20% in first preference votes from 2012

#SNPpeak

Talking of Gordon... had the dubious pleasure of watching Reporting Scotland there, their election piece was entirely framed around the narrative of 'momentum', and did SNP still have it, a theme that just happened to be the theme of the 3 unionist parties all saying (something like) SNP had lost momentum and moaning about indyref2, and so instead of the story of who won the election, they had Salmond on the back foot having to defend against the Tories targeting his seat, and of course there was no mention of the momentum of the Greens; then the BBC reporter rounded off with saying how important momentum was, so the viewers could decide from themselves...

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

#SNPpeak

But this can't be right. The other Scottish party leaders have said, backed by the made up BBC figures, that the SNP support is past its peak and is on the wane!

Surely they're aren't just bare faced liars? 

On 2017-5-6 at 0:26 PM, mariokempes56 said:

The most important election this week for the SNP wasn't the council election; it was the French presidential election. A Le Pen victory would have meant France leaving the EU and the EU becoming less of an attractive alternative to the Tories in Westminster. 

You could say it wasn't in doubt but recent history has told us to expect nothing in elections. 

4 hours ago, IAteAllThePies said:

The most important election this week for the SNP wasn't the council election; it was the French presidential election. A Le Pen victory would have meant France leaving the EU and the EU becoming less of an attractive alternative to the Tories in Westminster. 

You could say it wasn't in doubt but recent history has told us to expect nothing in elections. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think Le Pen campaigned for leaving the EU. She campaigned on leaving the Euro.

Saying that, I wouldn't have bet on her not having a referendum to leave the EU if she got into power.

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

#SNPpeak

Up 21% and the total votes for the SNP up to 610,454. That'll be the SNP vote up around 107,000.

Turnout was 47%.

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

37,000 rejected ballot papers?:blink: 

2% ish. It's fast much different to normal? 

53 minutes ago, flumax said:

2% ish. It's fast much different to normal? 

It's about the same as 2012 but still not great.  No doubt there's some deliberately spoiled but I'd imagine the majority are errors like sticking an X in the box for multiple candidates.

It really is a bit of a joke that there are four different electoral systems in place in Scotland for the four different types of elections.

52 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's about the same as 2012 but still not great.  No doubt there's some deliberately spoiled but I'd imagine the majority are errors like sticking an X in the box for multiple candidates.

It really is a bit of a joke that there are four different electoral systems in place in Scotland for the four different types of elections.

STV gives FPTP a run for it's money in terms of utter shiteness.