Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it said anything about a confirmation email. Think the confirmation page on the website just said something like "your membership card will be sent by post in due course" or something to that effect.

Yeah, I applied on Friday, not heard anything else since that.

''Up to 14 days'' - think it might well be a bit longer now.

My friend sent me a message this morning. He said an English pal of his, living down South, had just joined the SNP to help support the cause! I don't know his pal and can't speak for him (he may want rid of us for all I know) but for that one person at least, it's not 'Scotland alone'!

Girlfriend signed up tonight. Had to do it from my bank though for her to agree. That's me paying direct debit for me, her and our son!

Does anyone know what is happening to yes Scotland as an umbrella group? Are they continuing as they are? I also have a monthly direct debit set up with them since their establishment. Wonder if it will still come out next month. If not I will increase my SNP payments.

Good leaflet to hand round the doors of her constituents jus before the GE.

I think it would be quite easy but effective to get hold of quotes from many No politicians and juxtapose them with the reality and then just ask the question would you trust this man? e.g Brown's remarks about tranplants etc.

Labour and Tory politicians cosying up to one another would look good as well!

I joined up today and had a confirmation of payment email regarding the £12 joining fee.

I have also just received an email from my.snp representative detailing minutes from their last meeting and the schedule and agenda for the next meeting on sept 30th.

Are any of you receiving these emails??

Edited by McTeeko

That's pretty much how i'm feeling. I do however also feel i'd be betraying a lot of what i believe in by funding a party who i disagreed with on many things which are very important to me.

Sign up, get involved and do what you can to try to change the bits you don't agree with. Nobody who is a member of a political party agrees with every single policy. Even Alex Salmond doesn't.

I joined up today and had a confirmation of payment email regarding the £12 joining fee.

I have also just received an email from my.snp representative detailing minutes from their last meeting and the schedule and agenda for the next meeting on sept 30th.

Are any of you receiving these emails??

No, I signed up for DD though, presumably thats the reason for the hold up...

Yeah, I applied on Friday, not heard anything else since that.

''Up to 14 days'' - think it might well be a bit longer now.

I paid direct debit and haven't heard anything back....Mum paid by card and received a message immediatley

If you tried to join online please phone 0800 633 5432 and check you've been successful. I thought I'd joined but hadn't, I'm in now, the server is struggling.

And remember you can opt out of making donations to the Labour Party on your union fees. My wife and a lot of her colleagues were unaware of this and indeed unaware they were even making a donation to Labour.

First of all, welcome to the SNP.

I wanted to drop you a very quick update to confirm that we've received your application safely.

In the last six days, the SNP's membership has doubled to nearly 60,000.

We have a huge mountain of applications to process - and around eight further applications are still being received every minute.

So please bear with us we get on top of the unprecedented demand.

If you've applied to pay your membership by direct debit, you'll receive a confirmation email as soon as we process your application.

Regardless I'll email you again shortly to confirm when you'll be receiving your membership card and welcome pack.

We're always looking for volunteers, no matter how much or how little time you've to spare. Our welcome pack is packed with ideas and opportunities for everyone to get involved locally and nationally.

For now though, please be assured that we have your application and all is in hand.

Thank you for joining and being part of something very special.

Just got an email saying that my application is being processed, including my DD.

So all good, think they are just working through so don't worry if you haven't heard back yet!

Same for me