Lowest Point This Century - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest Point This Century

kumnio

IMO we are at the lowest point that I can recall, worse than anything even Levein managed. Its dreadful following the national side right now.

I hope the SFA take note of the crowd tonight, and no doubt on Sunday. Strachan has killed all enthusiasm, he needs to go, regardless of the utter shite we will get at the weekend. Happy clappers can clap on, the rest of us have had enough.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up there on the roll of shame with both the 2-2 draws against the Faroes, 0-0 with Luxembourg, 1-1 with New Zealand, getting beat 1-0 by Lithuania and that extremely undeserved 2-1 win against mighty Liechtenstein at Hampden.

We are the biggest, most pathetic joke in international football. 

The lowest point for me was when Scotland 'jumped the shark' and made the 'Twilight Zone' appointment of adding Terry Butcher as our assistant coach.

Terry_Butcher_2662091b.jpg

We (of course) were crap and will always be tainted by his inclusion.

(I've never been able to think of the National team the same way since.)

54 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Different pub to start in. Moving on to my Belhaven after this pint. I just booked Lithuania the day. You going?

I'm waiting to see how we get on v Slovenia and England at home first. Normally I'd have both away trips (Lithuania/Slovenia) booked months ago. No wasting money going to two dead rubbers. 

Already pencilled in Denmark v Poland with the wee man the night we're away to Lithuania. A decent alternative and at least he'll get to see a decent national team ?

Edited by McTeeko

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I'm waiting to see how we get on v Slovenia and England at home first. Normally I'd have both away trips (Lithuania/Slovenia) booked months ago. No wasting money going to two dead rubbers. 

Already pencilled in Denmark v Poland with the wee man the night we're away to Lithuania. A decent alternative and at least he'll get to see a decent national team ?

I booked today to Vilnius as I got cheap return gig for only 650 dollars. The accomodation there is cheap as chips. Only thing is my Mrs is coming which I suppose is ok as she loves the party and she knows I'm a monster on the swally. Also, she's the most un-American cvnt ever. She kens how they are viewed. She came wae me tae Dortmund and loved it.

p.s. Check yer wa' ya tit.

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I loved Vilnius last time. Tremendous strippers, all stunning Russian-types ?

One of my favourite trips despite loads of fans hating it. Maybe still see you there.....?

My Mrs is a lovely lassie. Bonnie coupon, but I think, given she's a Yank she'd need a fireman's pole to spin aroon'! 

3 minutes ago, wellyman said:

I went to kaunus in 2006 , I pulled a 26 year old translator and Scotland won 2 v 1 .

I then went back 4 weeks later to meet her again,  the second visit was far better than the first !!!!  -  and in those days Scotland could win games.

i read that as transvestite first time

was going to say brave man for being so open  :lol:

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

When was that 2-2 draw with the Faroes? Or the 4-0 pumping from Wales?  Or the 6-0 from the Netherlands?

Or that 3-0 at home to Hungary?

There's been some bad times this century so far, not sure this is the worst at all. 

It's the worst i can ever remember due to sheer apathy. Strachan has to take the blame for that. His smart arse attitude just alienates fans. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

It's the worst i can ever remember due to sheer apathy. Strachan has to take the blame for that. His smart arse attitude just alienates fans. 

Agreed. Lowest point in our recent history and was already very scunnered and uninterested in the national side thanks to Strachan... Slovenia game possibly the least I've ever looked forward to a Scotland game. 

It's certainly the least i've ever cared. I can't see that changing under the current manager either. In an experimental friendly, against a team ranked 117th in the world, the average age of our team was >29. What's the point? Depressing. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's certainly the least i've ever cared. I can't see that changing under the current manager either. In an experimental friendly, against a team ranked 117th in the world, the average age of our team was >29. What's the point? Depressing. 

I think that sort of sums up my views. Not pissed off or angry or upset, I just don't really care.

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Im not talking about a one off game, the whole atmosphere right now is awful. I cant recall the national team being see low.

And yet no chance of change in the people who are actually running the game? It's ok olk blaming Strachan but who put him there? In no other walk of life would such underachievement be rewarded so handsomely. 

F@ck me did the SFA not even give themselves a pay rise recently?

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Parkie it will take much more than a management change to fix our game.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ShedTA said:

And yet no chance of change in the people who are actually running the game? It's ok olk blaming Strachan but who put him there? In no other walk of life would such underachievement be rewarded so handsomely. 

F@ck me did the SFA not even give themselves a pay rise recently?

Correct.  But is it not only the fans that can do something about it?  If we don't, then we just have to accept it and plod along.