Team for Slovenia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

51 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Long as we have a go this time. I was at England game and once we went 2-0 down Strachan made no changes, then took on a defensive midfielder once we were 3-0 down. Burke and other forwards were on the bench so no idea in his logic.

Hope he unleashes either Armstrong or Burke, cannot see Strachan playing both as not his style. Defence will always be a worry so lets hope we have some attacking options,

The subs were worse in Slovakia. I remember being rather annoyed after the second goal went in. He had Griffiths warming up for at least 10 mins before hand, Griffiths sits back down literally as Slovakia score and Strachan takes another 8 mins to get him on, it was farcical.  

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon

Anya        Martin          Mulgrew        Robertson

Fletcher        Brown

Fraser       Snodgrass        Burke

Griffiths

• Flip of a coin between Robertson and Tierney.
  • Strachan will probably start Ritchie/Forrest over Burke and use him later on in the game

Gordon

Tierney            Martin              Mulgrew         Robertson

Bannan              Brown

Forrest          Snodgrass           Fraser

Fletcher

Based on what I watched at training yesterday.

Edited by scotham
My mistake

47 minutes ago, scotham said:

Gordon

Tierney            Martin              Mulgrew         Robertson

Bannan              Brown

Forrest          Snodgrass           Fraser

Fletcher

Based on what I watched at training yesterday.

If that's the team for Sunday then we will get a draw at best . Same old same old apart from Fraser 

So after that sh*ite tonight whats peoples thoughts? Can only see 2/3 maybe 4 from tonight starting on Sunday. Anya, just about, Mulgrew and Cairney. Berra if he decides to stick with same centee halfs.

Gordon

Anya Berra Mulgrew Tierney

Brown

Fraser Armstrong Cairney Forrest*

Griffiths

Forrest more out of there is fook all else based on tonight

If I see the team and Martin is starting It'll be hard not to stay in the pub.

Edited by bossman4

2 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

So after that sh*ite tonight whats peoples thoughts? Can only see 2/3 maybe 4 from tonight starting on Sunday. Anya, just about, Mulgrew and Cairney. Berra if he decides to stick with same centee halfs.

Gordon

Anya Berra Mulgrew Tierney

Brown

Fraser Armstrong Cairney Forrest*

Griffiths

Forrest more out of there is fook all else based on tonight

If I see the team and Martin is starting It'll be hard not to stay in the pub.

That team is about right. Strachan rested all the Celtic players tonight so they can all start Sunday.  He is so predictable . Cairney starting tonight was the only new face but he will be back on the bench for the weekend 

2 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

That team is about right. Strachan rested all the Celtic players tonight so they can all start Sunday.  He is so predictable . Cairney starting tonight was the only new face but he will be back on the bench for the weekend 

Yeah can see Fletcher starting, though he shouldn't be based on tonight.

Gordon,

Anya, Berra, Mulgrew, Robertson

Burke, Armstrong, Brown, Fletcher, Cairney

Naismith

Griffiths

If Wallace, Forrest and Chris Martin start on Sunday i'll stay in the pub.

Edited by SteveHFC

Gordon

Anya Berra Martin Tierney

Brown 

Burke Cairney Snodgrass Armstrong

Griffiths.

Anya should be nailed on for RB after tonight as he was one of THREE (McGregor and Cairney the others) to come away with any plaudits.

I hope to f### Lee Wallace doesn't start or we will be 1 down before a ball is kicked, Chris Martin is useless too so he needs dropped altogether.

I liked Barry Robson's optimism for Sunday but he must be the only one.

After last nights game

Gordon

Anya Martin Berra Tierney

Brown Armstrong

Fraser Cairney Ritchie

Griffiths

That central defence still doesn't fill me with confidence but I can't think of anything better. Might be worth throwing in Cooper but that was what last night was for.

Normally I'd be shouting for Snodgrass to start but I've not been impressed with him since the Malta game.

Griffiths up front as it's the least worst option and hasn't had the same opportunities that Martin and Fletcher have. If not Griffiths then Rhodes.

Team for Sunday

-----------------------------Gordon

Robertson---------Hanley---------Cooper-----------Tierney

-----------------------------McArthur

Burke----------Armstrong---------Cairney-----------Fraser

------------------------Snodgrass

---------------------------Griffiths

17 hours ago, calmc92 said:

Gordon

Anya        Martin          Mulgrew        Robertson

Fletcher        Brown

Fraser       Snodgrass        Burke

Griffiths

• Flip of a coin between Robertson and Tierney.
  • Strachan will probably start Ritchie/Forrest over Burke and use him later on in the game

Based on last night, I think Burke had an opportunity to cement his place for Sunday but didn't perform and was really frustrating, he obviously has lots of talent and I think playing in Germany will help him develop properly. I think the team will be;

Gordon

Anya        Martin          Mulgrew        Tierney

Armstrong        Brown

Forrest         Cairney      Snodgrass

Fletcher

• If he rested the Celtic players for Sunday, I can't see Darren Fletcher starting Sunday after playing last night. Plays every game for West Brom in a more demanding league and demanding style of play.
  • There's no way he wouldn't have gave Armstrong a run out for his first cap if he wasn't in his plans for Sunday after playing so consistently good this season.
  • Forrest or Ritchie will come in for Burke, but with Snodgrass a similar player to Ritchie in the way he plays I think he will go with Forrest for his pace.
  • Cairney looks so good on the ball, gets on it all the time and controls the game from deep but I think with Armstrong coming in deeper, Cairney will go in the hole in the position he gets so many goals and assists from.
  • Martin and Rhodes won't start. Between Fletcher/Griffiths but Fletcher will start when there is so many type of players that can play off him, aswell as having a more physical style of play. Along with the fact he has chose Fletcher over Griffiths countless times.

1 minute ago, calmc92 said:

Based on last night, I think Burke had an opportunity to cement his place for Sunday but didn't perform and was really frustrating, he obviously has lots of talent and I think playing in Germany will help him develop properly. I think the team will be;

Gordon

Anya        Martin          Mulgrew        Tierney

Armstrong        Brown

Forrest         Cairney      Snodgrass

Fletcher

• If he rested the Celtic players for Sunday, I can't see Darren Fletcher starting Sunday after playing last night. Plays every game for West Brom in a more demanding league and demanding style of play.
  • There's no way he wouldn't have gave Armstrong a run out for his first cap if he wasn't in his plans for Sunday after playing so consistently good this season.
  • Forrest or Ritchie will come in for Burke, but with Snodgrass a similar player to Ritchie in the way he plays I think he will go with Forrest for his pace.
  • Cairney looks so good on the ball, gets on it all the time and controls the game from deep but I think with Armstrong coming in deeper, Cairney will go in the hole in the position he gets so many goals and assists from.
  • Martin and Rhodes won't start. Between Fletcher/Griffiths but Fletcher will start when there is so many type of players that can play off him, aswell as having a more physical style of play. Along with the fact he has chose Fletcher over Griffiths countless times.

Why do we have to stick with this 4231 formation Strachan has been obsessed with since he took over!?

He also has said on a couple of occasions that we need to find a system that works.

442, play some youth and if it doesn't work so be it, atleast we tried.

Buzzing for 4231, a 1-1 home draw and Strachan praising Barry Bannan who is absolutely woeful.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've now backed Slovenia -1 @ 7/1 and Slovenia -2 @ 25/1. 

I think they'll pump us. 

Best of luck sir. There will be some choking on their coco pops this morning reading that.

I'd do it as well but knowing my luck we'd get a last minute consolation or equaliser off Chris Martin's arse and then I'd be furious :lol:

Just now, ProudScot said:

Why do we have to stick with this 4231 formation Strachan has been obsessed with since he took over!?

He also has said on a couple of occasions that we need to find a system that works.

442, play some youth and if it doesn't work so be it, atleast we tried.

Buzzing for 4231, a 1-1 home draw and Strachan praising Barry Bannan who is absolutely woeful.

4-2-3-1 brings the most balance between attack and defence and turns into a 4-5-1 when you don't have the ball but also lets you attack with 4 when you have it with a confidence that you will always have plenty cover at the back. He's not going to change it now days before the last chance of this campaign, cause if we don't win it's officially over.

It's not as if we are actually any better than Slovenia, if anything we are on par with them. A 1-1 draw is actually my correct score prediction although it means we would be out, players like llicic and Kampl would stroll into our team.