Burke                        Fraser

Rhodes 

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Gordon 

Robertson   Martin   Berra    Tierney 

Ritchie            Cairney          Armstrong 

Burke                        Fraser

Rhodes 

I'd be happy with that for the Canada game.

44 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Gordon 

Anya Martin Berra Robertson 

Fletcher Cairney 

Snodgrass Armstrong Fraser 

Rhodes 

I'd say that but Tierney, Brown and Griffiths for Robertson, Fletcher and Rhodes. 

I really think now that Strachan knows he needs to change it. The way he's talking about players in midfield being able to score goals would suggest thats what he's lookig at.

Edited by bossman4

40 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Gordon

Anya Martin Mulgrew Tierney

Ritchie Brown Morrison Fletcher Snodgrass

Fletcher

I think thats what Strachan will pick, it wouldnt be my team.

Almost the most depressing team possible. It's likely what he'll select. 

27 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I'd say that but Tierney, Brown and Griffiths for Robertson, Fletcher and Rhodes. 

I really think now that Strachan knows he needs to change it. The way he's talking about players in midfield being able to score goals would suggest thats what he's lookig at.

I think there are variables certainly. I would like to see Robertson and Tierney in the same side if possible, whether we can do one of them at right back I'm not sure. Rhodes is the only CF we have who has been playing that's why I went with him. But I don't see Strachan playing him. 

I'll probably change my mind after the Canada match but I'd quite like to see something like this...

Gordon

Martin...Berra...Mulgrew...Tierney

Brown...Fletcher

Burke...Armstrong...Fraser

Griffiths

I know the attacking midfield 3 are very inexperienced at this level but there is something quite exciting about the three of them.

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'll probably change my mind after the Canada match but I'd quite like to see something like this...

Gordon

Brown...Fletcher

Griffiths

I know the attacking midfield 3 are very inexperienced at this level but there is something quite exciting about the three of them.

Not sure about Fraser  but think Burke and Armstrong (maybe McGinn?) could be the future.

12 minutes ago, fringo said:

Not sure about Fraser  but think Burke and Armstrong (maybe McGinn?) could be the future.

Fraser is the most talented of those four in my opinion. 

He can beat a man, create chances, score goals and wins a lot of free-kicks and penalties. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Gordon

Brown...Fletcher

Griffiths

Why Brown and Fletcher?   one of them yes but not both . Put Cairney in there 

I'd play a false 9 with all 4 in the forward roles tasked to get beyond the defence when the space appears. I think this team has the ability to control possession, which would be key, Wouid love to see Robertson or Tierney tried at RB against Canada to see if we could get them both in the team.

I have to admit, I've never really seen Cairney in action. Would be happy for him to surprise me if selected...

GORDON

MARTIN               BERRA                     MULGREW               ROBERTSON

FLETCHER    BROWN

ARMSTRONG

BURKE                                  SNODGRASS                                      FRASER

Edited by COLT NY

7 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Why Brown and Fletcher?   one of them yes but not both . Put Cairney in there 

I'd be worried about starting such an important match with a midfield 5 with 4 players that have 2 caps (plus what they pick up v Canada) between them. 

Brown and Fletcher provide the experience that allows us to play an inexperienced attacking 3. 

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Fletcher Armstrong Cairney

Fraser Burke Snodgrass

None of the strikers really deserve to start so why not throw Burke in? Pacey powerful good in the air - Bale plays central for Wales because the rest of their strikers aren't up to it.

1 hour ago, jackhayes17 said:

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Fletcher Armstrong Cairney

Fraser Burke Snodgrass

None of the strikers really deserve to start so why not throw Burke in? Pacey powerful good in the air - Bale plays central for Wales because the rest of their strikers aren't up to it.

4-6-0

Long as we have a go this time. I was at England game and once we went 2-0 down Strachan made no changes, then took on a defensive midfielder once we were 3-0 down. Burke and other forwards were on the bench so no idea in his logic.

Hope he unleashes either Armstrong or Burke, cannot see Strachan playing both as not his style. Defence will always be a worry so lets hope we have some attacking options,