Pedro Caixinha - Hired - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pedro Caixinha - Hired

37 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

To be fair to Fleck he seems to have the screwed the nut and is a starter for Sheffield United.

Aye, i wasn't having a dig at those guys. More the hyperbole that always seems to go with a youngster having a good game or two for Rangers (or Celtic). 

10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

It is ridiculous and probably has a negative effect on the players.

Yeah, i don't think it helps them either. It's good for a manager to show a young player that he has faith in him but coming out and saying he's going to be an all time great, after 45 minutes of game time, just puts unnecessary pressure on the guy.  

Whits happened to that ginger heided fella Rangers had playing centre half last season? (Looked pretty awful but I haven't seen him since)

McCoist seemed to be suggesting Rangers play 5 at the back on Saturday. Not sure whether that would make it tighter or the most one sided game in history ?

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Whits happened to that ginger heided fella Rangers had playing centre half last season? (Looked pretty awful but I haven't seen him since)

McCoist seemed to be suggesting Rangers play 5 at the back on Saturday. Not sure whether that would make it tighter or the most one sided game in history ?

You answered your own question on point 1.

My advice to Pedro, as a starting point, would be to listen to McCoist, then do something totally different, then build on that.

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Bates?  He's awful and is behind Alves, Cardoso and Wilson for the CH slots so hopefully we won't see too much of him for a while!

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Bates?  He's awful and is behind Alves, Cardoso and Wilson for the CH slots so hopefully we won't see too much of him for a while!

That's the fella! Forgot about Wilson, is he injured or just oot the picture?

I was just wondering if they did go 5 at the back who the 3 centre backs would be.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

That's the fella! Forgot about Wilson, is he injured or just oot the picture?

I was just wondering if they did go 5 at the back who the 3 centre backs would be.

Wilson has been by and large pish since he came back to us so the 2 Portuguese are the preferred pairing at the back.  I think Wilson is making the bench most weeks but given that McCrorie came on last night I assume he must be injured again.

On 20/09/2017 at 1:23 PM, Parklife said:

Yeah, i don't think it helps them either. It's good for a manager to show a young player that he has faith in him but coming out and saying he's going to be an all time great, after 45 minutes of game time, just puts unnecessary pressure on the guy.  

Totally agree with you Parky.

The boy did well against Sammon but to be fair Sammon is gash. He's big, strong and reasonably quick. He's no actual ability though. 

Let's see how he gets on against somebody like Louis Moult before deciding if he's really got it. 

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The boy did well against Sammon but to be fair Sammon is gash. He's big, strong and reasonably quick. He's no actual ability though. 

Let's see how he gets on against somebody like Louis Moult before deciding if he's really got it. 

Looks like it may well be against Griffiths and Sinclair, before Moult.  :unsure:

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

It hurts you lot, doesn’t it? :lol:

:lol: Nah, seriously it doesn't.  Well, it may some.  He couldn't cut it, he moved on and is doing well.  Happens often.  Morelos is better.

Edited by BlueGaz

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I thought o'halloran was injured too? 

He has a protective boot thing on but I don’t think it’s bad, just precautionary. Wright has come out and said he’ll play against Hamilton even if he’s not 100%.

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So let's analyse this statement on the basis of last Tuesday night RB.

Sammon forced Sevco's keeper into two very good saves and one great save. He also lived up to his name by leaping spectacularly above Sevco's defence to provide the assist for Doolan's clinical finish.

If that was what a gashman did to their defence, then Pedro Hedgerow must be keechin his drawers as to what real ability will do to them tomorrow, potential all time great included.

Edited by Barney Rubble

On 22/09/2017 at 4:57 PM, Barney Rubble said:

So let's analyse this statement on the basis of last Tuesday night RB.

Sammon forced Sevco's keeper into two very good saves and one great save. He also lived up to his name by leaping spectacularly above Sevco's defence to provide the assist for Doolan's clinical finish.

If that was what a gashman did to their defence, then Pedro Hedgerow must be keechin his drawers as to what real ability will do to them tomorrow, potential all time great included.

Yep.