2015 Uefa European Under-17 Championship - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2015 Uefa European Under-17 Championship

PASTA Mick

UEFA European Under-17 Championships Qualifying Round

Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar

Republic of Ireland, 22-27 September 2014

Scot Gemmill today confirmed his Scotland Under-17 squad for the upcoming European Championship qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar.

Scotland will be hoping to repeat last summer's achievements, when the Under-17 team reached the semi-finals of the tournament in Malta.

Goalkeepers

Ross Doohan (Celtic)

Robby McCrorie (Rangers)

Defenders

Ross McCrorie (Rangers)

Tom McIntyre (Reading)

Blair Kidd (Celtic)

Mark Finlayson (Falkirk)

Greg McNaughton (Dundee United)

Midfielders

Sean McKirdy (Heart of Midlothian)

Mark Hill (Celtic)

Frank Ross (Aberdeen)

Alistair Coote (Dundee United)

Harvey St Clair (Chelsea)

Forwards

Aaron Norris (Aberdeen)

Regan Hendry (Celtic)

Calvin Miller (Celtic)

Paul Joseph Crossan (Fife Elite Football Academy)

Jordan Allan (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Theo Archibald (Celtic)

We start with a game against the Faroe Islands tomorrow at 4pm. (Gibraltar Wednesday, Ireland Saturday).

This stage should be straight-forward for us as the top two go through (and 5 of 13 3rd placed teams). Indeed, I can see us scoring 15+ goals in these three games.

We reached the semi-finals of this competition last year so it will be interesting to see how we get on this year. Another good showing could show that there really are some long term benefits of the work that's being going on at this level.

Miller and Hendry (both Celtic) are the two that I've heard the most good things about.

Harvey St Clair is in the Chelsea youth Champion League squad so must have something. He's only 15 whereas a lot of players in that competition are 18.

This squad is made up from the 2014 Victory Shield winning side.

Edited by PASTA Mick

Would a draw see us top on goal difference then?

Yes. We're through regardless. I expect some of the players that haven't featured yet may get a chance.

Unless the result can have an impact on seeding for the elite round but I have no idea whether it will or not.