Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Wait a minute...  Neil McCann calling Garner "a real goalscorer".    Switching off again, Fairbairn.   That's plenty. 

Neil McCann who openly said "I really hope Rangers win this" prior to a game he was covering for Sky started. :rolleyes: 

32 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Finally, we manage to convert a decent percentage of the chances we create. 

Decent performance with Hamilton utterly toothless in attack. 

Referee was terrible and missed 2 red cards but got the penalty right. 

Garner gets a hat trick but that tackle was pathetic. Murty has to speak to him about that, as it's not the first time he's put in a bad challenge. 

Murty thinks the tackle was ok and a yellow was right ?

Oh dear

17 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Murty thinks the tackle was ok and a yellow was right ?

Oh dear

That's not what I heard him say on the radio interview. His initial reaction was to think what he'd need to do if the ref sent Garner off and he said he didn't think it was malicious. 

It should have been a red. But then Kiernan was sent off for something that was only a yellow card offence, so it's evened out quite quickly. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It should have been a red. But then Kiernan was sent off for something that was only a yellow card offence, so it's evened out quite quickly. 

That's an impressive level of bullshit there, even by your usual high standards.  

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I thought Kiernans was a red, he went through the back of the guy and got far more man than ball (and it was Man 1st).

In addition Kiernan should've been sent off at fir park, and got away with punching a stjohnstone player, all since Christmas, so might be a while longer before it evens up.

Edited by sbcmfc

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I thought Kiernans was a red, he went through the back of the guy and got far more man than ball (and it was Man 1st).

Kiernan should've been sent off at fir park, and got away with punching a stjohnstone player, all since Christmas, so might be a while longer before it evens up.

Plus, how can a questionable decision in a match vs St Johnstone can possibly "even out" in a match vs Hamilton? 

Should have been a red card for Garner certainly. At the time, we were all certain it was a red so very surprised when only a yellow came out. It looked like he went to blooter the ball out but it got nudged away so he inadvertently followed through on Imrie's arse instead.

In terms of Foderingham's handling outside the box, and bear with me here, does that count as the denial of a goalscoring opportunity (the criteria for a red card)? A defender was also present and the attacker was not in possession of the ball.

I haven't seen the penalty back yet so can't comment on that.

In terms of the football itself... which has been strangely ignored... we were poor in the first half but clinical in the 2nd. We haven't scored a goal from a corner situation since around 1986 so to score three times from corners in one game is remarkable. Hamilton's defending was abysmal so it looks like they used up all of their talent in midweek.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's not what I heard him say on the radio interview. His initial reaction was to think what he'd need to do if the ref sent Garner off and he said he didn't think it was malicious. 

A red? Don't be daft RB, it was at Ibrox wasn't it?

34 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Should have been a red card for Garner certainly. At the time, we were all certain it was a red so very surprised when only a yellow came out. It looked like he went to blooter the ball out but it got nudged away so he inadvertently followed through on Imrie's arse instead.

In terms of Foderingham's handling outside the box, and bear with me here, does that count as the denial of a goalscoring opportunity (the criteria for a red card)? A defender was also present and the attacker was not in possession of the ball.

In terms of the football itself... which has been strangely ignored... we were poor in the first half but clinical in the 2nd. We haven't scored a goal from a corner situation since around 1986 so to score three times from corners in one game is remarkable. Hamilton's defending was abysmal so it looks like they used up all of their talent in midweek.

All of their luck you mean.

Aberdeen played far better on Tuesday than Rangers did today. Go figure.

Maybe we just needed a different referee.

40 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Yes, foderingham denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Definite red card. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yes, foderingham denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Definite red card. 

Didn't see it but reading he caught the ball outside his box denying a goal scoring opportunity. Straight red also. Both ref and linesman missed it ? Honest mistakes I guess.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Way too many 'honest mistakes' happen at Ibrox though - even if they don't influence the final result.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

In addition Kiernan should've been sent off at fir park, and got away with punching a stjohnstone player, all since Christmas, so might be a while longer before it evens up.

Yeah, you thought a straight legged knee high challenge on Tierney was only a yellow so maybe you're not the best judge eh? ?

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

Sounds like these ones were early on and did.

As I said earlier in the thread, Hamilton chucked it after the Garner incident.

Not saying they would ever have won it, because Hamilton have nothing to offer up front. However what's the point of turning up with a referee like that? Not one of the three decisions were marginal  - they were as clear as today is Saturday.

If the goalie goes early - as he should have done - then Hamilton are looking at another opportunity. They didn't because the referee failed to implement the rules as they are written.

9 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not saying they would ever have won it, because Hamilton have nothing to offer up front. However what's the point of turning up with a referee like that? Not one of the three decisions were marginal  - they were as clear as today is Saturday.

If the goalie goes early - as he should have done - then Hamilton are looking at another opportunity. They didn't because the referee failed to implement the rules as they are written.

craig levein once said the same thing after a game at Ibrox "why did we even bother getting out of our beds". But don't complain you'll just be called a whinger and told that it all evens itself out which it doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

They went in to half time 1-0 down. It should've been 0-0 and vs 10 men.