2017 Gig Thread - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 Gig Thread

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Green Day in Glasgow tonight has just been canceled :mad:

Due to "adverse weather conditions". Surely to #### the weather in Glasgow can't be that bad, when you look at what weather other outdoor gigs happen in?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jailender said:

Due to "adverse weather conditions". Surely to #### the weather in Glasgow can't be that bad, when you look at what weather other outdoor gigs happen in?

Stopped raining heavy about 10-ish, and completely stopped about noon, with it to get better as the day went on (with the sun even set to make an appearance).

Turns out cowboy builders were hired to set the stage up and the PA equipment has went missing, and this is apparently the reason for the gig being canceled (one of the bands roadies on social media saying stage is a joke).

Band saying in their press statement they will "be back", but Blink-182 on Tuesday night is about the only small comfort I have just now.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Jesus things must be bad.  Stay strong.

:lol: I will survive.

Actually looking forward to seeing the addition of Matt Skiba live.

While not a huge Alkaline Trio fan.... some good tunes.... but he is better on guitar than Tom Delonge, but actually murders Toms songs when he sings them.... and I did not think that was possible :huh:

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Stopped raining heavy about 10-ish, and completely stopped about noon, with it to get better as the day went on (with the sun even set to make an appearance).

Turns out cowboy builders were hired to set the stage up and the PA equipment has went missing, and this is apparently the reason for the gig being canceled (one of the bands roadies on social media saying stage is a joke).

What a farce, I'd be absolutely beelin' if I was going to that gig.

35 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

What a farce, I'd be absolutely beelin' if I was going to that gig.

Something fishy up! 

Story been on both the national news, with both saying promoter saying was due to weather, while council saying conditions were fine for gig.....

photos of the stage online, and I have seen bigger gazebos.... not something one of the worlds biggest rocks bands would play on.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MorayCupMan
9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Liam Gallagher playing Hydro on 4th December.

Where did you hear that ? Was looking on ticket sites and his official sites/twitter and couldn't see anything about it.

Edited by MorayCupMan

Got tickets for Kasabian this morning, seemed to be a real hassle for some reason. Standing not available right away and only getting offered crap seats for a while.

Liam Gallagher also announced this morning btw. Same night as The Charlatons which I already have tickets for though.

On 04/07/2017 at 1:50 PM, wanderer said:

Green Day in Glasgow tonight has just been canceled :mad:

Ha! Remember going to t in he park way back 2001 maybe and the young excitable  laddies in the tent next to us got wasted and kept us awake all night playing basket case over and over again.  Totally blew themselves out - didn't hear a peep from them for the rest of the weekend. 

Needless to say we got our own back.

54 minutes ago, goodguy said:

Got tickets for Kasabian this morning, seemed to be a real hassle for some reason. Standing not available right away and only getting offered crap seats for a while.

Liam Gallagher also announced this morning btw. Same night as The Charlatons which I already have tickets for though.

Monday night is a really pish night for a gig! :worried:

1 hour ago, goodguy said:

I got 4 standing no problems at 9.30 this morning. Although I was the only one of four people in my area who managed to get them.

• 3 weeks later...

Two bands best known in the 90s in Glasgow this coming Tuesday.   I've chosen Living Colour over Bush just to go to the smaller venue.   Sorry to miss the latter.

Got Mastadon at the Barras in December.   Last time they were there I overdid it with the Jaeger :unsure:   A great night though.

Guest MorayCupMan

The Amazons 4th October liquid rooms Edinburgh 

Kasabian 1st and 2nd of December 02 arena

Liam Gallagher 7th December Alexandra palace

Prodigy 21st December 02 brixton

Noel Gallagher 27th of April wembley arena

Not been the cheapest month for booking tickets.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 2:41 PM, Grim Jim said:

Two bands best known in the 90s in Glasgow this coming Tuesday.   I've chosen Living Colour over Bush just to go to the smaller venue.   Sorry to miss the latter.

Got Mastadon at the Barras in December.   Last time they were there I overdid it with the Jaeger :unsure:   A great night though.

What were Living Colour like? Any new stuff any good? I saw them in Barrowlands back in the day...