2017 Gig Thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 Gig Thread

Been buying quite a few tickets recently so seemed like a good time to start this!  Bought so far......

Belle & Sebastien @ O2 Academy (or I will in about 20 mins)

Coldplay @ Croke Park Dublin

Brian Wilson @ Kelvingrove Bandstand

Shed Seven @ O2 Academy

Also going to see Billy Idol in Vegas in May!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , I had hoped to have Sparks/Goldfrapp/Future Islands at 02 but instead spent 30 mins of my life this morning staring at a count down bar to get heehaw. 

So only have The Divine Comedy at the bandstand plus, and this is stretching 'gig' a bit, the philharmonic orchestra  plays Harry potter and the philosophers stone ....

23 hours ago, McDange said:

Shaping up to be a good one

• Went to see Avenged Sevenfold & Disturbed last month
  • Iron Maiden at the Hydro
  • Guns N' Roses at Slane Castle

And holding out for the imminent announcement of Metallica's European Tour for September-ish time.  :headbang:

Have you ever seen Maiden Scotland?  I went to see them a couple of weeks ago and despite my initial reservations they were actually really good!!

Been to nothing so far this year, but Gojira and Virginmarys playing same night next month in Glasgow.   Love Gojira, not sure about the latter, but pal says they're great so may give them a punt this time.

Songkick had Bob Dylan supporting Deftones in May, but thankfully they've now been separated to Armadillo and SECC.   Maybe some 2nd hand Deftone tickets going cheaper now I hope :lol:

Went to see Teenage Fanclub last night at Shepherd's Bush Empire.  Excellent as always although they could have done with turning the sound up a bit.  

Between a couple of songs, Norman Blake mentioned that "this is the last night of a wee tour we've been doing. We've played a few gigs in France and Spain but it's great to finish off the tour in the EU!"  This got quite a big cheer but what made my night was someone behind me turning to his mate and saying "Of course, they're Scottish"  which I thought was telling.

Not a deal last year - Stereo MCs, Muffin Men, Alabama 3 & War on Drugs.

Seen Ian Morrison this year & got tickets for Fat Freddy's Drop in Manchester & Tom Petty & Stevie Nicks at Hyde Park.

Had tickets for Stan Webb & Chicken Shack a week ago but he cancelled due to illness.

55 minutes ago, Andy North Croy said:

Saw Fufanu the other week at Nice n Sleazys in Glasgow....worst venue ever?

Managed to get tickets for the Sparks/Goldfrapp/Future Islands gig at end of March...cannae wait as big fan of both Sparks and Goldfrapp...Future Islands sound decent too....

:)

Grrrr ?

So far not much happening this year.

Calexico sold out.

Elbow sold out.

Found out too late Iain Morrison was on at Oran Mor 

Jack Savoretti touring during my holiday break.

Went to see State Broadcasters in Hug and Pint during Celtic Connections... :unsure: 

September tickets sorted for Nick Cave. :)

15 hours ago, silverbear said:

Not a deal last year - Stereo MCs, Muffin Men, Alabama 3 & War on Drugs.

Seen Ian Morrison this year & got tickets for Fat Freddy's Drop in Manchester & Tom Petty & Stevie Nicks at Hyde Park.

Had tickets for Stan Webb & Chicken Shack a week ago but he cancelled due to illness.

Saw The War on Drugs at the ABC a couple of years back. Excellent gig.

On 28/02/2017 at 7:52 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Saw The War on Drugs at the ABC a couple of years back. Excellent gig.

Was that 2 years ago!? 

I remember you posting that you'd seen them & I'd got tickets for the following evening.

The sound was awful tbh as it always is at the Academy but I liked the album so went anyway. You'd think that if you're constructing a music venue, one of  the first jobs would be to get the acoustics right?

I remember seeing the Who at the ABC in Hull (many) years ago & the sound was better then.

13 hours ago, silverbear said:

Was that 2 years ago!? 

I remember you posting that you'd seen them & I'd got tickets for the following evening.

The sound was awful tbh as it always is at the Academy but I liked the album so went anyway. You'd think that if you're constructing a music venue, one of  the first jobs would be to get the acoustics right?

I remember seeing the Who at the ABC in Hull (many) years ago & the sound was better then.

I'm sure it was 2 years ago, could be wrong though! 

Agree about the academy, although i'm sure TWOD's were at ABC when i saw them!