Mayweather vs McGregor - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mayweather vs McGregor

euan2020

On 22/08/2017 at 4:15 PM, Ormond said:

They both win no matter the outcome. It's an absolute sham and has been concocted to appeal to the biggest wallopers around. Eejits paying for a pre-rehearsed load of pantomime need their heads checked. It's no better than a Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair thing. 

I would argue wrestling is much better than this nonsense. I don't particularly care for either of them or boxing and UFC for that matter, but at least Mayweather is an actual sportsman who has developed skills and is the absolute best in his field. McGregor and the UFC is nothing you can't see outside any nightclub in any High street in Britain on a Saturday night. It is a farce mind you and is a sign of the times where appealing to the biggest throbbers about is the res en detre.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Any streams? 

Planning on getting up at 04:00.

J

im just up and trying to find one. VIP box has it but a bit start stop on this shity laptop

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Seems to have been as expected, a very expensive, over-hyped, exhibition bout.

Did you watch it? Conor won the first 3 rounds then Floyd settled on high guard and walking him down (like Zab Judah) Conor gassed out and got stopped on his feet.

I think Conor was a lot better than some folk thought. Hard to judge once Mayweather works someone out they mostly all start to look bad.

I thought it would be like the Gatti fight, and it probably was, just Floyd's a bit older now so took a bit longer.

Conor also put in him in an arm in guillotine for a split second, i half thought he would take Floyd's back as Floyd was turning away as a defense, but the rules were observed bvar the hammer fists to the back of the head which were dodgy and should have been penalized.

Not sure what it is but McGregor seems to have some fitness issue. Runs out of steam far too early. It was his fitness that lost the fight mostly. Same thing was visible in his rematch with Diaz. Was winning and then lost all energy. Mayweather waited until he was completely exhausted before taking any risk... usual chickenshit bullshit from the best ever'. The dodgy feed was bad but the fight was worse so no regrets on that. 

They look very palsy now with nearly a half billion between them banked. Rematch?