Midweek fitba - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Don't see it as delusion.  We have a shite team at the moment, I give you that, I have never said anything otherwise.  Yet we are still 8 points ahead of you at the moment and challenging Aberdeen for 2nd, which is above what I thought we would achieve this year.  I don't mind losing to anyone when we are truly beat, it was our contribution to the defeat last night that pisses me off.  :ph34r:

fair enough

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

These videos always seem to end with Chris Sutton getting clobbered. BT seem to know what their audience want.

:lol:

I'm actually starting to quite like Sutton. He's become less obnoxious of late. Unlike many others, he also tries to promote our game and be positive about it. 

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Not yet but his stubbornness will be his downfall, I suspect. A stubbornness to continually play Rob Kiernan when everybody knows he's rotten; a stubbornness to continually give Andy Halliday 90 minutes when he has been poor for most of the season, ahead of the fans' favourite Jason Holt; a stubbornness to deviate from his preferred methodology even when we are being overrun, almost in every occasion, away from home; a stubbornness to acknowledge that his signings have been 50/50 at best, which has resulted in potentially promising players such as Tom Walsh leaving the club.

I still enjoy the football we try to play, which is why I still support him, but if he doesn't learn to be more flexible, he'll be away in the summer.

Totally agree with the stuborness and Kiernan but I think 50/50 with the signing is being very generous and part of the problem is Sendross aside he's only signed players from England, I'd argue there could be better options (and better value) further afield.

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

Totally agree with the stuborness and Kiernan but I think 50/50 with the signing is being very generous and part of the problem is Sendross aside he's only signed players from England, I'd argue there could be better options (and better value) further afield.

Yeah. Agree on his signings. I think at the start of the season I said he'd signed "over-priced, past it diddies, from the expensive English market". 

Barton, Hill, Senderos, Gilks & Krancjar (always been injury prone in his career) have all proven me right. Windass and Garner aren't old but certainly are over-priced too. 

A shocking signing policy and failures which combined must have cost the club about £65k/week for the first half of the season

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

a stubbornness to continually give Andy Halliday 90 minutes when he has been poor for most of the season

Can i say "i told you so" yet? ;) 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Agree on his signings. I think at the start of the season I said he'd signed "over-priced, past it diddies, from the expensive English market". 

Barton, Hill, Senderos, Gilks & Krancjar (always been injury prone in his career) have all proven me right. Windass and Garner aren't old but certainly are over-priced too. 

A shocking signing policy and failures which combined must have cost the club about £65k/week for the first half of the season

Windass doesn't even do a decent impersonation of a football player, f*ck knows who scouted him.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can i say "i told you so" yet? ;) 

I knew that was coming!

He was mostly good last season but he suddenly thinks he's Barry Ferguson. And he certainly isn't Barry Ferguson. Warburton would start to get the fans back on-side on Saturday if he dropped Halliday for Holt and Kiernan for absolutely anybody else, but I won't hold my breath. :(

Edited by thewolf_1980
Tenses all over the place.

Just now, Larky Masher said:

Nonsense, they shouldn't have bought Barton and used the money to get 3 or 4 players that could do a job for us.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but they did sign Barton and I know who I'd rather have in my team out of those two.

21 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

He was mostly good last season but he suddenly thinks he's Barry Ferguson. And he certainly isn't Barry Ferguson.

More like Barry Chuckle based on last night!

:lol:

He's clearly modelled himself on Barry Ferguson, even down to his permanent scowl, but he's pretty ordinary (and that's being generous).

7 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I knew that was coming!

He was mostly good last season but he suddenly thinks he's Barry Ferguson. And he certainly isn't Barry Ferguson. Warburton would start to get the fans back on-side on Saturday if he dropped Halliday for Holt and Kiernan for absolutely anybody else, but I won't hold my breath. :(

I'm nothing if not predictable. :) 

Guest BlueGaz
56 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

50/50 is very generous IMO.

Barton - Fail
Rossiter - Fail
Crooks - Fail
Krancjar - Fail
Garner - Fail
Sendros - Fail
Dodoo - Fail
Hill - ok/average
Windass - ok/average

Then on top of that;

Foderingham - average
Keirnan - no comment
Hailiday - average
Waghorn - average
MoH - average
Toral and Hyndman - TBC

22 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

50/50 is very generous IMO.

Barton - Fail
Rossiter - Fail
Crooks - Fail
Krancjar - Fail
Garner - Fail
Sendros - Fail
Dodoo - Fail
Hill - ok/average
Windass - ok/average

Then on top of that;

Foderingham - average
Keirnan - no comment
Hailiday - average
Waghorn - average
MoH - average
Toral and Hyndman - TBC

I'd elevate Foderingham to "Good" and you've also missed out Tavernier who has probably averaged out at average!  I agree with most of the rest of your assessments however I don't really think you can blame the manager for Rossiter's lack of games so far.  

You can also add in Oduwa (Fail), Zelalem (Average), Forrester (Average), King (Average)

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd elevate Foderingham to "Good" and you've also missed out Tavernier who has probably averaged out at average!  I agree with most of the rest of your assessments however I don't really think you can blame the manager for Rossiter's lack of games so far.  

You can also add in Oduwa (Fail), Zelalem (Average), Forrester (Average), King (Average)

Give you Tavernier (reluctantly as i really like him a lot of the time), but I would only elevate Fod as a shot stopper.  He thinks he is Messi on the ball and he is shit - the amount of times he has been responsible for putting us under pressure is not acceptable.

Won't give up Rossiter either.  When i heard he was coming and looked into his footballing background, he has had a lot of issues with injuries over a long ish period.  Surely Rangers knew that too.  

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

What about ohalloran? He seemed like a decent buy at the time. Was he given a chance? Or is he really not good.

He did.  He has been in and out, had a phase of a few games where he did ok a couple of months ago.  He has shown he could be good enough, but not consistent enough for me.  Average in my opinion.  

St.Johnstone's time-wasting tactics all second half were shocking. Not one booking yet at least 10 minutes were wasted by players slow walking past the ball at every throw in or freekick. Referee was hopeless. 

Same old sob story for us. Never deserved to lose etc etc. Of course we did. St J scored more goals than us. 

The new loanee Keown looks a great find. It's like he's been playing for us all season after one competitive game.  Unlucky not to score, too. 

Edited by OLAS

48 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

What about ohalloran? He seemed like a decent buy at the time. Was he given a chance? Or is he really not good.

I think part of the problem is our formation doesn't suit him. He plays best when breaking quickly and when he does tank up the wing he generally has very little support as we usually only have 1 player in the middle so he can't do much. He did get a couple of "assits" at the start of the season by driving up quickly and firing the ball in which ended up hitting off a defender and the ball ending up in the net.

Personally I think there is a player in there if the conditions were right and there will be a team out there where he fits in well and can play to his potential. Unfortunately I don't think that is us, certainly with the current setup.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

He is the best player in the world at winning corners instead of getting a decent ball into the penalty area.