Midweek fitba - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I was at the play off games, that was a shambles!

:shocked:

The last two games against Motherwell we just got away with it but a humping like this has been on the cards for sometime and there will likely be more as this squad is utter sh1te which is something Warburton has to take some responsibility for.

I'm struggling to remember a more pathetic 2nd half display from any Rangers team I've watched in my years of going to games and I include the McCoist era in that. Completely outplayed and outfought right across the park. Hearts were excellent though.

It's clear that Warburton hasn't learned a single thing since the last time we were completely outplayed and outfought there and he doesn't know how to set his team up to compete at Tynecastle. Worryingly poor 'performances' away from home against teams that don't allow us to play.

To reiterate though, well done Hearts. You can obviously only up your game against Rangers. ;) 

Watched the second half and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've only seen Hearts twice this season (both against Rangers) and they've been excellent both times. Don't know what all the fuss is :-).

On a less positive note for me it was gutting to see Isma in a Hearts jersey. A reminder of how far we've fallen in the last 4 years and I don't just mean league position.

He will be a great signing for Hearts. 

53 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I think Hearts have got some decent players during the transfer window but we are simply shIte and whilst this is especially true in central defence when we bring on Forrester and Windass I truly despair. This is worse than watching Scotland.

After everything that has happened to Rangers with going bust I think it's unfair on them to be comparing it to watching Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A lot of folk on twitter (I know, I know) seem to want Warburton out. A knee-jerk reaction from some dafties, or do the Rangers fans on here agree? 

End of the season for me. If we don't finish second then it's time for a change. He's not had a lot to spend but it's still more than anyone else so second should be the minimum expectation. 

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A lot of folk on twitter (I know, I know) seem to want Warburton out. A knee-jerk reaction from some dafties, or do the Rangers fans on here agree? 

Not yet but his stubbornness will be his downfall, I suspect. A stubbornness to continually play Rob Kiernan when everybody knows he's rotten; a stubbornness to continually give Andy Halliday 90 minutes when he has been poor for most of the season, ahead of the fans' favourite Jason Holt; a stubbornness to deviate from his preferred methodology even when we are being overrun, almost in every occasion, away from home; a stubbornness to acknowledge that his signings have been 50/50 at best, which has resulted in potentially promising players such as Tom Walsh leaving the club.

I still enjoy the football we try to play, which is why I still support him, but if he doesn't learn to be more flexible, he'll be away in the summer.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

To lose in this manner, on a midden, to a team like Hearts is simply embarrassing. Totally humped. 

to watch your lot leave after 60 minutes and to come home and read your bitterness makes for a lovely evening....great when the old firm get pumped

6 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

to watch your lot leave after 60 minutes and to come home and read your bitterness makes for a lovely evening....great when the old firm get pumped

Looked like the vast majority were still there at the end, which was about the only pleasing aspect for me. Maybe because they weren't allowed out for security reasons, but still.

At least Celtic did us a favour. I'm loathe to say it, but I can't imagine we can play any worse than tonight so to get that performance out of the way without losing our league position is a very, very, very, very minor positive.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

To lose in this manner, on a midden, to a team like Hearts is simply embarrassing. Totally humped. 

Talk about deluded, when are you going to realise you are not the rangers of old and you have no right to win any game. A team like Hearts have demolished you twice this season and we will only get better. 

Guest BlueGaz
7 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

I know where you are coming from and as a fan, hope you enjoyed your night - you certainly deserved it last night.  :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
7 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Talk about deluded, when are you going to realise you are not the rangers of old and you have no right to win any game. A team like Hearts have demolished you twice this season and we will only get better. 

Don't see it as delusion.  We have a shite team at the moment, I give you that, I have never said anything otherwise.  Yet we are still 8 points ahead of you at the moment and challenging Aberdeen for 2nd, which is above what I thought we would achieve this year.  I don't mind losing to anyone when we are truly beat, it was our contribution to the defeat last night that pisses me off.  :ph34r:

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

End of the season for me. If we don't finish second then it's time for a change. He's not had a lot to spend but it's still more than anyone else so second should be the minimum expectation. 

Aye, but if you have money to buy a decent car you don't spend it all on the banger from the guy in the next street.  I will be content with 3rd though, if we can achieve it.  I didn't expect us to be challenging for 2nd, but here we are.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've been trying to find something to lift my spirits after last nights debacle and I think this might just be it.  Anyone who doesn't enjoy this is dead inside.

These videos always seem to end with Chris Sutton getting clobbered. BT seem to know what their audience want.

:lol:

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've been trying to find something to lift my spirits after last nights debacle and I think this might just be it.  Anyone who doesn't enjoy this is dead inside.

Quality..   guid wee dig at Butcher at the end as well.....