Getting rid of Sky - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Getting rid of Sky

Streamplanet on twitter - Load the stream on pad or phone (android or iOS) link to TV via Apple TV or if android tv though that. Free HD games 95% perfect streams Saturdays games were perfect streamed from Fox sports. No kodi boxes that are basically crap for live streams. OK or movies though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Been swithering on getting one of these dodgy boxes/sticks for ages.

Finally bit the bullet and got an amazon fire stick to try it out.

First impression is that for live sport it's looking pretty useless, but probably do a job for films for the kids.

So far put on Kodi with exodus and Phoenix.

Any other suggestions, particularly for football and films?

I use exodus for films find it great got others installed but exodus is my goto for films

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Any other suggestions, particularly for football ...?

I'd recommend using AceStream and https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ / http://soccerstreams.net/ 

You'll need to sideload the AceStream engine program then install Plexus & p2p Sports in Kodi.   'mind and start AceStream outside of Kodi before you click on the AceStream links within Kodi.   It'll buffer a wee bit as it's p2p but the picture quality is normally much better than watching on a website or using the crappy Kodi streams.

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2017 at 9:22 AM, DaveyDenoon said:

Get a zgemma box loaded with a sky skin. Cost about £120 including 12 month sub. £20 per year to renew.

Hook it up with your satellite dish cables and wireless broadband. You're picking up broadcasts not streams so no buffering etc.

Youll get all the sky channels, BT sport, etc etc.

Looks and behaves exactly like sky including pause, record, etc.

Much easier than kodi.

Got a link to where you got it. My virgin media coming to an end and looking at maybe going down this route.

If anyone else has a link to get an open box with subscriptions it would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one.  It has the odd problem/glitch but by and large it's been good. Every sky channel, including BT Sport, Box Office Boxing etc and it also has Iptv which has various add ons such as BBC iplayer, 123 movies, box sets, YouTube, live streams for football etc

Can't provide a link as the guy that sells them, does so through word of mouth, for obvious reasons. Can put you both in touch with the guy if you like. 

£170 he takes for it, which includes your first subscription. Tbh I think you could do it a good bit cheaper, but I'm not really sure where to start with it. Plus any time I have had a problem,  this lad has been on hand to sort it out for me. 

Ps hunchy, do you have a Sky dish/cables in place? 

Edited by Angus_Young

On 03/04/2017 at 11:45 AM, Angus_Young said:

I've got one.  It has the odd problem/glitch but by and large it's been good. Every sky channel, including BT Sport, Box Office Boxing etc and it also has Iptv which has various add ons such as BBC iplayer, 123 movies, box sets, YouTube, live streams for football etc

Can't provide a link as the guy that sells them, does so through word of mouth, for obvious reasons. Can put you both in touch with the guy if you like. 

£170 he takes for it, which includes your first subscription. Tbh I think you could do it a good bit cheaper, but I'm not really sure where to start with it. Plus any time I have had a problem,  this lad has been on hand to sort it out for me. 

Ps hunchy, do you have a Sky dish/cables in place? 

Ye they all in place both sky and cable

• 1 month later...