The Last Man on the Moon - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Man on the Moon

Don't know if anyone's seen anything from the 'NASA Travel Agency' before, but they knock up fantasy travel posters like you used to get in the first half of the 20th Century for planets and exoplanets etc. They've already done one for Trappist-1

_94800971_mediaitem94800970.jpg

On 25/02/2017 at 10:23 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm so if moon landing were hoaxed as is space travel then please explain why NASA would claim responsibility for the many astronaut deaths? The Challenger disaster, the astronauts who died when their rocket burst into flames on launch pad in the sixties and others that died in test launches etc.

It's pointless attempting to use logic. I'd just ignore him.

An RIP thread for someone that has achieved something that only 11 other people have done and it turns into another conspiracy thread. Jesus wept.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

An RIP thread for someone that has achieved something that only 11 other people have done and it turns into another conspiracy thread. Jesus wept.

I see what you did there

Well played

Well played indeed

11 hours ago, Flure said:

I find the "ignore" function a soothing influence.

I have to agree

Only used it for one person but I never realised something can be so good and make the TAMB experience better

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

An interesting article but it doesn't explain how we should deal with wind-up merchants.

It works up to a point, but not when what they believe in is barking.

Even though I'm an atheist, I see no reason why science and religion should be in conflict. They're different discussions. What we discover in science is far more beautiful and astonishing than any construct that insists that a god has to intervene regularly to keep things working. A god who could create the universe as science describes it is far more astonishing and powerful than one who created a universe in the kind of simple models that are otherwise put forward.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm still playing catch-up with this thread, but in the meantime I'd like your thoughts.

The trick here is to disprove the 'proofs' without going "I know that's not true because that wasn't what I was indoctrinated with."

Only had time to watch the first minute of that, will look at more later.

Regarding not witnessing the Earth's curvature even from a plane, the Earth is a pretty big object. If you imagine the Earth as being the size of a football then the International Space Station is orbiting around 7 millimetres from the surface. Travelling just a few miles up is not going to alter your perception of the surface much other than giving you a wider field of view.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Only had time to watch the first minute of that, will look at more later.

Regarding not witnessing the Earth's curvature even from a plane, the Earth is a pretty big object. If you imagine the Earth as being the size of a football then the International Space Station is orbiting around 7 millimetres from the surface. Travelling just a few miles up is not going to alter your perception of the surface much other than giving you a wider field of view.

gtf out of here with that sensible pish.