The Last Man on the Moon - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Man on the Moon

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, DonnyTJS said:

Exactly. It's fascinating trying to work out how they've choreographed it to the phases of the flight trajectory. God knows how you work it out in theory before putting it into practice (and I've no idea how they didn't all chuck up). Those stewardesses are brilliant.

I assume there would've been a number of takes, though the clean up between each one must've been murder.

Found this which, if you can get over the sloppy use of gravity-related terminology, explains how it was done.

As a matter of interest (to me if no one else), the plane was an Ilyushin Il76 - a Soviet-era transporter that used to fly daily over my apartment in Luanda as the Angolan air force had a bunch of 'em. Noisiest thing I've ever heard (and I've seen Motorhead, and Concorde - though from a much greater distance).

6 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Found this which, if you can get over the sloppy use of gravity-related terminology, explains how it was done.

As a matter of interest (to me if no one else), the plane was an Ilyushin Il76 - a Soviet-era transporter that used to fly daily over my apartment in Luanda as the Angolan air force had a bunch of 'em. Noisiest thing I've ever heard (and I've seen Motorhead, and Concorde - though from a much greater distance).

Cool, I knew about this method from some old vhs tape at school some science teacher put on in lieu of teaching us.

Also seems folk agree with you regarding that particular aircraft

7 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

That's amazing! Must've cost them a fortune to make it.  We've certainly come a long way since Bowie was "floating" in his tin can...

• 9 months later...

:( RIP Commander. 

John Young took charge of 4 different types of spacecraft, the only astronaut to do so.

I'd read more than half the men who walked on the moon were of Scottish descent. Presumably the son of William Hugh Young was one of them.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

John Young took charge of 4 different types of spacecraft, the only astronaut to do so.

I'd read more than half the men who walked on the moon were of Scottish descent. Presumably the son of William Hugh Young was one of them.

I heard they were all from African descent.

On 07/01/2018 at 12:22 AM, Toepoke said:

Armstrong, Aldrin, Shepherd and Bean all have Scots heritage for sure. As did John Glenn, the first American to orbit the earth.

4 hours ago, biffer said:

Armstrong, Aldrin, Shepherd and Bean all have Scots heritage for sure. As did John Glenn, the first American to orbit the earth.

David Scott too clearly. Also Jim Irwin and Ed Mitchell came from Scottish lineage.

I couldn't find out what Charlie Duke's ancestry was but he did visit Airdrie recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What’d ya know...all the planets and moon missions are named after their false gods - the so called gods of mythology.  Except they worship them for real.  It’s really the ‘god’ of this world and the other fallen ones.  Get real and wake up to the manipulation!