Tennis 2017 - Page 14 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

The men's game should commercially separate from the women's game and they should be two commercially distinct businesses as the men are being forced to subsidize the women's game for bullshit PC reasons. Let them sell their own tickets, sell their own TV rights and stand alone and then they can pay the women whatever they want. But I suspect they will never do that because they know they are sponging the fhuck out of men's tennis getting a cushy ride. Male players should actually sue for discrimination. They are being denied their true earnings to subsidize women's tennis. 

Inferior? McEnroe says quite rightly the No.1 women's player would struggle to beat the men's No.700. Relatively it is boring and slow and the depth of talent is not there. You still have fat arses playing and doing well last time I looked. Fhuck womens tennis it is pish. Let them earn and then pay their own way. The men's game would be so much better without the PC leaches.

How do you seperate the TV rights for Wimbledon? Do you have a set of ITV cameras for the Womens and a set of BBC ones for the Mens? The LTA doesn't have the money or clout to do the same as FIFA and effectively run their own source which they sell on to multiple providers. 

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

The men's game should commercially separate from the women's game and they should be two commercially distinct businesses as the men are being forced to subsidize the women's game for bullshit PC reasons. Let them sell their own tickets, sell their own TV rights and stand alone and then they can pay the women whatever they want. But I suspect they will never do that because they know they are sponging the fhuck out of men's tennis getting a cushy ride. Male players should actually sue for discrimination. They are being denied their true earnings to subsidize women's tennis. 

Inferior? McEnroe says quite rightly the No.1 women's player would struggle to beat the men's No.700. Relatively it is boring and slow and the depth of talent is not there. You still have fat arses playing and doing well last time I looked. Fhuck womens tennis it is pish. Let them earn and then pay their own way. The men's game would be so much better without the PC leaches.

Very progressive viewpoint you have there :lol: 

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

Full of drug cheats as well. :wave:

Thplinth, are you trolling me? ;)

Didn't really want to get involved in this but i have to stick up for the women.Yes physically there are obvious differences,and they make their cash at grand slams easier(no 5 setters),but the talented women are just as good as talented men.Martina Hingis in the mixed eg,is phenomenal.

37 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Didn't really want to get involved in this but i have to stick up for the women.Yes physically there are obvious differences,and they make their cash at grand slams easier(no 5 setters),but the talented women are just as good as talented men.Martina Hingis in the mixed eg,is phenomenal.

Indeed. On Jo Konta yesterday "Her average forehand speed of 73mph was 2mph faster even than Andy Murray’s at this tournament."

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/johanna-konta-makes-history-wimbledon-centre-court-thriller/

3 hours ago, biffer said:

How do you seperate the TV rights for Wimbledon? Do you have a set of ITV cameras for the Womens and a set of BBC ones for the Mens? The LTA doesn't have the money or clout to do the same as FIFA and effectively run their own source which they sell on to multiple providers. 

I don't care for the proposal but organizing TV rights would be easy, as long as you have a product folk want to buy. Whoever has the rights will record it.

4 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Murray's hip issues coming to the fore?

Every time Murray is struggling is the only time you post :lol: 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Looks like it.  And apparently he can't call an injury time out as it's an injury picked up before the tournament. 

Is it not just Nadal who is allowed injury time outs?

I'm guessing he couldn't request a toilet break instead and seek treatment?

Edited by Cove_Sheep

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

Full of drug cheats as well. :wave:

Without a shadow of a doubt, I've said it for years. Nadal and Djokovic in particular are EPO daft and there will be rafts of others as well.

Can only micro-dose EPO now, it'll be fresh blood bags they use. No real longitudinal testing in Tennis, so all you need to do is take two bags out, if the tester comes in the next couple of days, dodge him and take a strike. Store them, and when you take two more out you put the two other ones back in and zero change to blood profile. At worst you take one strike to start up but they hardly get tested in Tennis OOC blood tests.

Berhard Hopkins is the biggest red flag in sport or was before retirement. 52 year old boxer ffs. lol

Lucky enough to have a ticket for Final on Sunday but arriving at Wimbledon on Saturday about 10.30am. I would think grounds will be full to capacity by that time but does anyone have any idea if that's correct based on past experience? I can't find a phone number for Wimbledon other than emergency ticket problems.

On 11/07/2017 at 6:25 PM, thplinth said:

Wow, what a massive pile of 1970s crap. 

It's all about supply and demand and rightly or wrongly that's the way the world works. More people are interested in watching the men's games so they are more willing to pay more and the scheduling of the matches reflects that. Its the way of the world. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes against.

Similarly, a GB woman will get centre court over a highly ranked men's match which will go to #1 or #2 court because there's a perception the paying public will want to see that match more than the other.............because she's representing GB. Supply and demand.

17 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Muguruza currently handing Venus her erse on a silver plate....

Stunning collapse from Venus who had two set points in the first.  Well done to Gordon Reid in the wheelchair doubles and chance of my Scottish success with Jamie Murray and even if he doesn't win they'll be a winner with a Scottish name!

Women's tennis stands on its own two feet, earns what it merits and pays its own bills. 

And that is not progressive?

Men are getting shafted by PC leaching. If they broke away from women's tennis it would be a Premier league breakaway type move. Dump the moany expensive dead wood, let them go for it if they think they are so hot shit marketable,

Edited by thplinth

4 hours ago, exile said:

Jamie Murray & Martina Hingis win mixed doubles title http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40626378

" He said the atmosphere was "strange" in Centre Court because the British support were "a bit split with Heather and me". "

:lol: I wonder if he's being diplomatic

Rod Liddle gave me a chortle in the Sunday Times today, responding to the claims that Jo Konta's Hungarian / Australian heritage highlight a new way of looking at national identity by saying no, he was pretty sure she was British,  until tea time on Thursday. As was the Scottish guy with the limp...

A shocking mens Wimbledon is thankfully over. Top two seeds injured but scraped through to the QF's before succumbing to their injuries. Overall, i think somewhere arounf 10 players had to retire from matches in the mens draw. From the moments Rafa lost to Gilles Muller, i looked like the rest of the tournament would be little more than a processiong for Federer and so it proved. Every match of his was completely one-sided and noncompetitive. 

Thankfully we're past the grass-court season now and can back to tennis where guys as limited as Berdych, Querry and Muller don't feature very much. 

A wonderful women's tournament though, despite the final set of the tournament being a whitewash. Muguruza vs Kerber was undoubtedly the match of the tournament. A wonderful match from two players who were close to the top of their game.