Tennis 2017 - Page 17 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

28 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

What can you say? Federer, 20 Grand Slams, incredible.

Aye, and considering he has had Rafa against him for a good time , he has 16 slams on his own. its a tremendous achievment.

I also dont think Federer is finished, 1 or 2 more slams this year, i think....  or bow out with 4 in a year.....

What a sportsman

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, Bannannan said:

Would be very surprised if he plays Roland Garros.

Don't think there's any chance of him going near clay this year. I'd expect the same schedule as the first half of last year: Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, skip the clay court season, then Stuttgart, Halle and Wimbledon where he will be favourite, if fit.

I think what the last 12 months has highlighted is that the previous decade really was the golden era. There's no way a 36 year old should be winning major's nor a half fit Nadal (at Flushing Meadows).

A cracking win for Norrie. If you followed his progress in the last year it makes it a little less of a massive shock as his stock has risen so much. In the last year his ranking has risen from around 300 to breaking into the top 100 (briefly) after the Australian Open. He also almost qualified for the Australian Open so he has been on an upward curve. Still given the circumstances it was a superb win.

On 03/02/2018 at 10:11 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

A cracking win for Norrie. If you followed his progress in the last year it makes it a little less of a massive shock as his stock has risen so much. In the last year his ranking has risen from around 300 to breaking into the top 100 (briefly) after the Australian Open. He also almost qualified for the Australian Open so he has been on an upward curve. Still given the circumstances it was a superb win.

What is it with Brits in tennis not being .......erm Brits. 

Norrie - born in South Africa, represents New Zealand now british

konta - Australian Hungarian born in Aus, represents Aus but now british

edmund - born in South Africa, probably being harsh considering Edmund was brought up in Yorkshire.

rusedski - born in Canada, mum English, dad german, represents Canada then British.

tennis is worse than football for working out someone’s alliegances :lol:

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Bannannan said:

Parkie will be happy.Roger donsd it against one of his favourites:P

Very happy. 

A victory made all the sweeter by: 

- Federer's near total support all acting like disrespectful wanks (standard)
- Federer acting like a disrespectful wank because he can't handle losing (standard)
- Mark Petchey about coming in his pants every time Federer won a point and pretty much actively cheering for him (standard)

Go on yersel' Delpo. Hopefully i'll get to see him at Rolan Garros in a couple of month's time! 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Very happy. 

A victory made all the sweeter by: 

- Federer's near total support all acting like disrespectful wanks (standard)
- Federer acting like a disrespectful wank because he can't handle losing (standard)
- Mark Petchey about coming in his pants every time Federer won a point and pretty much actively cheering for him (standard)

Go on yersel' Delpo. Hopefully i'll get to see him at Rolan Garros in a couple of month's time! 

I knew you would love it,me too.!Saw him twice in Stuttgart at the start of his career.Hits a heavy ball!

Anyone else get tickets for the French Open today? Me and the Mrs are heading over for 3 days, from the 31st May. 

I'm counting the days already! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, adamntg said:

I went.

That's a delayed reply... :lol: 

we went on the Saturday. Was alright, I guess. Wasn't too enamoured with it though. 

At RG today and the next two days though :) 

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

we went on the Saturday. Was alright, I guess. Wasn't too enamoured with it though. 

Wow! Let us know what matches you get to see. I was lucky enough to attend a US Open final a long time ago. It was some experience!

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aye, it was ok, first time I'd been to live tennis.  We went on the Sunday and saw the finals.  Would likely have been more interesting if I'd heard of any of the players before.

Roland Garros would be awesome.  I walked around it when I was over for the Euros, they left the courts open and there were some folk knocking up but it must be great when there's actual matches on.