Tennis 2017 - Page 16 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

2 hours ago, Bannannan said:

No Brisbane for Andy.Looks like OP is on the cards.:unsure:

To be honest, and it pains me to say this, I think his days of competing at the highest level is over. He has rested the hip for 6 months and it is still troubling him. An operation may alleviate the pain but cannot see it beingf anything more than an act of desperation. I say this as, if an operation was straight forward and a guaranteed cure he would have done it six months ago.

Thanks for the memories Andy. 

It does feel like this is the end of high level competition for Andy and time also appears to be catching up with the others as Nadal, Djokovic and Wawrinka are all major doubts for Melbourne... the freak that is Fed keeps on going though.

46 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Murray has had hip surgery and hopes to be back for grass court season 

Fingers crossed for him. The quotes attributed to him seem much more upbeat and positive than his comments last week. 

6 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

given you follow tennis - any reason why surgery in Melbourne ? 

No idea. However, it'll have been a carefully thought out decision. Maybe the surgeon there is one of the best? Or maybe he just wanted to get it done as quickly as possible? Or that he'd planned to be away from home anyway and now won't be tempted to chase a 2 year old about the house with a dodgy hip? :lol: 

Quotes attributed to Andy state that he's been told that other players who've had the same surgery were back practicing in around 8 weeks and back playing in around 14 weeks. 14 weeks is only mid-April, so there might be an outside chance of an appearance at Roland Garros (please, Andy, i want to see you!). However, due to him liking plenty time to adjust to new surfaces due to his back condition and it being his least likely slam to win, he may just decide to get plenty practice on the grass instead. 

• 2 weeks later...