Tennis 2017 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

3pm start this afternoon for Murray v Djokovic final.

Unusual for the top 2 to meet in a 250 event, but this will be a good marker for the Australian Open and the season ahead. 

Both have played decent tennis, but not spectacular, to reach the final with Murray yet to lose a set. 

Whatever happens, good preparation for Melbourne!

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is Murray still number one in the rankings? 

Yes he is

i think the two of them are going to have an unbelievable amount of duels this year. Bring it on!

i think Andys best chance will be at the French open. He's improved a lot on this surface whereas Djokovic owns the Aussie open

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is Murray still number one in the rankings? 

Yes. He should actually increase the gap - Djokovic was defending 250 points this week, Murray wasn't defending any and picked up 150.

11 minutes ago, min said:

Yes. He should actually increase the gap - Djokovic was defending 250 points this week, Murray wasn't defending any and picked up 150.

Correct :ok: 

On 1/8/2017 at 4:14 PM, Parklife said:

Correct :ok: 

Just finished listening to this weeks Tennis Podcast. It was interesting listening to the different tactics used by Djokovic on Saturday, feigning injury more and more, bouncing the ball much more than he used to. Perhaps its a sign that Murray is getting to him now after he had it all his own way for so long?? ^?^

EDIT - I don't know why but Djokovic waving the crowd up when he wins really gets on my tits :lol:

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just finished listening to this weeks Tennis Podcast. It was interesting listening to the different tactics used by Djokovic on Saturday, feigning injury more and more, bouncing the ball much more than he used to. Perhaps its a sign that Murray is getting to him now after he had it all his own way for so long?? ^?^

EDIT - I don't know why but Djokovic waving the crowd up when he wins really gets on my tits :lol:

Yeah, as we were watching i was getting infuriated at the ball bouncing. The umpire should've put a stop to it, why is he being allowed to take so long between serves?!? 

Yeah, i think Djokovic was certainly feeling a bit pressure and was clearly desperate to get the win. After losing his No.1, especially the way Murray held it at the WTF, i think Djokovic is determined to get the No.1 back. However, it's Andy is a different beast to the one he was 12 months ago, which Djokovic knows. 

Agree on the waving thing, assuming you mean the thing he does to each stand after a match? He's so needy and determined to try and make everyone love him. It's fvcking boke inducing. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, as we were watching i was getting infuriated at the ball bouncing. The umpire should've put a stop to it, why is he being allowed to take so long between serves?!? 

Yeah, i think Djokovic was certainly feeling a bit pressure and was clearly desperate to get the win. After losing his No.1, especially the way Murray held it at the WTF, i think Djokovic is determined to get the No.1 back. However, it's Andy is a different beast to the one he was 12 months ago, which Djokovic knows. 

Agree on the waving thing, assuming you mean the thing he does to each stand after a match? He's so needy and determined to try and make everyone love him. It's fvcking boke inducing. :lol: 

aye that what I meant, his temper is getting worse too after being docked a point

Dancer. Hope Andy can pull this off, a lot of tough matches to come and there will be a lot of players now thinking they're in with a shot - Wawrinka, Nishikori, Federer, Nadal, Raonic, etc. 

Also starting to look like Djoko needs some 'gluten'. 

Edited by biffer

Looking good for Andy - steady improvement in the three matches so far and not too long on court.

Federer v Berdych in an hour or so, which could give us an idea whether Federer will be a contender this season.