£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

SFA fined £15k for poppygate

I can just see these Facebook pages in the run up to the Slovenia game. Some attention seeking happy clapping arsewipe will be trying to arrange a collection outside the ground to pay for it ??? 

:lol::ok:

38 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Apparently also fined for booing God Save The Queen. Since when was booing a national anthem a punishable offence?! Im not passing judgement on whether it's a good idea but when did fines for it become a thing?! They looking for a new income stream?

Been the case for some time now, we've been fined for booing GSTQ when we played N. Ireland and also for booing the Leichtenstein anthem as well.

3 minutes ago, Fermer said:

We all have principles.  IMO the home nations were right to wear poppies.  If they buckle and pay the fines I will be disappointed.  Get back to home nations again then.  Least we have a chance of qualifying.  Who did poppies upset?

The only people I ever see getting upset over poppies are those complaining that others aren't wearing one.

We deliberately broke the rules and deserve all we get.

5 minutes ago, Fermer said:

FIFA are upset because we did wear one.  So if only people you have seen getting upset is people that werent wearing one.  Well, work it out.

I wouldn't know if they were getting upset about it or not to be fair. What I do know is that they have rules in places which forbid these kind of things so they have ,rightly, fined us for it.

1 hour ago, Fermer said:

We all have principles.  IMO the home nations were right to wear poppies.  If they buckle and pay the fines I will be disappointed.  Get back to home nations again then.  Least we have a chance of qualifying.  Who did poppies upset?

I have principles, including not supporting highly politicised symbols of the British Army. 

If the team really had to wear poppies they should've worn white ones. 

10 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I have principles, including not supporting highly politicised symbols of the British Army. 

Utter shite.  The poppy is not a political symbol and only a fool would think it was.  It's a charities symbol. 

If you do t want to wear one I have no issue with,  however dictating that others can't is beyond the pale. 

The SFA should tell fifa to ram their fine.  It's not like a points deduction or being thrown out of the tournament will make any difference to us. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you do t want to wear one I have no issue with,   

If only the political and media establishment felt the same way ................

Should never have been an issue. The team could have (and probably did) wear poppies on their way to the stadium, Strachan and co could have worn them in the dugout, fans could have worn them (and many did), there could have been a humungous poppy on the team bus and none of it would have broken the FIFA rules, daft as they are. But Regan and co had to patter along like the English FA's obedient wee dugs. We've done the crime we should pay the fine. And sack Regan and co.

What an attention-seeking diddy you are, laddie.

I wonder why each nation was not fined the same amount (I have not read beyond headlines). Or are the countries who were at home deemed more culpable than the visiting nations? Almost certain somebody on here will know why. Maybe it was done in ratio to population. Or were some poppies bigger than others? Not that I am bored you understand.............

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Utter shite.  The poppy is not a political symbol and only a fool would think it was.  It's a charities symbol. 

If you do t want to wear one I have no issue with,  however dictating that others can't is beyond the pale. 

The SFA should tell fifa to ram their fine.  It's not like a points deduction or being thrown out of the tournament will make any difference to us. 

I don't care if other people want to wear one, it's a free country.  However, for senior employees of the SFA to foist it on the rest of us as if there's some kind of unanimity of opinion is out of order.  The Eatablishment don't want to acknowledge it, but the poppy divides as much as it unifies.  

You can use your emperor-new-clothes argument if you want, but I'm no fool and it feels like a political symbol to me, and its use by the British Government since Iraq reinforces my opinion.  

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This.  I have zero respect for FIFA.