£15,000 Poppy Fine - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Guacamole and sour cream with chives

Would need to be sour cream with chives. I doubt Fermer would take something he couldn't get his tongue around. 

Or maybe a dip with cucumber,  to help with the itching. 

There's actually a farmers only dating site that's repeatedly advertised on the box here. It's cringeworthy but funny as fvck. They finish the advert with the line 'City folks just don't get it!' :lol:

Edited by Ormond

16 hours ago, Fermer said:

Is that you Tidy?  Hope no.  I had a vision of your great big muckle hands and shoulders like an ox.  Yon wee lassie there couldny muck out a byre then make dinner afterwards for us.

Certainly no me Fermer. Those lassies are more suited to Byres Road than a coo byre. What kind of Fermers wife doesn't have a decent pair of wellies and dungarees. Nice big hook on that rod right enough. Would come in handy when you are reaching for that 3rd bottle of Glenlivet .

Just one question from me . Can you get  Coronation St in Fermerland ? That is a deal breaker. Emmerdale is like a busman's holiday. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Certainly no me Fermer. Those lassies are more suited to Byres Road than a coo byre. What kind of Fermers wife doesn't have a decent pair of wellies and dungarees. Nice big hook on that rod right enough. Would come in handy when you are reaching for that 3rd bottle of Glenlivet .

Just one question from me . Can you get  Coronation St in Fermerland ? That is a deal breaker. Emmerdale is like a busman's holiday. 

From the byre to the bedroom you will want for nothing my big woman.  I will take you to bathgate abc to see the new film about the tractors.  Have you seen the trailer for it?

21 minutes ago, Fermer said:

From the byre to the bedroom you will want for nothing my big woman.  I will take you to bathgate abc to see the new film about the tractors.  Have you seen the trailer for it?

I have indeed. And whit a trailer it was. A pure cracker. 10 ton and airbag suspension.

I canny wait Fermer. I havent been so excited since sharing a bottle o cider with the Wurzels at the Kilbarchan young fermers. And that wisnae yesterday. What should I wear? I have a nice checked shirt I got from Fermer Broon for minding his chickens last weekend . Would that do?  

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have indeed. And whit a trailer it was. A pure cracker. 10 ton and airbag suspension.

I canny wait Fermer. I havent been so excited since sharing a bottle o cider with the Wurzels at the Kilbarchan young fermers. And that wisnae yesterday. What should I wear? I have a nice checked shirt I got from Fermer Broon for minding his chickens last weekend . Would that do?  

Fermer broons a tight  erse.  A checked shirt?  It was probably his.  If u are in his corn field dont mention me btw.  There are ears everywhere.  Is it washed?  I hate the smell of chicken shit.  Would put a man off his glenlivet.  Well maybe no.  Off my ....../.  Nah it probably wouldny put me off that either.  Just wear it ffs x

11 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Fermer broons a tight  erse.  A checked shirt?  It was probably his.  If u are in his corn field dont mention me btw.  There are ears everywhere. Is it washed?  I hate the smell of chicken shit.  Would put a man off his glenlivet.  Well maybe no.  Off my ....../.  Nah it probably wouldny put me off that either.  Just wear it ffs x

??? 

I need to go out now and back to work tomorrow , we have hijacked this thread for too long, we will both be getting barred for disrespecting the poppy. 

Thanks for the banter , its been a hoot. I dont care what they say Fermer , you are ok. Hope you make it through the rest of 2016. Dont think i could handle another celebrity death. X

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

??? 

I need to go out now and back to work tomorrow , we have hijacked this thread for too long, we will both be getting barred for disrespecting the poppy. 

Thanks for the banter , its been a hoot. I dont care what they say Fermer , you are ok. Hope you make it through the rest of 2016. Dont think i could handle another celebrity death. X

You to Tidy.  Least you can say you fancied a man who was out standing in his field.  So long kid x

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I am not a rangers fan btw but I do support wearing the poppy.

I support everyone's right to wear - or not to wear - a poppy.

Each to their own.

It's the, increasingly obligatory, poppyfests that leave me uncomfortable.

Guest BlueGaz
18 minutes ago, Flure said:

Each to their own.

It makes me more uncomfortable in 2016 that Malcolm feels it necessary to couple the fact he supports the wearing of the Poppy with that fact that he is not a Rangers supporter.  

Just now, BlueGaz said:

It makes me more uncomfortable in 2016 that Malcolm feels it necessary to couple the fact he supports the wearing of the Poppy with that fact that he is not a Rangers supporter.  

That too. Yes.

1 hour ago, Flure said:

Each to their own.

Agreed, it's no longer about respect, it has been politicised beyond all recognition. All the brit twats were out looking to claim the victim status, it's bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Agreed, it's no longer about respect, it has been politicised beyond all recognition. All the brit twats were out looking to claim the victim status, it's bullshit. 

Correct.  And the people on the other side have gone further their way to prove to their pals how much they hate the brits.  Pathetic state of affairs.  But hey, it's Scotland no Syria.  But it could be the way some people hate in this nation.  I fear for that.

4 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Correct.  And the people on the other side have gone further their way to prove to their pals how much they hate the brits.  Pathetic state of affairs.  But hey, it's Scotland no Syria.  But it could be the way some people hate in this nation.  I fear for that.

Expand on that please.

I will e

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Expand on that please.

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Expand on that please.

no problem.  The hate in scotland could easily go to way back to it was in the killing times.  that is what is happening in syria now.  do you know when the killing times were in scotland my friend?  And I am not taking piss here ma pal.   Not trying to catch you out or anything as you will know more things about things I dont know.  But the killing times were a bad time in Scotland.  and to mind are not much better now.  Watch tomorrows game at ibrox and tell me  anything has changed.  two tribes.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

I will bet you millions wear it out of respect. So your post is nonsense.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I will bet you millions wear it out of respect. So your post is nonsense.

Feck them blue gaz.  If they want to hate the scottish soldiers who fought and died.  let them.  My grandad, your relatives I am sure and also his/hers probably did.  But he/she now has the right to not respect  or remember who fought for scotland in the two world wars.  Leave him to it ma pal.  Respect doesnt enter the world they live in so let it go and feel sorry  for them.  BTW do you know who is my new foto now?  Friend and colleague who played in the best rangers team ever.

24 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Feck them blue gaz.  If they want to hate the scottish soldiers who fought and died.  let them.  My grandad, your relatives I am sure and also his/hers probably did.  But he/she now has the right to not respect  or remember who fought for scotland in the two world wars.  Leave him to it ma pal.  Respect doesnt enter the world they live in so let it go and feel sorry  for them.  BTW do you know who is my new foto now?  Friend and colleague who played in the best rangers team ever.

Oh christ, not more of this "if ye don't wear a poppy ye dinnae show respect" bullshit.

Who are you to judge whether anyone else shows "respect" or not ?

Some of us find this ridiculous newfangled poppyfest to be insulting and want no part of it. The whole jingoistic love in for the military being rammed down our throats is tacky and nauseous. 

And spare me the attention seekers with their faux emotion, who bang on endlessly about how moved they are and how auld uncle jimmy would be so proud. Trying to show how they "care" more than anybody else. Oh, do pass me the fecking hankies.

The best way to remember the dead of both world wars if to stop war altogether. To promote peace, understanding and goodwill between all peoples of the world. Not to put a wee red cardboard flower the size of a beefburger on your tit and post a tweet with "lest we forget" on it.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

44 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Oh christ, not more of this "if ye don't wear a poppy ye dinnae show respect" bullshit.

Who are you to judge whether anyone else shows "respect" or not ?

Some of us find this ridiculous newfangled poppyfest to be insulting and want no part of it. The whole jingoistic love in for the military being rammed down our throats is tacky and nauseous. 

And spare me the attention seekers with their faux emotion, who bang on endlessly about how moved they are and how auld uncle jimmy would be so proud. Trying to show how they "care" more than anybody else. Oh, do pass me the fecking hankies.

The best way to remember the dead of both world wars if to stop war altogether. To promote peace, understanding and goodwill between all peoples of the world. Not to put a wee red cardboard flower the size of a beefburger on your tit and post a tweet with "lest we forget" on it.

I know my pal.  We shpuld not remember the people who fought against nazis etc.  And died for free speech which you and I are lucky to have.  The hate you have for Scots who fought against nazis will never be remembered.  The men who fought against that will.  It's very simple.  Have a good and free scottish new year.  I will remember them.  That's my right.  And yours to hate them.