Glasgow Warriors v Racing 92 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Warriors v Racing 92

Rossy

Surprised there's no thread on a quite sensational performance by Glasgow last night, destroying the French champions and European cup finalists in May. 

The first half was probably the best half of rugby I've seen from any Scottish side in the last 10 years.

Just a pity they couldn't get the bonus point, but wins against Munster and away to Leicester are well within their grasp. 

I was there last night, Glasgow were brilliant, first half in particular as you say. Still loads to do in the group, but they have a lot of good players  performing well. Good to see Russell on such good form (wouldn't be surprised to see him playing his club rugby in France before too long) and I find it hard to see how Strauss isn't higher up the pecking order in the Scotland squad than he seems to be. One word of caution would be that all didn't seem to be well with Racing, lacked any meaningful game-plan early on, and Carter not on same wavelength as most of the rest of the squad. 

Decent result for Glasgow today. 2 wins will surely see them through.

The game today was again highlighted by pitiful refereeing from Pascal Gauzere, a whistler who makes George Clancy seem like an arbirtring genius. 

What a woeful performance. Sadly typical of rugby refereeing these days though. The ethos of the game is being destroyed by law changes and hopeless refereeing.

Finn Russell has been outstanding in these two games. He out Carter'd Carter in both games.  He will be attracting some attention.  Scottish rugby has some really talented players at the moment.  Russell, Laidlaw, J Gray, Nel, Hardie, Bennet and Hogg are surely all Lions contenders? 

• 1 month later...