Scottish Club Badges - Best & Worst - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Club Badges - Best & Worst

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rossy claiming a Motherwell player could've been sent off in a game that lasted 7 minutes was a cracker.

:lol:

Everybody is meant to roll over before a ball is kicked against the Famous. According to the TAMB anyway. :lol:

Edit to add: I wonder if I'm still on the "He hates the Dons list" on here. :-)) I used to enjoy watching them as a bairn too turning over the Weegies on a regular basis! 

Edited by Ormond

8 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Bottom one looks like it's having some sort of fit!

I like the stenny one

1 hour ago, silverbear said:

:lol:

It does. Or a lion that's just walked into an electric fence. :lol:

A lion doing the robot, Peter Crouch style. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Best Rangers one in my opinion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtsu0XLVTwTOwEtvSt95i

I always thought the RFC script one was quite clever.  That one looks like more Primary School art.

Actually, East Kilbride have got to be a contender for worst badge.  Horrible colours, pretentious Latin and something in the top right that's maybe an aerial view of a Morris dance.  All bashed together with Coreldraw v3.

150px-East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png

Edited by adamntg

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

What's the significance of 'a priori'? Seems a strange motto for a football club.

Although only founded in 2010 they claim they are based on an East Kilbride team playing out of the then village in 1871. Same idea as Rangers.

Clearly they just used used Google Translate rather than knowing how it would actually be used in practice.

Also, WTF has an oystercatcher to do with a football team from EK? :huh:

Symbol of St Bridget after whom East Kilbride (or more likely West Kilbride) is named, apparently.

Edited by adamntg

Always liked the Stranraer crest, but also always found the Dumbarton one somewhat fascinating with the elephant on it.

Never really had a dislike for any particular one, though always found Alloa with their NFL Team mascot style logo in recent years rather strange (IIRC was that not a behind the scenes crest they used for years, which only recently found its way onto the shirts?).

Never been a huge fan of the current Aberdeen crest, always loved the simplistic Goal with a ball in it with FC beside it, rather than the full out round badge (was great when they reintroduced it for a season a couple of years ago).

5 hours ago, silverbear said:

It does. Or a lion that's just walked into an electric fence. :lol:

:lol:   Electrifying!

2 hours ago, jailender said:

Also, WTF has an oystercatcher to do with a football team from EK? :huh:

Have you seen or heard the birds in EK :huh:

I like Falkirk's simplicity and Dunfermline, both instantly recognizable, if you know the towns.