Scottish Club Badges - Best & Worst - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Club Badges - Best & Worst

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Dumbarton's simply for the inclusion of an elephant. 

Not sure Rangers badge is up to much,  to be fair.  Bit dull so probably not the worst. That Montrose one is awful.  Is that really what they have on their shirts? ?

Celtics is boring like Rangers. Ross county's is just as bad as Montrose. 

Quite like the Clyde one though. And the slightly Germanic St Johnstone one is good too. 

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Hearts badge the best for me. 

That tattoo above, why the comma in 19,97?!? ?

And what looks like a little penis in the palm.

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I like Dumbarton's simply for the inclusion of an elephant. 

Not sure Rangers badge is up to much,  to be fair.  Bit dull so probably not the worst. That Montrose one is awful.  Is that really what they have on their shirts? ?

Celtics is boring like Rangers. Ross county's is just as bad as Montrose. 

Quite like the Clyde one though. And the slightly Germanic St Johnstone one is good too. 

You might not believe this RenfrewBlue but I am 100% in agreement with you on everything there :ok: :shocked:

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, stocky said:

anyone know the relevance of an Elephant?

Dumbarton has an elephant as its emblem and the story goes that it is because the rock is shaped like an elephant, which I had never believed. So I was pretty surprised to discover that it really does resemble an elephant when viewed from a particular part of the road near Langbank.

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

ok, cheers i didnt know that....   seems tenuous tho....    i will need to have  a wee look next time i drive by Langbank....

I was thinking about this the other day funnily enough, and the only angle I can see it at all is driving east from Greenock back to Glasgow.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I was thinking about this the other day funnily enough, and the only angle I can see it at all is driving east from Greenock back to Glasgow.

There's pictures online if you Google it.  Looks more like Snoopy lying down to me!!

Is Elephant and Castle in London a coincidence then?  In that there's a castle on top of Dumbarton's elephant and there used to be a pub on Dumbarton High st called Elephant and Castle (I think, or was that Nellies?  I'll need to ask the wife)

edit : just checked and Nellies and Elephant and Castle were one and the same place. 

Edited by adamntg

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

i like that montrose badge.

Don't lie.  

I like the Utd one from the eighties and early nineties.  After the DUFC and before it became a "logo", when it was just the lion in the shield. 

ICT have the worst badge - has got "merger" written all over it. 

Edited by adamntg

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Don't lie.  

I like the Utd one from the eighties and early nineties.  After the DUFC and before it became a "logo", when it was just the lion in the shield. 

ICT have the worst badge - has got "merger" written all over it. 

This one ? 

Related image

Couldn't find a big enough version of it on a tangerine background.