Man City v Celtic - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man City v Celtic

Serious question to the Celtic fans but how well did you think your team did? I've not seen any of the game other than the goals but heard the whole dead rubber, reserve team mince as the reason for the draw. 

Were Celtic better or worse than the previous Man city game? 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have won the game RB. We had more and better chances than them and probably could have had a penalty. Of course it was a dead rubber and they did make about 9 changes, still cost about £92m to put that team together though.

Others will have their own view but I am definitely encouraged by the progress since the nightmare in the Nou Camp

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, slasher said:

We should have won the game RB. We had more and better chances than them and probably could have had a penalty. Of course it was a dead rubber and they did make about 9 changes, still cost about £92m to put that team together though.

Others will have their own view but I am definitely encouraged by the progress since the nightmare in the Nou Camp

That's kind of what I was looking for. Obviously some folk will point to the Man city changes and claim reserve team or whatever but as you said it would still be a bloody expensive team. 

Think the next time I'll see Celtic play will be the OF game at New Year.  No offence but I hope you lot are hopeless on the day. ?

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's kind of what I was looking for. Obviously some folk will point to the Man city changes and claim reserve team or whatever but as you said it would still be a bloody expensive team. 

Think the next time I'll see Celtic play will be the OF game at New Year.  No offence but I hope you lot are hopeless on the day. ?

I'm enjoying going at the moment and looking forward to the game tomorrow night. We are bound to slip sometime I suppose....but not at Ibrox hopefully ?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'm enjoying going at the moment and looking forward to the game tomorrow night. We are bound to slip sometime I suppose....but not at Ibrox hopefully ?

Saw Accies at 28/1 for tomorrow night. That is unbelievable odds, I know it's for a reason, and Celtic have been pretty devastating at parkhead.

is a midweek game in front of 25,000 the game they could get complacent?

Thats non-league side at home in the cup type odds!

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Saw Accies at 28/1 for tomorrow night. That is unbelievable odds, I know it's for a reason, and Celtic have been pretty devastating at parkhead.

is a midweek game in front of 25,000 the game they could get complacent?

Thats non-league side at home in the cup type odds!

25,000?

:lol: 

23 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Serious question to the Celtic fans but how well did you think your team did? I've not seen any of the game other than the goals but heard the whole dead rubber, reserve team mince as the reason for the draw. 

Were Celtic better or worse than the previous Man city game? 

22 hours ago, slasher said:

I would have said that Celtic were better in the game at Parkhead than at the Etihad, as Slasher said, they probably should have won it though with the chance Griffiths pulled towards the end.