Man City v Celtic - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man City v Celtic

Just now, slasher said:

Just stating facts. I fail to see how Man City get off without sanction. That's not how strict liability works. The Celtic fans weren't fighting with themselves. The Muppets that had pyro deserve all they get however.

Perhaps they wouldn't have picked them up on that alone, but have included it with the other incidents.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Perhaps they wouldn't have picked them up on that alone, but have included it with the other incidents.

That's not how strict liability works though, you can't cherry pick.

You can't have a fight with yourself........... unless you're that guy Fermer!

26 minutes ago, slasher said:

That's not how strict liability works though, you can't cherry pick.

You can't have a fight with yourself........... unless you're that guy Fermer!

Have they not been charged with setting off fireworks, "illicit chanting" and the fighting?

My point is, perhaps any 1 of these alone might've gone unpunished and/or some added in to trump up the charge, friending how you look at it.

Perhaps city could be punished for not having adequate segregation or ticketing arrangements?

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Have they not been charged with setting off fireworks, "illicit chanting" and the fighting?

My point is, perhaps any 1 of these alone might've gone unpunished and/or some added in to trump up the charge, friending how you look at it.

Perhaps city could be punished for not having adequate segregation or ticketing arrangements?

There's no mention of chanting? Dunno where you've got that. The charge relates to crowd disorder and a firework.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

City should be charged for allowing away fans into home sections, however, I'm not sure what more they could have done.  I booked 10 Corporate seats & had to email City stating there were no Celtic fans in the group.

28 minutes ago, Big Col said:

are UEFA not threatening to fine Man City for their fans repeated boo-ing of the champions league anthem?

They didn't charge us, however, it has been mentioned in the match delegates report at least once.

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Celtic charged with helping City's ground look full?

Their support really is poor. Strange one as I always remember the 2 visits I made to Maine Road being very enjoyable atmosphere wise.

Surprisingly, City have the 4th highest average attendance in the Premier League with the ground being 98.5% full on average. Champions league & league cup games have been a different story - and the atmosphere has been sh!t at them all :ok:

In fact City's average attendance is only 1600 less than Celtics & considering Celtic Park has 5000 more seats than the Etihad, that means there are more empty seats at Parkhead :ok:

:lol:

Edited by Glasgowmancity

27 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Surprisingly, City have the 4th highest average attendance in the Premier League with the ground being 98.5% full on average. Champions league & league cup games have been a different story - and the atmosphere has been sh!t at them all :ok:

In fact City's average attendance is only 1600 less than Celtics & considering Celtic Park has 5000 more seats than the Etihad, that means there are more empty seats at Parkhead :ok:

Having watched many Man City games on TV there is no way it's ever 98.5% full! 

37 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Ahhhh. The old tactic of counting "attendance" as "seats sold", rather than the actual attendance. 

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic definitely don't do that.

this was about a 45,000 crowd :P

JS84361203.jpg

Aberdeen are one of the few clubs to actually publish the attendance of the match, not seats sold. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Ahhhh. The old tactic of counting "attendance" as "seats sold", rather than the actual attendance. 

I thought City actually did the attendance figures (I thought it came out a couple of years ago in a GMP freedom of information request) but could be completely wrong.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen are one of the few clubs to actually publish the attendance of the match, not seats sold. 

Hearts publish actual attendance - in fact I thought most clubs did this. Celtic are the most obvious ones that don't as the picture above shows only too well 

2 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Hearts publish actual attendance - in fact I thought most clubs did this. Celtic are the most obvious ones that don't as the picture above shows only too well 

To be fair, the picture was from a cup game for exaggeration purposes.

Motherwell do actual attendance, I'd imagine we'll have had attendances lower than the amount of season tickets issued.

3 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

In England, certainly for the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City who have been pretty much cever present in the Champions League, there is very little interest in the group stages of the Champions League.  That's a case of familiarity breeds contempt.

For those clubs, the "big European nights" that people get excited about and where it's next to impossible to get tickets are the quarters and semi-finals.

It's the League that is the most important competition, everything else - including the CL - comes second to that.