Man City v Celtic - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man City v Celtic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

Out of interest, are Celtic the club with the most UEFA charges for fan behaviour in recent years?.

Wouldn't surprise me but Dynamo Zagreb and Legia Warsaw must also be chapping on the door for that title. 

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Tenth time in five years.

Greatest fans in the world.

This is where Rangers fans should rightly be point scoring.

They have been impeccable in Europe over the same duration with not one UEFA sanction. 

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Great trip, decent game with a good result and performance. I've been to lots of soulless stadiums in my time full of thousands of fans who sit on their hands, but last night topped the lot. They really are the most pathetic and insipid set of fans I've ever come across, the joy of football has just been sucked out of them and it was clearly quite difficult for them to accept a big club had turned up and taken over their own stadium. As for the uefa case, we'll pay that fine with our loose change, doesn't concern me in the slightest.

I'm no expert on the quality of the City fans, but did it cross your mind that maybe they just struggled to give a $h1te about a dead rubber against the group whipping boys? Bigger fish to fry perhaps? Saving their voices for a proper game?

45 minutes ago, Marky said:

I'm no expert on the quality of the City fans, but did it cross your mind that maybe they just struggled to give a $h1te about a dead rubber against the group whipping boys? Bigger fish to fry perhaps? Saving their voices for a proper game?

Have to say I agree with him. I followed Newcastle for a season a few years back. Man City were a very good side, but both their home and away supports were crap. 

Their support harp on about Man Utd, and their fan Base, but from what I've seen, it's their own club that have lost a bit of identity and 'realness'. I don't grudge some of their longer suffering fans a bit of success, but it all seems a bit manufactured to me. 

Edited by Angus_Young

Man City like Chelsea are plastic football clubs now,  both bought as play things for some billionaires,  as Mox has said they struggle to accept when a bigger club comes to town, especially with one from north of the border.

As for trouble, throwing a burger at a horse, someone falling into a xmas tree and a couple of fireworks - is that really a big deal !!!

17 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Man City like Chelsea are plastic football clubs now,  both bought as play things for some billionaires,  as Mox has said they struggle to accept when a bigger club comes to town, especially with one from north of the border.

As for trouble, throwing a burger at a horse, someone falling into a xmas tree and a couple of fireworks - is that really a big deal !!!

Celtic wish they could be the plastic club City and Chelsea now are. 

Guest BlueGaz
11 hours ago, Big Col said:

tbf if you mention football, trouble and Manchester I think Rangers would enter most folks heads.

Start a thread then if you want to discuss it - easier for most to swerve then :ok:

28 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Apparently the UEFA match delegate was Crawford Wilson from Northern Ireland ?

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

If what they said about fireworks being set off on a train full of people trying to get home from work is true,then I would say that is kinda big deal. 

You may think it's just a bit of banter,others don't. 

Would you like your wife or child to have to sit through that?

11 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Have to say I agree with him. I followed Newcastle for a season a few years back. Man City were a very good side, but both their home and away supports were crap. 

Their support harp on about Man Utd, and their fan Base, but from what I've seen, it's their own club that have lost a bit of identity and 'realness'. I don't grudge some of their longer suffering fans a bit of success, but it all seems a bit manufactured to me. 

That surprises me tbf, I would always have said our away support were pretty decent - the home support you are 100% right about.  There's a fan group trying to change it but not really getting anywhere so far.

14 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Yes like I said, I don't claim any great knowledge of City fans (although in my one experience of them away to Bradford many years ago they were very good).

I was more just pointing out that I don't think they should be judged on the basis of not being up for that particular game.

3 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

That surprises me tbf, I would always have said our away support were pretty decent - the home support you are 100% right about.  There's a fan group trying to change it but not really getting anywhere so far.

Been to the last 3 Arsenal v City games at the Emirates, My seat is In block 18 which is right next to the away fans, and got to say that City fans are the quietest who visit during the season.

Which is really weird because in the days of Highbury (pre 2006) they were probably the most vocal.

Coincidence? 

15 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Citeh used to have a great following but it's diluted to fcuk now. 

Man Utd, especially on the road have a far more vocal and passionate support IMO.

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't see what that's got to do with anything. 

Just stating facts. I fail to see how Man City get off without sanction. That's not how strict liability works. The Celtic fans weren't fighting with themselves. The Muppets that had pyro deserve all they get however.