Man City v Celtic - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man City v Celtic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tram-passengers-left-terrified-after-12283543

Flares on a train and throwing a cheeseburger at a horse. 

One slightly more sinister than the other :lol: 

Few things on Twitter about fans arrested for pro Ira chanting,but I would take that as unconfirmed.

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tram-passengers-left-terrified-after-12283543

Few things on Twitter about fans arrested for pro Ira chanting,but I would take that as unconfirmed.

Was a bit of an IRAoke in the first half.

Suppose the fact it was so easy to get to wouldn't help the nugget count.

I was at the game. Didn't see any real trouble. There was a group of City casuals hanging round Piccadilly station (including a guy with a Scottish accent and a Rangers scarf) but they were moved on by the police. There were a few Celtic fans chucked out but most of them were left alone even after celebrating their goal.

There was a couple of minor scuffles at the 67th minute mark when a lot of the Celtic fans in the home end gave themselves away by holding their phones up. Given the number of lit phones, there could easily have been a couple of thousand Celtic fans in the home end. Seems like there was very little trouble all things considered.

Used to get the train from Charing Cross towards Airdrie.  Champions League nights when Celtic were involved were exactly like that.   IRA songs and seriously over the top rowdy situations (far worse than Scotland away).  Women and children on the train absolutely petrified.  

Only solution was to have a pint after work and wait until the game had started before heading home.

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Who throws burgers at horses?  That's seriously weird.  Horses are vegetarian FFS! 

Admittedly if the burger was as bad as the crap they sell at Ibrox that could be classed as assault with a deadly weapon. 

?

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Who throws burgers at horses?  That's seriously weird.  Horses are vegetarian FFS! 

Admittedly if the burger was as bad as the crap they sell at Ibrox that could be classed as assault with a deadly weapon. 

?

At least it wasn't paddy pakora they were throwing....

:P

Scott Brown seemed to attempt a wee sly stamp in the 1st half last night, didn't seem to get taken up by anyone in the commentary or analysis, but was along the same lines as his one on Neymar a couple of years ago.

I thought he got away with one there...

There was a bit of trouble at the cordon on the lower tier & a bit in the East Stand (the East Stand was around the 67th minute) but that was all I saw in the ground apart from the guy in front of me who never took kindly to me shouting "C'mon City get into these scumbags" - maybe not my best line, but certainly never thought it was worth the reaction from the guy in front :lol:

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol::lol: at the sportsound journalists

fawning over celtic for getting a draw in a dead rubber and 2nd string Man City. 

I'm surprised Rogers isn't getting more criticism for Celtic's awful European 'adventure' this season. 

Humiliated in Gibraltar, incredibly lucky to escape against the Israeli team, record defeat v Barcelona, no wins in the group, and no Europa League spot. 

And yet it's being talked about as a 'success'... :lol:

Great trip, decent game with a good result and performance. I've been to lots of soulless stadiums in my time full of thousands of fans who sit on their hands, but last night topped the lot. They really are the most pathetic and insipid set of fans I've ever come across, the joy of football has just been sucked out of them and it was clearly quite difficult for them to accept a big club had turned up and taken over their own stadium. As for the uefa case, we'll pay that fine with our loose change, doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Edited by Mox

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm surprised Rogers isn't getting more criticism for Celtic's awful European 'adventure' this season. 

Humiliated in Gibraltar, incredibly lucky to escape against the Israeli team, record defeat v Barcelona, no wins in the group, and no Europa League spot. 

And yet it's being talked about as a 'success'... :lol:

It was a success, we got two more points than we bargained for therefore it's success.

The 'success' was qualifying.

The game against Barca was an embarrassment but there has been steady progress since and the development of the players is obvious. Hopefully we'll do some good business in January that'll make the qualifiers less of a lottery next summer, cos let's face it the league was won before Halloween?