Glenlivet and best whisky - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glenlivet and best whisky

On 11/7/2018 at 5:29 PM, jailender said:

I agree. They'll go for gimmicky crap, and to hell with the taste

That won't make them anywhere near alone in the Scotch whisky industry unfortunately, although they'll of course try and lead you to believe that they'll be the "first" to do whatever it is they do.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I feel a bit of a traitor as i love Glenliver. But i do like highland park and tonight i am sharing a bottle of jura with one of my girlfriends. But 

Nothing wrong with mixing it up, my favourite changes from time to time, macallan,jura,glentlivet,dalmore now aberlour so much good eens out there

47 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Nothing wrong with mixing it up, my favourite changes from time to time, macallan,jura,glentlivet,dalmore now aberlour so much good eens out there

Jura is lovely mind.  West End Hotel for Burns Night. Andy Chung.  If you guys can make it.  Then make it. In my opinion Andy is the best.  Scotland Forever

No idea of how good it is but Aldi are selling a 30YO single malt for £50 at the moment.  Their fictional "Glen Marnoch" brand: https://www.aldi.co.uk/glen-marnoch-1988-single-malt/p/086767248318300

Also Master of Malt are selling the Glenfiddich Winter Storm for £150 just now, usually £200, nice dram - one of their experimental series finished in icewine casks.

9 hours ago, in5omniac said:

No idea of how good it is but Aldi are selling a 30YO single malt for £50 at the moment.  Their fictional "Glen Marnoch" brand: https://www.aldi.co.uk/glen-marnoch-1988-single-malt/p/086767248318300

Also Master of Malt are selling the Glenfiddich Winter Storm for £150 just now, usually £200, nice dram - one of their experimental series finished in icewine casks.

The 28yr old in 2016 was a Glenfarclas.  

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Is the current 30 YO likely to still be the same stuff? 

I think their 29 YO last year was £40. Could they all be the same whisky but just bottled in different years?

Apparently not.  Believe last years was Glen Moray.   But again it is all hearsay. 

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Be careful folks, if you are planning to splash the cash on rare whisky.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-46566703

I have Been buying up bottles from silent distillerys this past while such as imperial and glenugie, i would be gutted if i had bought fakes however i think they are the real thing 🤞

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Had a couple out the Jura Journey last night and had a bad feeling about it.  I have a feeling I should stick to the superstition.

It is well known that if you change your brand of whisky on xmas eve, your team will lose before Hogmanay.