First Cash Casualty - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Cash Casualty

TartanTon

Dear SFA, 

My young son has scrubbed out a Scotland kit from his Santa list.

Thats what happens when you allow festering to continue unabated. I made no attempt to change his mind and unbeknown to him I'm delighted that I don't have to give you a penny more of my hard earned cash (as a large child I spat the dummy out long ago on that front and you only get the SSC and match ticket money from me, and that's grudged, not even a pie or a programme do I purchase)

I doubt you will care much though as we don't really matter that much do we? As long as we pay that's all that important. 

This is a wee boy who's walls are adorned with Scotland stuff but who now thinks we are rubbish beyond belief, to the point of being embarrassing. (Are you even aware that kids in our playgrounds no longer dream of playing for Scotland one day?) A wee boy who also wanted to join the SSC junior section (sadly they never got back to me on that one a few months back, on reflection that's good because it saved me wasting more money)

His first game was v Lithuania and he was really disappointed with your much heralded Hampden match day experience and in his own words the atmosphere was 'rubbish' (how do you explain general apathy and acceptance of being crap to a wee boy?) and as for the team, well, thankfully my son doesn't swear but he did say eloquently we are 'garbage' (there's a theme running here)

as for our gaffer, he just shakes his head when I asked him about that aspect and I know how he feels on that one. Strachans thought process is obviously on a higher plane from us daft fans but changing manager while the same incumbents are cemented in place will solve nothing. 

All in all what's my point?

You, the SFA, are collectively putting off the next generation of fans who may well not be as loyal as the current ones who have suffered for years. Where will you be without the fans? Where will we be when kids decide the last thing they want to do is attend a Scotland game or wear a Scotland strip? Do we really need an empty Hampden before you take responsibility?

Most of the people listed on this page http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560 needs to look at themselves and ask are you really doing right by our game? For me there are clearly people in that list who are to the detriment of our game rather than enhancement. 

Mr Regan. You first. You need to resign from your position. Under your stewardship we have failed, you have failed. As a consequence you should be picking up your jotters. In any other business you would have left long ago, TBH, none of us really know how you got the role in the first place. 

Petrie, McCrae, McKinley, Topping, Doncaster, Fraser, Mulraney and Robertson  should all be taking a look in the mirror and ask themselves are they helping or hindering our game (I suspect though that many of them have that high an opinion of themselves they don't even know what humility means but I hold out some hope at least a couple of them will break ranks for the good of our game). The same people have been hanging about our game like a bad smell for long enough and have overseen the worst period in Scottish football history. Just when exactly are they going to accept any responsibility?

Time to completely revamp how our game is run and by whom. Now. 

*the above is my personal opinion and not one of hiding behind a forum name. I have written much the same to the SFA directly but they don't seem to accept criticism readily, that is clear to many of as they ignore anything you send direct so let's try a more public approach. 

Edited by TartanTon
Ma grammmur is rubbish

I feel your pain mate I really do - however I honestly believe our governing body does not give one f**k about the fans (sorry customers) 

the only way to get their attention is if a sizeable amount of fans decides enough is enough- I'm almost at that point (def not going to Slovenia game) and that is from someone who has started going to Scotland games in the 1970's

Sad really sad ?

16 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I feel your pain mate I really do - however I honestly believe our governing body does not give one f**k about the fans (sorry customers) 

the only way to get their attention is if a sizeable amount of fans decides enough is enough- I'm almost at that point (def not going to Slovenia game) and that is from someone who has started going to Scotland games in the 1970's

Sad really sad ?

Exactly how I feel. 

This chimes with me

I've two boys aged 5 & 6. Both play football, as well as other sports. They have an Irish mum and the euros was good in terms of having a team to cheer. I fear my dream of getting them into watching Scotland won't happen as the sport in this country goes from bad to worse. 

Similar story to us. My wee boy is 5. Fitba daft. No interested in anything else. Had him at Wembley last week for his first away game - fantastic day out for him (then the game started ?)

He's half Polish and I've made sure he follows them too and we had a great trip over to Marseille in the summer to watch Poland beat Ukraine. They're currently top of their group and looking good for Russia so that'll be another trip for us and as much as that'll be an amazing experience it'll no be as special as it would be if it was Scotland. Pisses me right off. 

For me, the match isn't the top draw anymore. Because we only play a few times a year, each match is a day out to catch up with folk. One of my mates semi-jokingly said "oh aye, there's a game tonight" when we arrived at Wembley but hard to argue with that concept. 

20 years and 6 managers without a tournament shows the culture within the SFA is the problem. A full clearout and restructure is needed if we are ever to be competitive again. We could well be coming out of Pot 4 for Euro 2020 at this stage. 

On 19 November 2016 at 2:58 PM, islayscot said:

This chimes with me

I've two boys aged 5 & 6. Both play football, as well as other sports. They have an Irish mum and the euros was good in terms of having a team to cheer. I fear my dream of getting them into watching Scotland won't happen as the sport in this country goes from bad to worse.

Another potential Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy so :)

6 hours ago, the_walls said:

Another potential Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy so :)

Aye, their Irish uncle has reminded me of that a few times! To be fair, I don't think either of McGeady or McCarthy's parents were Irish and it was a more tenuous grandparent link. 

It's funny, as young as they are, they both get the fact they have dual nationality

My wee boy came in on the Saturday after the Scotland game and asked me, "What was the score" I told him and he shrugged and said "are Scotland Rubbish then?" I said, " pretty much son."  He still, by choice put his Scotland training top on for his Saturday morning football. We live in England, I was almost hoping one of the parents or coaches would make a comment but none of them did. They are a good bunch.

2 things, 1st My wee boy cheered me up no end, he played really well  and It was nice to see someone in a Scotland top play well for a change. We have this saying about football, it's not about who lost ore won it's about having fun, that works for 5 and 6 year olds. (Wait for the comments from some on here as he's born in England! Watch the space for a Jimmy McCann in a Scotland squad) 2nd Most The English folk don't care about beating us. Were just another wee team to them.

PS We all now have Irish passports because of Brexit, Thanks to my Dad being Irish and his Mum is Welsh.....

Edited by kmcca5

On 19.11.2016 at 11:46 AM, TartanTon said:

Dear SFA, 

My young son has scrubbed out a Scotland kit from his Santa list.

Thats what happens when you allow festering to continue unabated. I made no attempt to change his mind and unbeknown to him I'm delighted that I don't have to give you a penny more of my hard earned cash (as a large child I spat the dummy out long ago on that front and you only get the SSC and match ticket money from me, and that's grudged, not even a pie or a programme do I purchase)

I doubt you will care much though as we don't really matter that much do we? As long as we pay that's all that important. 

This is a wee boy who's walls are adorned with Scotland stuff but who now thinks we are rubbish beyond belief, to the point of being embarrassing. (Are you even aware that kids in our playgrounds no longer dream of playing for Scotland one day?) A wee boy who also wanted to join the SSC junior section (sadly they never got back to me on that one a few months back, on reflection that's good because it saved me wasting more money)

His first game was v Lithuania and he was really disappointed with your much heralded Hampden match day experience and in his own words the atmosphere was 'rubbish' (how do you explain general apathy and acceptance of being crap to a wee boy?) and as for the team, well, thankfully my son doesn't swear but he did say eloquently we are 'garbage' (there's a theme running here)

as for our gaffer, he just shakes his head when I asked him about that aspect and I know how he feels on that one. Strachans thought process is obviously on a higher plane from us daft fans but changing manager while the same incumbents are cemented in place will solve nothing. 

All in all what's my point?

You, the SFA, are collectively putting off the next generation of fans who may well not be as loyal as the current ones who have suffered for years. Where will you be without the fans? Where will we be when kids decide the last thing they want to do is attend a Scotland game or wear a Scotland strip? Do we really need an empty Hampden before you take responsibility?

Most of the people listed on this page http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560 needs to look at themselves and ask are you really doing right by our game? For me there are clearly people in that list who are to the detriment of our game rather than enhancement. 

Mr Regan. You first. You need to resign from your position. Under your stewardship we have failed, you have failed. As a consequence you should be picking up your jotters. In any other business you would have left long ago, TBH, none of us really know how you got the role in the first place. 

Petrie, McCrae, McKinley, Topping, Doncaster, Fraser, Mulraney and Robertson  should all be taking a look in the mirror and ask themselves are they helping or hindering our game (I suspect though that many of them have that high an opinion of themselves they don't even know what humility means but I hold out some hope at least a couple of them will break ranks for the good of our game). The same people have been hanging about our game like a bad smell for long enough and have overseen the worst period in Scottish football history. Just when exactly are they going to accept any responsibility?

Time to completely revamp how our game is run and by whom. Now. 

*the above is my personal opinion and not one of hiding behind a forum name. I have written much the same to the SFA directly but they don't seem to accept criticism readily, that is clear to many of as they ignore anything you send direct so let's try a more public approach. 

Christ...that Post is an embarassement. we all know what you want to say but " wont somebody please think of the children?!" is one of the lowest levels of debating skills. absolutely deflects from your point(you may have).

2 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Christ...that Post is an embarassement. we all know what you want to say but " wont somebody please think of the children?!" is one of the lowest levels of debating skills. absolutely deflects from your point(you may have).

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Spot on, that really was an emmmbbbarrassssment.

Edited by Larky Masher

Scotland forever.

If you don't want to support them through the bad times, jog on.

We are all hurting been here before with berti, burley and that buffoon leveine. 

If WGS plays the same formation and tactics as Wembley the rest of the campaign we won't be far away from second. Only problem is we need to beat England at Wembley now after failure to beat lithuania at home.

Alba gu brath. 

5 minutes ago, Robroysboy said:

Scotland forever.

If you don't want to support them through the bad times, jog on.

We are all hurting been here before with berti, burley and that buffoon leveine. 

If WGS plays the same formation and tactics as Wembley the rest of the campaign we won't be far away from second. Only problem is we need to beat England at Wembley now after failure to beat lithuania at home.

Alba gu brath. 

:lol: Some fan, you dont even know who we have played, and where.