"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

2 hours ago, McDange said:

Same here - usually stay til the end at every game but this one was a particular sickener. We've shown we're a 3rd pot team heading to 4th. Changing managers over recent years has been ineffective so for me the change has to be at the top with the CEO, Board and full restructure required. Easier said than done I know but other nations have done it successfully. 

Likewise - first time in 45 years I have left before end. Very very sad indeed.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, best recent away support was at Germany just before the referendum. Could also argue it was our best away performance in recent times.

A few days later half the nation votes NO and we have, in football terms, been sliding backwards since then.

Sure its just a coincidence right enough.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That's the earliest I've left a Scotland game and tbh its the first time I've not been raging leaving, slightly disappointed we didn't win but at the same time I couldn't have cared less. I was over it by the time we got of the underground

Ditto

First time i have ever went to Wembley and had no expectations of doing anything at all.

I also left after the 3rd goal and primarily so i wouldn't need to listen to the ones who would back us if it was Malta 3-0 up. I was however raging but only for a very short time. (still went back to the digs as i was in no mood to 'drown the sorrows' as some like to call it)

In the wider context of replies on this thread the SFA seems to exist only to attempt to make money and seem to think they are a club and we are their fans to get money from any way possible. Long gone are the days of the STC, we are now just seen as cash cows and they have paid little attention in trying to reverse our fortunes..yes, they have put funds into grass roots but many involved in youth football state very clearly that this system is both abused and used by mainly people from certain walks of life to the exclusion of others. Thats the way Rugby works in much of Scotland and its a significant reason for Rugby's failure because they restrict their talent pool. If football is indeed going down this road, and i have no reason to doubt the ones telling me this as they give up their free time to take kids football, then instead of getting better we will if its at all possible get worse.

This is our money being squandered and the finger of blame can only be pointed in one direction for that.

As for the manager he has shown his stubbornness doesn't help but we can't blame him for 20 years of failure but he should have walked by now simply on the tactics he employs, which are utterly baffling most of the time. Other nations have shown us if you have proper organisation you can get results. These other nations really do mute any excuses Strachan can give. We were not unlucky, We got what we deserved.

We are yet again at a crossroads and thus far we have taken the wrong turn at these regular crossroads and it was alarming to hear that a London consultancy firm are apparently the ones who would be involved in finding a new gaffer of Strachan leaves. 

We need football people in charge of our game. Now

3 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Just dropped ATAC an email too, outlining some of the points raised here and for advice on a boycott.

ATAC couldn't rock a dinghy in a hurricane.

They're too busy cosying up to the SFA and enjoying their wee privileges to even consider being involved in a coup or dissentful behaviour.

They're part of the SFA establishment. Don't bother with them.

6 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

I agree, a boycott seems to be the only option left to get our point across.

Think an empty Hampden at the Slovenia or England (better option) match next year would get people talking.

Our ongoing negligence and continued failure out our NATIONAL sport has to be addressed, or else what is the point?

No more acceptance of failure and mediocrity can be accepted.

Our aim should not only be to qualify (lets do that first) for a major tournament, our ultimate aim should be to reach the latter stages and WIN, yes WIN a tournament.

That should be the aim at the very least.

No more 'poor wee us canna compete because we're too wee and too sh1te', lets aim for the very top.

Look at Uruguay, population of 3.4 million.....2 x World Cups and a record 15 x Copa Americas won. 

WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE.

If anyone reading this thinks I am being unrealistic or too ambitious, then I would say that YOU are part of the problem.

Winning a tournament should be the very least? Whats the very most? winning every tournament?  ;)

18 minutes ago, Rossy said:

ATAC couldn't rock a dinghy in a hurricane.

They're too busy cosying up to the SFA and enjoying their wee privileges to even consider being involved in a coup or dissentful behaviour.

They're part of the SFA establishment. Don't bother with them.

That's interesting because there's been numerous posts on here in the past saying that the ATAC and SFA weren't on talking terms anymore

edit: not that I'm doubting you. If we can't communicate through the ATAC then who do we go through? 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

I'm all for boycoting the Slovenia game and fully undertstand the reaction on here after Friday but thing for me is that the Slovenia game is over 4 months away. For me personally I'll sit back and see what happens over the next few days or weeks. A lot could change in that time but at the same time it may not and I expect the manager will change at least, who knows on Regan. Hopefully more of the media stop giving him an easy ride in the coming weeks as some have done already this week.

The manager will change before Christmas, of that I'm sure of. My stance on next years games is dependent on the replacment. If it was someone like Lagerback or Hidink, it would interest me and would impell me to give him and the team my support.

Some of the abusers on here can call me a happy clapper (for note I wasnt one of the ones shouting from the rooftops in Albuferia last year) or say I'm another with my head in the sand, dont really give a flying fkuc if you do or not. I know where I stand right now on it all and its sit back and see what happens. I'll be booking no flights or anything until January at least.

7 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

I agree, a boycott seems to be the only option left to get our point across.

Think an empty Hampden at the Slovenia or England (better option) match next year would get people talking

I'll bet you any money we'll sell out for England. I'm not going but all the shitebags will run to Regan with their £60 as soon as they come on sale. 

Slovenia will be a terrible crowd 20k or so. More to do with the date/time the fixture is though. 

Hardly missed a game since 2003 but won't be back until the setup and the attitude of the players changes. The captain of Scotland saying that the game against England wasn't a must win was the final straw for me?!?

Every F'ing game for as long as I can remember has been labelled as not a 'must win' by one failure or the other from within the camp.......our results clearly show where that shi*ebag attitude gets you and thats 5th in a p*ss poor group with only bloody Malta propping us up.  

If there was one thing you'd think you could count on a Scottish team to have it would be guts, but those days are long gone now  :-( 

Have missed 3 competitive home games in 32 years. I'm finished, done. Just can't take it any more. Wasted time, money and effort going to Slovakia and Wembley. Remember an older guy (probably the age I am now)saying as we sat disconsolate in the hotel after Wembley '96 "Get used to the disappointment lads that's following Scotland for you." Said he'd been to Germany, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Italy , Sweden and to get used to the kicks in the teeth. Little did any of us realise the real disappointment that was to develop over the next 20 years of largely abject failure. I'll probably find some spirit (or spirits!) left somewhere to continue to go to home games but at the moment just feel done.

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Correct, the point Id like to make is that this isn't just some money making business for Regan and Doncaster etc to give themselves an ego boost by boasting fantastic figures. If it was still Gordon Smith or any proper football men in charge then yes a mass walkout would possibly be an option.

Starve them of the only thing they know, money

5 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Any boycott should start with a refusal to renew to the SSC.

Also buying any new kit that will come on the market, the SFA know we are suckers when it comes to a new strip. If fans dont renew their memberships all fans and members of the public that buy the strip will be penalised with a price increase on strips to balance the loss of revenue. Adidas would no be too happy if strips were not selling they (Adidas) could actually force the sfa's hand, as 100s thousands of strips lying in a warehouse would cut revenue big time not only for the sfa also the sponsors too..

6 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

If you still think its worth your hard earned dosh & annual leave from work then you crack on :ok: 

I, like many others, have concluded that enough is enough and I would rather spend my cash elsewhere until the current regime changes

Fair enough. 

7 minutes ago, northernscum said:

No problem, Darryl.<_<

Now Broadfoot is a knob, but I'm not going to stay away from the fitba cos I don't like the PA guy. 

It's entertainment.  If you're not being entertained, don't go, but these grand declarations with no real objective are a little beyond me. 

3 hours ago, todd said:

Winning a tournament should be the very least? Whats the very most? winning every tournament?  ;)

Yes, winning a tournament should be the ultimate aim.

Think you misread it, I meant we should at least aim for the ultimate prize, as opposed to aiming for 2nd / 3rd place finishes before a ball has been kicked.

13 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It's entertainment.  If you're not being entertained, don't go, but these grand declarations with no real objective are a little beyond me. 

I think that's a good point.

I won't be going, because it's not enjoyable, it's over priced and I don't like the way the people that run the show are treating us, from pricing etc down to the patronising tone of our manager, who can't even be ####t to take a rare opportunity to watch our opponents.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think that's a good point.

I won't be going, because it's not enjoyable, it's over priced and I don't like the way the people that run the show are treating us, from pricing etc down to the patronising tone of our manager, who can't even be ####t to take a rare opportunity to watch our opponents.

Wait - what's that last point?  Strachan had the chance to watch the opposition and didn't?  What's the story there?

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Wait - what's that last point?  Strachan had the chance to watch the opposition and didn't?  What's the story there?

He was away to the Algarve for a golfing break straight after the England game. Meanwhile, Slovakia were playing a friendly in Austria, which you would think would be of some sort of interest to him to see personally rather than send Pressley or the likes. 

Or are we expecting too much?:blink:

1 minute ago, northernscum said:

He was away to the Algarve for a golfing break straight after the England game. Meanwhile, Slovakia were playing a friendly in Austria, which you would think would be of some sort of interest to him to see personally rather than send Pressley or the likes. 

Or are we expecting too much?:blink:

Meh, we just played them last month.  He probably saw them then.  

But if you're looking for problems then you would probably pick up on it.