"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

We all need to give ourselves a shake and consider if we should be as committed to the national team as we are/have been recently.

We need to scrap this "Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" idea we have and stop throwing our money at the SFA and getting nothing back.

Get this boycott of the Slovenia game up and running and see what reaction it gets from the SFA - if panic sets in we will know it hasn't been a waste of time and MAYBE things might improve.

If they don't care in the slightest and carry on as normal (happy because they have our membership & season ticket money) we will be able to confirm what we already knew and move on with our lives and spend our hard earned cash elsewhere.

I simply refuse to spend my money watching the national team any more knowing its paying for the blazers to have a jolly at every away game and Strachans trips Portugal instead of scouting our next opponents

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

We all need to give ourselves a shake and consider if we should be as committed to the national team as we are/have been recently.

We need to scrap this "Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" idea we have and stop throwing our money at the SFA and getting nothing back.

Get this boycott of the Slovenia game up and running and see what reaction it gets from the SFA - if panic sets in we will know it hasn't been a waste of time and MAYBE things might improve.

If they don't care in the slightest and carry on as normal (happy because they have our membership & season ticket money) we will be able to confirm what we already knew and move on with our lives and spend our hard earned cash elsewhere.

I simply refuse to spend my money watching the national team any more knowing its paying for the blazers to have a jolly at every away game and Strachans trips Portugal instead of scouting our next opponents

I'm in

I think a lot of people will have packed it in now anyway.

We shouldn't get away from the fact that we're there to support the team, but the praise that Strachan was given after the Gibraltar game was unwarranted and ridiculous, and was responsible in part for keeping him there and allowing him to fail again.

Contrast that with the abuse given to Burley and the SFA at Cardiff 6 years ago.....something which forced the SFA's hand.

Whats the goals of the protest?

1-  Sack the manager (and if so who do we want to bring in)?

2 - Sack the whole Board (and replace with who)?

3 - Sack Regan ( and replace with who)?

4- change the whole structure (and if so what structure should we go to in terms of youth development, corporate structure etc and who leads that restructure)

5- Sack the players?

6 - Demand more investment into youth football (and if so where does the cash come from)

7 - Change ticket prices (and to what level and if theres a shortfall in running costs how do we cover it)

BTW I am not saying the fans shouldn't be doing something proactive to try and make change but I think if we are doing collective protests we should have some sort of end goal in mind othewise its just a pointless excercise that will fizzle out after folk have given the SFA a kick in.

Personally as a starter I would like to see full transparency of the SFA's accounts including detailed expenses and a list of people and their roles for joining the contingent for away games.

I would also like to see a detailed account of the amount of facilities in each region of Scotland how how they are readily available to youngsters.

Also go back to the old style membership for about 20 quid and stick your goody back nonsense, £20 from 30k members should surely be enough to cover cocst for adminstering tickets

You know what? Friday was the first time I have ever walked out on a Scotland game before the final whistle, couldn't handle it after the 3rd went in.

So the next obvious step for me is to bin the Slovenia game. :( Thankfully I didn't get a season ticket this time round, so they have not got my cash in any case. Gutted that it has to come to this because I make a point of going to every home Scotland game, competitive or friendly, but we have to try SOMETHING.

Cutting off the SFA revenue stream for a wee while is literally the ONLY thing that has a possibility of getting them to sit up and take notice, if folk are not prepared to take a stand, then don't bother moaning when the shite carries on...and on.....and on.

So in summary, I'm in too.:(

I'm done with it all for the forseeable future at least. Strachan and the SFA are ripping the piss. We've been utterly shambolic for 18 months now and no one within the SFA has even had the good grace to say "things are not good enough and here's how we'll improve it". 

Strachan is content to do a half-arsed job, not correct the consistent failings we have as a team and being a whank to any reporter who questions him. He can GTF. 

I'll not be back until we have a change in manager and a change in attitude from within the SFA. 

3 minutes ago, fifes elite said:

Whats the goals of the protest?

1-  Sack the manager (and if so who do we want to bring in)?

2 - Sack the whole Board (and replace with who)?

3 - Sack Regan ( and replace with who)?

4- change the whole structure (and if so what structure should we go to in terms of youth development, corporate structure etc and who leads that restructure)

5- Sack the players?

6 - Demand more investment into youth football (and if so where does the cash come from)

7 - Change ticket prices (and to what level and if theres a shortfall in running costs how do we cover it)

BTW I am not saying the fans shouldn't be doing something proactive to try and make change but I think if we are doing collective protests we should have some sort of end goal in mind othewise its just a pointless excercise that will fizzle out after folk have given the SFA a kick in.

Personally as a starter I would like to see full transparency of the SFA's accounts including detailed expenses and a list of people and their roles for joining the contingent for away games.

I would also like to see a detailed account of the amount of facilities in each region of Scotland how how they are readily available to youngsters.

Also go back to the old style membership for about 20 quid and stick your goody back nonsense, £20 from 30k members should surely be enough to cover cocst for adminstering tickets

I think the manager, board, Raegan & Doncaster have to go, I would start there.

In terms of replacing them we all have different ideas. I would love to see guys like Kenny Dalglish, Sir Alex Ferguson, Graeme Sounness etc. get involved any some capacity but I don't think any of them would be interested and you can't really blame them...

I'm not going either.

However, i'm not sure what we're trying to achieve.  What are our demands?

Better value ticket prices?

What more do we want, what's the plan?  Just being annoyed we're pish doesn't solve anything.

The fans have hardly sung in any of the games i've been at.  Literally the loudest song i've heard was about Saville.  We're garbage as well.  I'm boycotting the TA as much as the SFA.

just seen FifesElite post.  Makes the point.  There needs to be clear goals.

2 minutes ago, northernscum said:

You know what? Friday was the first time I have ever walked out on a Scotland game before the final whistle, couldn't handle it after the 3rd went in.

Same here - usually stay til the end at every game but this one was a particular sickener. We've shown we're a 3rd pot team heading to 4th. Changing managers over recent years has been ineffective so for me the change has to be at the top with the CEO, Board and full restructure required. Easier said than done I know but other nations have done it successfully. 

1 minute ago, McDange said:

We've shown we're a 3rd pot team heading to 4th. 

Our recent performances and results (including a home draw to a pot 5 team) suggest we're heading lower than 4th pot. 

I agree, a boycott seems to be the only option left to get our point across.

Think an empty Hampden at the Slovenia or England (better option) match next year would get people talking.

Our ongoing negligence and continued failure out our NATIONAL sport has to be addressed, or else what is the point?

No more acceptance of failure and mediocrity can be accepted.

Our aim should not only be to qualify (lets do that first) for a major tournament, our ultimate aim should be to reach the latter stages and WIN, yes WIN a tournament.

That should be the aim at the very least.

No more 'poor wee us canna compete because we're too wee and too sh1te', lets aim for the very top.

Look at Uruguay, population of 3.4 million.....2 x World Cups and a record 15 x Copa Americas won. 

WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE.

If anyone reading this thinks I am being unrealistic or too ambitious, then I would say that YOU are part of the problem.

If the goal is to "sack the board" then yes tbh. Otherwise the counter argument will be you dont have in depth knowledge therefore your opinion and protest should be taken with a pinch of salt

Generally its called  research and talking to people in the industry and looking at what other adminstrations do. If you want to make real change then all od these things need to be considered and decided upon.

If its not decided upon then all that will happen is the current board picking their own succesors and on it goes again

Edited by fifes elite

This is a turning point.  You can tell the support really has had the last straw.  Think we're onto a downer for a good few years unless something changes.  

We'll be looking at sub 20k at most of our games for the next 3 years or so.  The fun has gone out of it.

Edited to add of around 12 lads that go I think 2 renewed.  It'll be those 2 who might go to get their SSC value, the rest aren't going.  These are regulars from the Berti era.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

17 minutes ago, northernscum said:

That's the earliest I've left a Scotland game and tbh its the first time I've not been raging leaving, slightly disappointed we didn't win but at the same time I couldn't have cared less. I was over it by the time we got of the underground

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, fifes elite said:

If the goal is to "sack the board" then yes tbh. Otherwise the counter argument will be you dont have in depth knowledge therefore your opinion and protest should be taken with a pinch of salt

Generally its called  research and talking to people in the industry and looking at what other adminstrations do. If you want to make real change then all od these things need to be considered and decided upon.

If its not decided upon then all that will happen is the current board picking their own succesors and on it goes again

Your average fan isn't going to be asked for their opinion on who'd do a better job and who they'd pick as successor...

All we can do is not pay and not turn up until the SFA decide enough is enough and that they have to change. 

There is no argument for Doncaster or Regan anymore. Regan was a failure before he came here, you just need to look at his record with Yorkshire cricket. Who ever appointed this fool should go to. Regan should have gone after his armmageddon prediction but his lat

To suggest we keep them because we can't think of anyone better is pure lunacy, be as well locking the doors now. 

Regarding a boycott, I'm in. No way I am going back to Hampden to watch another Strachan team. 

Most fans want the same thing although we will all have different types of ideas and levels of knowledge about how to replace them and who to replace them with etc.

The fact is our best chance of getting a reaction from the SFA is buy staying away in large numbers and forcing them to change things.

Maybe ATAC could assist with the finer details us "average" fans don't know enough about. If their mindset followed ours maybe they could lead the boycott...(I have read on here the SFA aren't paying much attention to them these days?) 

But what change though??? Its alright saying "give us change" but what does that actually mean. Its just a word without substance or basis. What is the actual goal of the protest?

I'm not disagreeing the average fan doesnt really know the ins and outs of everything the sfa however there are people out there that do who are Scotland fans. It needs to be co-ordinated properly by people involved in the industry.

Maybe stopping the sfa's money would help the SFA look at all the topics I mentioned so its a starting point, but saying "give us change" literally means nothing. If you tell someone you are protesting to "we want change" and they reply with "change what" and the repsonse is "dunno just change" then whats the point.

Also how do you expect people to join in when they dont even know what they are protesting about or campaigning for?

Edited by fifes elite

3 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

Most fans want the same thing although we will all have different types of ideas and levels of knowledge about how to replace them and who to replace them with etc.

The fact is our best chance of getting a reaction from the SFA is buy staying away in large numbers and forcing them to change things.

Maybe ATAC could assist with the finer details us "average" fans don't know enough about. If their mindset followed ours maybe they could lead the boycott...(I have read on here the SFA aren't paying much attention to them these days?) 

Agree with that tbh