"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

I'll bet you any money we'll sell out for England. I'm not going but all the shitebags will run to Regan with their £60 as soon as they come on sale. 

Slovenia will be a terrible crowd 20k or so. More to do with the date/time the fixture is though. 

That's a given. 

It's the type of game that if the members don't sell it out,it'll go into sale to people with previous purchase history,then to a public sale. 

It will 100% sell out,and the sfa know this damned well,it's a no lose situation for them. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Send it back to the ssc,detailing exactly why you don't want it anymore. 

I was originally going to send the tix back asking for them to be given to school children but like DoonTheSlope says, it defeats the purpose as that still puts bums on seats and I now feel fairly strongly about boycotting the game. 

I could deface them I suppose and send them back but that is borderline mental and will make me look more ridiculous than them. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was originally going to send the tix back asking for them to be given to school children but like DoonTheSlope says, it defeats the purpose as that still puts bums on seats and I now feel fairly strongly about boycotting the game. 

I could deface them I suppose and send them back but that is borderline mental and will make me look more ridiculous than them. 

:lol:

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but, to play devils advocate, if we had an SFA full of "football people" we would probably accuse them of being an old boys club...

You probably want a good balance of both football people and business folk.

Unfortunately our mix seems to be "business people" with a bowling club mentality.

Heard this expression for the last forty years and never really understood what makes you a football person, was anything from the guy who sat at the same spot in the local every night but read the daily ranger sports page, never went to games but was the football expert, or the coach of the local team who was the next Fergie.based on the fact his dad played a few years earlier for the same team and was usually part of some clique that were the bastion of football knowledge in the local town.

Always felt this is part of the reason we will never improve as a football nation, as we have all these so called football people who are experts in their own eyes, and are not open to change like other nations, as we are a so called football nation, bit like listening to radio scotland on a saturday with all the egos and opinions of failed managers scared to rock the boat.

Bought the ticket so will still attend, boycotts don't help the players (everyone to their own and all that), a constant vocal barrage at Regan for the whole game would be a start for me, as it's him and his crew at the SFA that are the problem not the players.

3 minutes ago, Malfaetheburgh said:

Bought the ticket so will still attend, boycotts don't help the players (everyone to their own and all that), a constant vocal barrage at Regan for the whole game would be a start for me, as it's him and his crew at the SFA that are the problem not the players.

I'm of a similar view. Will probably attend a couple of the home games as I've just started taking my wee boy - Lithuania was his first and he loved it but probably less to do with the actual game and more to do with the whole adventure of flying up, being out and about in Glasgow in the afternoon then staying in he hotel at night just he two of us.  Although it's a fair hike from South Wales it's worth it to see his enjoyment. I'm not letting the SFA's incompetence rob him of that.

Personally I would much sooner see a packed Hampden and 52,000 of us singing 90 minutes of abuse at Reagan, Doncaster and the rest of the cabal. That would be extremely awkward and embarrassing for them in front of their counterparts.

Here we are again, 18 years of failure & we are faced with self analysis, berating the SFA, possible boycotts, sack the manager & guess what, we may just be facing the same dilema in 2 years. I feel that we are not only facing terminal decline, we are well down the slope. The weekend before Wembley in an attempt to gee myself up I u-tubed old England victories, not once did I convince myself we could win, we did in fact not win. 

The damage was done a few weeks ago & years ago. 

if Strachan stays then we back him, if he goes then he has done his best & as to all past managers I thank him. If he stays he should explain the failure of the last 2 years to us the fans & to his employers. We then Move on.

Please note in my piece in the paper I 'suggested ' that Regan should go, I have no idea what he really does for Scottish football, I am in no position to judge. I however will be supporting Scotland forever & he will move onto another job. He deserves eternal damnation for a pricing policy that deliberatley drives fans away from Hampden, surely it is our pitiful display that ensures empty seats. Plus, no Scotland on cooncil TV unless we are playing England. Criminal. 

Hamish

2 minutes ago, tartanhamish said:

Here we are again, 18 years of failure & we are faced with self analysis, berating the SFA, possible boycotts, sack the manager & guess what, we may just be facing the same dilema in 2 years. I feel that we are not only facing terminal decline, we are well DoonTheSlope. The weekend before Wembley in an attempt to gee myself up I u-tubed old England victories, not once did I convince myself we could win, we did in fact not win. 

if Strachan stays then we back him, if he goes then he has done his best & as to all past managers I thank him. If he stays he should explain the failure of the last 2 years to us the fans & to his employers. We then Move on.

Please note in my piece in the paper I 'suggested ' that Regan should go, I have no idea what he really does for Scottish football, I am in no position to judge. I however will be supporting Scotland forever & he will move onto another job. He deserves eternal damnation for a pricing policy that deliberatley drives fans away from Hampden, surely it is our pitiful display that ensures empty seats. Plus, no Scotland on cooncil TV unless we are playing England. Criminal. 

Hamish

FTFY

3 minutes ago, tartanhamish said:

Here we are again, 18 years of failure & we are faced with self analysis, berating the SFA, possible boycotts, sack the manager & guess what, we may just be facing the same dilema in 2 years. I feel that we are not only facing terminal decline, we are well down the slope. The weekend before Wembley in an attempt to gee myself up I u-tubed old England victories, not once did I convince myself we could win, we did in fact not win. 

Hamish

As much as I enjoy bashing Regan and the SFA, the TV deals are through UEFA or FIFA. It is STV or BBC who aren't willing to pay the going rate

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

That's a given. 

It's the type of game that if the members don't sell it out,it'll go into sale to people with previous purchase history,then to a public sale. 

It will 100% sell out,and the sfa know this damned well,it's a no lose situation for them. 

Don't be so sure.  Remember  that the last home match against them was probably the first time in living memory that the game didn't sell out. We can thank the SFA ticket pricing policy for that. £60 for a friendly a few days before what was then a critical qualifier? no thanks - I watched it in the pub.

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As much as I enjoy bashing Regan and the SFA, the TV deals are through UEFA or FIFA. It is STV or BBC who aren't willing to pay the going rate

The TV deals are arranged by the home nation as they hold the rights. I'm led to believe that the SFA are in bed with bskyb for the next few years so that won't change anytime soon.

I'd like to see some out the box thinking such as showing matches in cinemas or big screens at fitba grounds so that kids can watch. presently they need to have bskyb in their house or go to a pub which isn't ideal. or they could illegally stream it.

49 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm with Dave. 

It goes without saying that all Scotland games matter to us all.

However, surely at some point you actually want to follow a winning team and witness some success?

If it's just a carry on and a few pints and laughs you're after, you can do that any weekend.

The fans have got the team they deserve.

The Tartan Army has became a drinking club. People aged +40. Disposable income. Chance to dress up and act daft. The self congratulations and insular patting on the back peaked after Gibralter with 10k+ holiday makers cheering failure and wallowing in decades of lowered standards.

Look at the threads on here. Football in minority with the rest talking about pubs, "who did you meet?" and pre and post match "perty".

I'm amazed how many people on here do not attend club games, do not support Scottish football minus their Scotland "stag do" trips, some only go to away games instead of Hampden. Even when ATAC meet with the SFA it was about quality of pies and stewards shepherding drunks to their seats instead of indoor facilities, youths, culture of the game.

When you look around and realise everyone is dressed the same, singing the same songs for 2 decades and many with limited knowledge of the players who watch all their football via Super Sunday on Sky Sports you know it needs refreshed. Sack the SFA? Sack the Tartan Army.

10 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

The TV deals are arranged by the home nation as they hold the rights. I'm led to believe that the SFA are in bed with bskyb for the next few years so that won't change anytime soon.

I'd like to see some out the box thinking such as showing matches in cinemas or big screens at fitba grounds so that kids can watch. presently they need to have bskyb in their house or go to a pub which isn't ideal. or they could illegally stream it.

Wrong. TV deals are coordinated by UEFA, regional packages are tendered out to the highest bidder. 

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That's a given. 

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to pay over the odds to see England play us in a dead rubber fixture anyway. These fans who cream themselves at the SFAs sh!te marketing and throw money at failure are a big a part of the problem as anyone. 

36 minutes ago, Alan said:

The Tartan Army has became a drinking club. People aged +40. Disposable income. Chance to dress up and act daft. The self congratulations and insular patting on the back peaked after Gibralter with 10k+ holiday makers cheering failure and wallowing in decades of lowered standards.

Look at the threads on here. Football in minority with the rest talking about pubs, "who did you meet?" and pre and post match "perty".

I'm amazed how many people on here do not attend club games, do not support Scottish football minus their Scotland "stag do" trips, some only go to away games instead of Hampden. Even when ATAC meet with the SFA it was about quality of pies and stewards shepherding drunks to their seats instead of indoor facilities, youths, culture of the game.

When you look around and realise everyone is dressed the same, singing the same songs for 2 decades and many with limited knowledge of the players who watch all their football via Super Sunday on Sky Sports you know it needs refreshed. Sack the SFA? Sack the Tartan Army.

I can't believe i;m going to say this, but i agree with much of what Alan is saying.

39 minutes ago, Alan said:

That's the best post i've ever seen on here. Top stuff, Alan :ok: 

8 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Quite a message to put on a Tartan Army Message Board.

Why do all the bawfoons wait until I'm on roster to post their attention-seeking bawfoonery?

Truth hurts i suppose eh? Nothing wrong with what Alan has said, the support are as much to blame as anyone. Too many simply don't care and treat it as a trip away from the wife. Atmosphere was dead at wembley before a ball was even kicked. Gave up trying to start songs. 

We're happy enough to leap self praise on ourselves but in reality we're a poor support in everything but number.

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Truth hurts i suppose eh? Nothing wrong with what Alan has said, the support are as much to blame as anyone. Too many simply don't care and treat it as a trip away from the wife. Atmosphere was dead at wembley before a ball was even kicked. Gave up trying to start songs. 

We're happy enough to leap self praise on ourselves but in reality we're a poor support in everything but number.

Nothing to do with truth hurting.

Taken in isolation there may be some merit in the post. But Alan's a troll - and he's been at it for a long time.