The Scottish Sunday Mail - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Sunday Mail

bigfathagiz

21 hours ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

These guys deserve a slagging and firm talking to by their mates. Not nationally ridiculed with massive lifetime issues ( job loss etc )

To be honest if you are willing to flash your dick at 1000s of people safe in the knowledge there will be tons of photgraphers/tv crews there then you deserve all get.

I'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

To be honest if you are willing to flash your dick at 1000s of people safe in the knowledge there will be tons of photgraphers/tv crews there then you deserve all get.

Yep. As others have said, it'll hopefully act as a wake up call to certain parts of the support. Not been to an away game in a while now but even what I did go to away games, the brilliant behaviour of the majority was close to being spoiled by a minority who think it's funny to leather balls about a town square, pi$h in the street or flash their tadger at locals. Would anyone find it funny if an Englishman dropped his drawers and joined in. It would probably be funny, but not in a good way and he'd be lucky to not end up on a register. And yet somehow, wearing a kilt seems to make some people think they have a free pass to do as they like. We losing our ability or willingness to self-police?

Either way, I dont see some bad press as a bad thing. Worst thing we could do is get complacent.

56 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

a minority who think it's funny to leather balls about a town square

Just don't get this at all. Someone is going to be seriously hurt. A few years back in Amsterdam my mate's wife put a bottle to her mouth and was just about to drink when a ball bounced off the ground and up into the bottle, smashing her teeth.

1 minute ago, Stapes said:

Just don't get this at all. Someone is going to be seriously hurt. A few years back in Amsterdam my mate's wife put a bottle to her mouth and was just about to drink when a ball bounced off the ground and up into the bottle, smashing her teeth.

Yep. Totally idiotic behaviour. It's sole "humour" value is when it smacks some poor unsuspecting punter, potentially doing a lot of damage. I don't really see how that's funny or banter. 

43 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Yep. Totally idiotic behaviour. It's sole "humour" value is when it smacks some poor unsuspecting punter, potentially doing a lot of damage. I don't really see how that's funny or banter. 

In Belgium back in 2001 a ball was getting kicked round the Grand Place and bounced right in front of us. One of the TA went to leather it back up in the air but unfortunately Iwelumoed it and whacked it square off the dish of some poor local who was on his mobile.  The guy didn't bat an eyelid, just kept talking and shook the hand of apology that was offered to him!  Must've took him ages to get the Mitre mark off his pus later!  :lol: