Boycott - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott

dandydunn

7 hours ago, ShedTA said:

turn the corner?  did you watch the last 3 games?

Yes I was at all 3.So there is no corner to turn IYO.  I may be completely wrong but I am trying to have faith. There was long spells in the England game that has gave me some hope.

Edited by Doric

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Doric said:

Yes I was at all 3.So there is no corner to turn IYO.  I may be completely wrong but I am trying to have faith. There was long spells in the England game that has gave me some hope.

Fair enough and you are entitled to. But I don't.

21 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Fair enough and you are entitled to. But I don't.

At the end of the day it will split the TA but lets hope we don't fall out and we respect each others views. I can fully understand why folk are wanting Strachan to go as his record is hard to defend but I see signs that things could turn soon, A win over Slovenia which I believe we will get could change things completely.

Edited by Doric

21 hours ago, Doric said:

At the end of the day it will split the TA but lets hope we don't fall out and we respect each others views. I can fully understand why folk are wanting Strachan to go as his record is hard to defend but I see signs that things could turn soon, A win over Slovenia which I believe we will get could change things completely.

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

hqdefault.jpg

Well. Why don't those who have or are buying a ticket make a din against the SFA while those who boycott it will have their point made by the empty seat they would have filled.

they will be hoping the anger wanes before then but if people want change we somehow need to force the removal of those in charge. 

They are nothing without us. An entrenched group of aloof suits. 

Wel  support you ever more.. Except if we dinna agree we the manager, the price o tickets the quee for the pies, the huge pheasant feather I canna get me head to look around, the  ticket pick ups, the singing, the standiing in the stadium, the stadium itself, any other feckin moaning thing we can think o..... Feck sake yer either a supporter or yer not 

no feckin boycott .. Wise up

11 hours ago, stevea said:

Wel  support you ever more.. Except if we dinna agree we the manager, the price o tickets the quee for the pies, the huge pheasant feather I canna get me head to look around, the  ticket pick ups, the singing, the standiing in the stadium, the stadium itself, any other feckin moaning thing we can think o..... Feck sake yer either a supporter or yer not 

Or if we have had near 20 years of s*** and are scunnered by it all. You do realise you can be a supporter and be unhappy with what's happening and have the right to voice disgust or refuse to finance it. 

Just accepting it doesn't make anyone a better supporter than the next fan.

1 hour ago, TartanTon said:

Or if we have had near 20 years of s*** and are scunnered by it all. You do realise you can be a supporter and be unhappy with what's happening and have the right to voice disgust or refuse to finance it. 

Just accepting it doesn't make anyone a better supporter than the next fan.

exactly right,sfa have banked on our ridiculous loyalty for too long,no other country would accept our decline in football

15 hours ago, stevea said:

Aye that sums it all up nicely laddie.

l'm backing Gord tae the hilt.

7 hours ago, ULSTERSCOTAS said:

Well said. Be brilliant if he succeeds should be plenty back tracking on here. 

On 18/11/2016 at 11:50 PM, stevea said:

8 hours ago, ULSTERSCOTAS said:

49 minutes ago, Doric said:

Coincidentally - yesterday was the 38th anniversary of Jonestown ....

10 hours ago, Doric said:

Is that what it's about now? Waiting on success to see the detractors eat their words?

i backed Strachan and thought he was the man until I couldn't get my head around selections and our abject failure. If he gets us to the play offs now I'll be the first to applaud but personally I won't boycott because either the manager or team are s***, if that was the case I'd have chucked it long ago.

nah, I like many want change, and for me that starts at the very top and I'll not fund their shambolic stewardship of our game. 

Each to their own, if Strachan fails I'll not be expecting the backers to backtrack nor would I be saying told you so as it my belief the problems run much deeper than one man. 

If he fails we all feel it. I don't know a single fan who wants failure, I expect you to be the same.

36 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

If he fails we all feel it. I don't know a single fan who wants failure, I expect you to be the same.

There is a rub to that though

Without complete failure and humiliation there will be no change within the SFA

Maybe the kilts should be ditched and everyone goes dressed as a nun. We could have a big sing off between those in favour of Strachan and those not . Those in favour could sing this 

Should get quite lively at the fast bit. 

And for everyone else, and in keeping with the godly aspect :

40, 000 nuns would certainy draw some attention ...........

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is a rub to that though

Without complete failure and humiliation there will be no change within the SFA

Ok, I see that point but I could never consciously want us gubbed even if it hastened change. If we somehow got to the playoffs I'd be swinging from the rafters but equally I'm aware the problems in our game are much deeper than that.  

I'll stay away from the game as my decision on that is made but I won't be sitting at home wishing defeat. 

We can still force change at the SFA if we demand it but apathy applies for large swathes of fans now.  The whimper of Hampden v Lithuania proved that.

Acceptance we are gash prevails I'm afraid. 

What a quandary we find ourselves in. 

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Maybe the kilts should be ditched and everyone goes dressed as a nun. We could have a big sing off between those in favour of Strachan and those not . Those in favour could sing this 

Should get quite lively at the fast bit. 

And for everyone else, and in keeping with the godly aspect :

40, 000 nuns would certainy draw some attention ...........

40,000 Morrisey fans would be mass suicide. 

8 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

40,000 Morrisey fans would be mass suicide. 

If that is what it takes.....

On a more sensible note, I very much agree with your posts on the subject. I too will be boycotting this game, I have stood by the team home and away for more years than I can remember but I feel some statement now has to be made. I get no pleasure from this at all, quite the opposite.