Bye Bye Strachan! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye Bye Strachan!

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I think he'll stay and keep on harping on about 'great performance we can build on', blah blah blah

Scary enough when play badly let alone play well and get beat 3-0.

No coaching or idenity to that Scotland team at all.

What are we? A team that wants to keep the ball? A physical team? A defensive team on break?

Strachan has no idea what his best team is or how they should play.

8 minutes ago, JECK said:

What's even worse to come is the SFA don't  have a clue who to replace him with and once they settle on the replacement you cannot trust they will be the right person

I fear that scenario too. I think they should go on their hands and knees to Walter Smith or Alex Mcleish to come back as Interim Manager at least.

19 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Aye because we are shite and as bad as Lithuania.

This idea that some tried to put forward as Lithuania being a decent side was complete bollocks.

That result has come back to haunt us already.  If we'd won that we'd still be in with a fighting chance.  I think we've blown it already.

Surely he will walk. If not then he should obviously be punted.

Wouldnt put it past Regan to put out a statement tomorrow claiming he was doing a good job and changing the manager wouldn't work, i.e. putting it on the players.

Completely ignoring the massive f*ck ups against Lithuania and Slovakia.

We should have been going into that game tonight with 7 points knowing that a defeat wouldn't make much difference for getting second place instead of scrapping it out with Malta at the bottom 

Well, as i said on another thread, it was maybe Championship v Premiership out there, in terms of players, so we can't expect a miracle worker, but I don't understand a manager who won't play his subs when you go 1-0 down, then 2-0 down. And did i mess something, but why leave Burke on the bench? The one thing the manager must do is get the best out of the squad at his disposal. did Strachan do that?

12 minutes ago, exile said:

Well, as i said on another thread, it was maybe Championship v Premiership out there, in terms of players, so we can't expect a miracle worker, but I don't understand a manager who won't play his subs when you go 1-0 down, then 2-0 down. And did i mess something, but why leave Burke on the bench? The one thing the manager must do is get the best out of the squad at his disposal. did Strachan do that?

As pointed out repeatedly by Chris Sutton of all people, no he did not. Something he hasn't managed for almost 2 years now.

Levein was given a second campaign to mess up and unfortunately we've done it again with Strachan here.

Sigh.