Ticket Collections - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Collections

DoonTheSlope

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Bollocks. Just wait till your chosen to collect then spend hundreds of pounds on travel and accommodation only to be told that your ticket has been given away to some random as though it's just a matter of fact

Serious questions need to be asked of the employee involved and disciplinary action should be taken

Absolutely agree with your second point.  Still no excuse for being abusive.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

No excuse for being abusive whatever the circumstances.

I understand what your saying pal but I'm sure if it was yourself that was standing there and being told "your tickets gone just go away" you would probably have had a few things to say aswell. 

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

No excuse for being abusive whatever the circumstances.

So if your ticket had been given away to some random at the last minute after all the money you had forked out you would simply accept it, walk away and fight your case in a gentlemanly mannor on another day? Utter bullsh!t 99% of people would be angry (rightly so) and voice their opinions there and then.

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Bollocks. Just wait till your chosen to collect then spend hundreds of pounds on travel and accommodation only to be told that your ticket has been given away to some random as though it's just a matter of fact

Serious questions need to be asked of the employee involved and disciplinary action should be taken

Totally agree on 1st part in bold. I would be furious and kick off with them as well no doubt! 

I think a slap on the wrist and verbal warning would cover it on this occasion.. remind her of her duties as well. To terminate the lads membership is astonishing, I would go to the papers about it.

Agree with DoonTheSlop

Not condoning abusing the staff but guys membership terminated due to abusing staff( something he's apologised for) because a member of staff gives out his ticket without the said person showing appropriate ID,i,d be fukin raging as well

Glad I saw the light and never renewed my SSC membership

Edited by Langtonian

2 minutes ago, md1976 said:

I understand what your saying pal but I'm sure if it was yourself that was standing there and being told "your tickets gone just go away" you would probably have had a few things to say aswell. 

Ive been in a similar situation before - not with the SFA - and so I've got sympathy for you for the situation.

Whoever screwed up and gave away your ticket needs to be held accountable but you lose your rag and you lose the argument and any chance of getting it sorted out.

13 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

So if your ticket had been given away to some random at the last minute after all the money you had forked out you would simply accept it, walk away and fight your case in a gentlemanly mannor on another day? Utter bullsh!t 99% of people would be angry (rightly so) and voice their opinions there and then.

I would be angry and rightly so.   However, I wouldn't be getting abusive and I wouldn't be moving until it was sorted out.

It is possible to be angry, direct and not be abusive you know.  

SSC do not act like service suppliers to we customers since they have a monopoly. That means the service provided is not exactly M&S.

Poor guy was the victim of a mistake and appears little or no attempt to remedy the situation. I'd think I'd be raging.

Do the maths and work out how.much money we pay the SSC and then decide if we get value for.money and if there was another option to get match tickets would you go elsewhere? I would.

Edited by Hampden View

For me the fragrant disregard of procedure in handing out a ticket without ID is a mitigating factor for thenlads foul language.

IMHO, a full refund and apology from the SSC and an apology from the fella should have sufficed.

They are total imbeciles if they can't see that their own actions directly contributed to the very offence that has caused him to lose his membership.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

Funnily enough, the main reason the SFA give for being unwilling to large or 100% pickups is the abuse the staff take. 

Maybe if they showed some respect didn't treat their customers with sheer and utter contempt they would receive the same respect back?

I was out of order for my foul and abusive language , but for them to say I am getting a refund without admission of liability then say  they had handed out my ticket erroneously is just too confusing. If they handed my ticket out in error surely they are liable. I called the girl an effing arsehole, not because she had handed my ticket to someone else but because she would not even listen to me when I tried to tell her that she was in the wrong and could she sort it. ? I will not be giving these people any more of my time or money in the future. After more than 12years following Scotland my time is up. ?

Here is part of the email. Make what you want of it.

I also accept that you missed some of the match and for that reason, and without admission of liability, the cost of your ticket for the match will be refunded.  It was your decision not to stay for the remainder of the match. 

What is totally unacceptable however was the way you conducted yourself when advised that the tickets, albeit erroneously, had already been picked up.   The barrage of foul and abusive language presented by you and personally directed to my colleague, will not, under any circumstances, be tolerated.  

This behaviour is in breach of and directly contravenes the terms and conditions of your membership and as a consequence your membership to Scotland Supporters’ Club will be terminated, without refund or appeal, with immediate effect. 

Formal notification of termination will be sent under separate cover.

2 minutes ago, md1976 said:

I was out of order for my foul and abusive language , but for them to say I am getting a refund without admission of liability then say  they had handed out my ticket erroneously is just too confusing. If they handed my ticket out in error surely they are liable. I called the girl an effing arsehole, not because she had handed my ticket to someone else but because she would not even listen to me when I tried to tell her that she was in the wrong and could she sort it. ? I will not be giving these people any more of my time or money in the future. After more than 12years following Scotland my time is up. ?

I also accept that you missed some of the match and for that reason, and without admission of liability, the cost of your ticket for the match will be refunded.  It was your decision not to stay for the remainder of the match. 

What is totally unacceptable however was the way you conducted yourself when advised that the tickets, albeit erroneously, had already been picked up.   The barrage of foul and abusive language presented by you and personally directed to my colleague, will not, under any circumstances, be tolerated.  

This behaviour is in breach of and directly contravenes the terms and conditions of your membership and as a consequence your membership to Scotland Supporters’ Club will be terminated, without refund or appeal, with immediate effect. 

As I said previously the contempt they treat fans with is out of order

Take them to task with legal action. Whether you're interested in continuing to follow the team or not. It's the principle 

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

"terminated, without refund or appeal, with immediate effect."

Ridiculous!

No appeal, but they have totally contradicted themselves by offering the refund.

I'm guessing they are offering the £35/£45 for the ticket they gave away but aren't refunding his £50 membership

Well come next renewal period when enough is enough for most folk and cut backs are having to be made some precious wee soul is going to find themselves on the broo...

9 hours ago, md1976 said:

It would be cynical to think that if they put all the focus on you understandably blowing your top that they wouldn't then have to be accountable for their own incompetence. Would it not?

49 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's a pity they don't have a known representative on here where they could interact with fans, other than the sneaky account they use at the minute to ban fans by matching DOB's etc 

To be fair, they used to. He was very helpful. Loads of folk were whanks to them and they stopped helping though.