Ticket Collections - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Collections

DoonTheSlope

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the ticket office only to be told my ticket had already been handed out. How my ticket can be handed out to someone else is beyond me. The rules as they well know is you need to show id for every ticket collected. Was brushed aside from the wee ginger lassie as if it was my fault. "Your tickets already been collected, go away " was all the help I was given. Eventually with the help of a Wembley manager I got in at half time, was to late for me tho. I'm finished for good, won't be renewing my support. Gutted 

4 minutes ago, md1976 said:

Got to the ticket office only to be told my ticket had already been handed out. How my ticket can be handed out to someone else is beyond me. The rules as they well know is you need to show id for every ticket collected. Was brushed aside from the wee ginger lassie as if it was my fault. "Your tickets already been collected, go away " was all the help I was given. Eventually with the help of a Wembley manager I got in at half time, was to late for me tho. I'm finished for good, won't be renewing my support. Gutted 

You should take that up with them directly tomorrow.  They've screwed up, don't let them away with it.

16 minutes ago, md1976 said:

There was a big hold up at one point aswell with either folk who didn't have ID or folk collecting comps and not knowing what name they were under

Between fan dans unable to remember ID, dafties not knowing what name they were collecting and the SSC failure to have a collection point the day before or earlier in the day in the centre of London was a joke

1 hour ago, md1976 said:

That;s really poor. Defo write to and/or phone the SFA.

I've always been quick enough to praise the collection process on here in the past but Friday was an utter shambles 

At the collection point there must have been 15 Windows? But only 2 staff dishing out Scotland tickets while a number of Windows remained closed. When she brought my ticket to me she asked my post code but due to a sing song going on I couldn't hear, I said "what?" And the attitude she gave me was horrendous. Customer service isn't their strong piint

They charge enough for memberships, they could at least try and show us a bit respect in return

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They charge enough for memberships, they could at least try and show us a bit respect in return

When it was run as a service for £20 every 2 years, you could perhaps be more forgiving than now, when it's a money making business.

18 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There was a big hold up at one point aswell with either folk who didn't have ID or folk collecting comps and not knowing what name they were under

Between fan dans unable to remember ID, dafties not knowing what name they were collecting and the SSC failure to have a collection point the day before or earlier in the day in the centre of London was a joke

your spot on doon, also guys at the windows not even knowing their own name being prompted by guys to the side, seen the guy who was told his ticket had been issued he wisnae happy. One question?  normally at away games the guy who is in charge of security for sfa is usually visible at the queue for collection, not on this occasion. Also the abuse directed at the girls was not pleasant which caused them to get abit flustered until the wembley stewards arrived. all of us who ended up in the long queue have to shoulder part of the blame by turning up from 18:15 onwards which created havoc. However i strongly agree there should have been further pick up locations made available thurs and friday. we had two guys handing out tickets in malta over two days to aprox 1/3 the amount of fans. At wembley there were just not enough staff to cater for the onslaught, While the sfa suits were being wined and dined we as fans had to run the gauntlet to get our tickets and although the ssc lassies were under preasure from the outset the blame should stop at the doors at Hampden and not with the lassies who did the best they could. Ticket collections need a massive revamp dont know how  but thats what we pay our memberships for i believe to make our trips as stressfree as possible. Sorry bout the rant guys but needs to be said.

19 hours ago, md1976 said:

ive heard your buddy's spoke to them 

19 hours ago, aaid said:

You should take that up with them directly tomorrow.  They've screwed up, don't let them away with it.

My m8 has spoke to them and they have admitted handing the tickets out to someone else. I have emailed them but no reply as yet. Still don't understand why they would hand both tickets over to one person tho. According to my friend I am getting treated separately as my language towards the girl was a bit colorful. Not proud of the way I acted but her attitude was terrible and the way I was treated was a disgrace. 

30 minutes ago, md1976 said:

Update, I will receive a refund for my ticket that they admit giving out without id being shown, but my membership to the supporters club will be terminated for my foul and abusive language. 

Very unfortunate situation md,

Not sure you can have many complaints about your membership being terminated (not that I'm saying you're complaining).

Would an apology to the lassie in question help?

Very unfortunate indeed. And no I'm not complaining. Did say I'm not proud of my behavior to them in my email and apologized for my language. At the end of the day if they had been at the least wee bit interested in listening to me and trying to figure out what had happened to my ticket none of this would have been an issue. They have admitted handing the ticket out but no explanation as to how it happened. Still it seems you don't need to be a member to go to the games these days anyhow ? Not that I will be back anytime soon as this has really soured my passion for our national team. 

so they admit their mistake by handing out your ticket to someone else without said person showing ID 

you admit your mistake by acting inappropriately 

yet your membership has been cancelled and they carry on as normal.... seems fair!

I aint saying they should lose their job since you lost your membership as that would be extreme but surely they should see sense, understand why you were angered and agree to let you off with a slap on the wrist on this occasion considering it was THEIR fault...

4 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

I aint saying they should lose their job since you lost your membership as that would be extreme but surely they should see sense, understand why you were angered and agree to let you off with a slap on the wrist on this occasion considering it was THEIR fault...

No excuse for being abusive whatever the circumstances.

1 hour ago, md1976 said:

Update, I will receive a refund for my ticket that they admit giving out without id being shown, but my membership to the supporters club will be terminated for my foul and abusive language. 

The silly cow who handed your ticket out employment should be terminated for sheer incompetence

She obviously didn't follow proper procedures by asking your postcode etc

1 hour ago, md1976 said:

You should follow this up and try and get some sort of compensation for travel costs. After all we are always told that you shouldn't make travel plans till you know you are guaranteed a ticket

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

No excuse for being abusive whatever the circumstances.

Bollocks. Just wait till your chosen to collect then spend hundreds of pounds on travel and accommodation only to be told that your ticket has been given away to some random as though it's just a matter of fact

Serious questions need to be asked of the employee involved and disciplinary action should be taken