Why bother travelling???????? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why bother travelling????????

Can't quite understand the attitude of some people on here. The negativity towards the Scotland team and bitchy comments towards other people who post on here are a joke. Why bother spending your hard earned cash following a team that some only want to criticise? Also, why be so bitchy to people who have  positive thoughts about Friday's game. Hope to fvck I am not sitting beside the keyboard gangsters on here. Cridhe agus Anam, Alba.

2 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Can't quite understand the attitude of some people on here. The negativity towards the Scotland team and bitchy comments towards other people who post on here are a joke. Why bother spending your hard earned cash following a team that some only want to criticise? Also, why be so bitchy to people who have  positive thoughts about Friday's game. Hope to fvck I am not sitting beside the keyboard gangsters on here. Cridhe agus Anam, Alba.

You're right.

Good news is that when you get down to London there'll be 13500 positive happy scots who know we will get the win we need. 

Possibly because some people have probably just had it up to here with the abject failure we have been constantly subjected too. Blind loyalty only lasts for so long and now it's possibly just coming to a head. For years Scotland fans have travelled in hope rather than expectation only to be kicked in the clacker bag time after time

Its the hope that kills you

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Possibly because some people have probably just had it up to here with the abject failure we have been constantly subjected too. Blind loyalty only lasts for so long and now it's possibly just coming to a head. For years Scotland fans have travelled in hope rather than expectation only to be kicked in the clacker bag time after time

Its the hope that kills you

Absolutely fair comment. But anyone who feels that way really should be staying at home if they're not going to support the team. If we're gonna be in Wembley we have a duty to get behind the team (whether we agree with the lineup of not) and give them 100% support for 90 minutes. They deserve at least that.

Was at the Lithuania game last month and the dickheads behind me screaming abuse at the team and at Strachan inside the first ten minutes was a disgrace.

If you're going, support the team and leave Wembley barely able to speak. Otherwise best stay away.

3 hours ago, KennyMiller said:

You're right.

Good news is that when you get down to London there'll be 13500 positive happy scots who know we will get the win we need. 

13 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Absolutely fair comment. But anyone who feels that way really should be staying at home if they're not going to support the team. If we're gonna be in Wembley we have a duty to get behind the team (whether we agree with the lineup of not) and give them 100% support for 90 minutes. They deserve at least that.

Was at the Lithuania game last month and the dickheads behind me screaming abuse at the team and at Strachan inside the first ten minutes was a disgrace.

If you're going, support the team and leave Wembley barely able to speak. Otherwise best stay away.

We have a duty to get behind the team, correct, but we also have the right to express our feelings should the team (or more precisely the manager) gets it wrong again.

By your analogy even if we are 5-0 down we are to get behind the boys. Sorry, but i will support any Scotland team to the hilt if they put the effort in, if they don't then i'll express my disappointment, but its more likely if we get stuffed it'll be down to tactics first and foremost and that lies with the manager and again, as fans we have a right to express our feelings.

No, fans should not be giving pelters after 10 mins but the eejit next to me told me to shut it when i howled my derision after 75 mins. He got told to haud his wheesht.

I'm going down there as i have always went down there and thats to give the team vocal encouragement and hope we can do it....its then up to them if they put in the effort that deserves our support tbh.

I've never went to Wembley anything other than hopeful in my life.

17 hours ago, KennyMiller said:

You're right.

13499 - I cannot really be arsed going but it was paid for a while back so will be treated as a jolly with my mates :beer2:

At least I know as full time approaches I will have something to celebrate - If Scotland win its game on again and the group is open. If Scotland lose we will get of that little ginger prat :ok:

If someone's spent their hard earned cash to go to an away game, they're more than entitled to voice their opinions whether that be before, during or after the game, inside the stadium or not. A dispute happened next to us at the Lithuania game, where a lad shouted something negative and it was met by a guy shouting back at him to "shut the f*** up and get behind the team" (which in my opinion was out of order)

I'm a Dons fan, so I know what going through a living hell for 90 minutes can really feel like and if people want to voice their opinions, then so be it. They've paid a lot of money for their ticket, travel, accommodation etc, so they're allowed to feel a bit aggrieved when the players in front of them are going through the motions against an Eastern European minnow.

Too many Celtic/Rangers fans that turn up expecting to win all the time and then throw the toys out the pram when we don't. Shame they couldn't pick their country like they pick their club.. based on who wins..

PS: This is a bit of banter and a joke before someone takes it too seriously.. 

When the draw was made this was the one game of the campaign I was most looking forward to. Now it's almost here and I feel nothing but apathy. 

I dare say that'll change after a few drinks tomorrow but the last 2 performances have knocked all the enthusiasm out of me. Campaign is only a couple of months old and, barring a minor miracle tomorrow night, is already a write off.

Hoping tomorrow can restore some optimism.