Yes! - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Despite a poor showing in the second TV debate when he was bested by a belligerent Alex Salmond, partly because a feeble moderator lost all control of proceedings, Alistair Darling has done a good job as the leader of the Better Together campaign. He has undermined, even if he has not quite demolished, the economic case for independence, but in these final days he is no longer the most important figure. He speaks convincingly to and for middle-class Scotland, but he does not communicate so persuasively with working-class Labour voters.

The man who can do that, and is doing that, is Gordon Brown. Many in England dont perhaps realise just how respected and highly regarded Brown still is in Scotland. His reputation never sank here as it did in England, and many resented the treatment he was accorded by the London media. He has been campaigning hard and his resurgence has been one of the happiest and most welcome features of this years campaign. His new book, My Scotland, Our Britain, is very good indeed. A couple of months ago he was in splendid form impassioned, witty and humorous when promoting it at the Borders Book Festival where he got a rapturous reception from an audience mostly consisting of Liberal Democrat and Tory voters. Since then he has turned his attention to rallying the Labour Vote and persuading waverers to keep the faith and remain loyal to the Party and the Union."

Haha surely this is satire?

"Despite a poor showing in the second TV debate when he was bested by a belligerent Alex Salmond, partly because a feeble moderator lost all control of proceedings, Alistair Darling has done a good job as the leader of the Better Together campaign. He has undermined, even if he has not quite demolished, the economic case for independence, but in these final days he is no longer the most important figure. He speaks convincingly to and for middle-class Scotland, but he does not communicate so persuasively with working-class Labour voters.

The man who can do that, and is doing that, is Gordon Brown. Many in England dont perhaps realise just how respected and highly regarded Brown still is in Scotland. His reputation never sank here as it did in England, and many resented the treatment he was accorded by the London media. He has been campaigning hard and his resurgence has been one of the happiest and most welcome features of this years campaign. His new book, My Scotland, Our Britain, is very good indeed. A couple of months ago he was in splendid form impassioned, witty and humorous when promoting it at the Borders Book Festival where he got a rapturous reception from an audience mostly consisting of Liberal Democrat and Tory voters. Since then he has turned his attention to rallying the Labour Vote and persuading waverers to keep the faith and remain loyal to the Party and the Union."

Haha surely this is satire?

You'd think wouldn't you. There isn't one line that isn't up for scrutiny.

Written by Allan Massie who last month published a pamphlet 'Nevertheless' setting out his vision of Scotland's future.

Little snippet here arguing his case....

It is, for me, a matter of self-confidence. If you feel the lack of that, you will vote for independence.

If you feel confident of Scotland's ability to remain Scottish and prosper in the Union, you will agree that we are indeed Better Together and vote 'No'.

I am Scottish. Nevertheless, I am also British and value the Union with England, "our sister and ally", as [sir Walter] Scott called her.

Now that's not satire, to me just plain folly.

My Sunday point...........

If you take in all the b/shit given out against independence and there has been some serious threats..They are playing on your weaknesses for your family,jobs livelihood and even your community.

If you have been taken in by this then cast your mind back to all the promises made by previous government campaigns............. in a word b/shit.

Then ask why all the fuss about it!!

Then you realise they don't want to lose there biggest asset north sea oil..

Personally couldn't give a monkeys about politicians.

But give a giant orang-utan about this one.

Just remember don't vote or vote NO then you cant come back in two years and say sorry I have changed my mind, sadly you will be stuck with same old sh*t.

There you go a short reminder for a YES

Thanks

Gary