Brown & Snodgrass both declared fit. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brown & Snodgrass both declared fit.

Bzzzz

Play a centre half pairing where both players are actually getting a game for their clubs 

play Brown MacArthur Morrison Burke and Snodgrass in midfield and Gtiffiths up top, job done ....

its the hope that kills you eh ? :) 

Edited by Anders

It really is something I am very tired of (the underdog pulls it off hope) and I am probably clutching at straws, but purely on the basis that we have done well in the past when unfancied against 'better sides', I convinced myself today that we would win 1-0 (James Morrison, probably the McFadden initials/Paris thing) . Obviously, no footballlling form basis anywhere near this, but I hope to f&&k it happens.  I won't be burdening the lads with a financial interest and have not checked score cast odds but you can all applaud me on Saturday morning if it comes off. I'd take a draw. 

Can't see Griffiths getting a start as Strachan just doesn't rate him.

I have no hope whatsoever for this game as I've seen absolutely nothing in this Scotland team in any of the 3 qualifiers so far. The referee assisted win in the first game just masked the teams ineptitude and the managers inability to pick in form players.

I see a significant drubbing ahead. And yet I'll still watch it and be convinced we'll win by kick off time. How deluded am I? ?

17 hours ago, neil r said:

Awww but how can that be true when bzz is back and typing in his best Broons/Trainspotting 'accent'?

Back? I've never been away... just merely observing from the bushes... 

14 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Burke, griffiths, snodgrass and brown really gives them problems- please please please start with all 4! Berra has to be in for Hanley 

Agreed. 

Mulgrew's been called up so hopefully he'll be in for the other one! 

12 minutes ago, stitch said:

Glad Mulgrew has been called up. I would play him just in front of the back 4 i think he does a great job in the holding role.

He is good on the ball and can take a free kick.

he's quite tall too

27 minutes ago, stitch said:

Glad Mulgrew has been called up. I would play him just in front of the back 4 i think he does a great job in the holding role.

He is good on the ball and can take a free kick.

One of Scottish football's great myths.

He is Scotland's Roberto Carlos in that respect. Took a million free kicks on the basis of his mythical free kick ability. He might even have scored one once.....but I couldn't be sure.

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

One of Scottish football's great myths.

He is Scotland's Roberto Carlos in that respect. Took a million free kicks on the basis of his mythical free kick ability. He might even have scored one once.....but I couldn't be sure.

There was a 3 month spell for Aberdeen when he was excellent at them. It was right at the start of the season (the season we got humped off Sigma Olomuc 5-1) and he must've scored 4 or 5 free kicks. 

Since then though, i think he's been utterly shite at them. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There was a 3 month spell for Aberdeen when he was excellent at them. It was right at the start of the season (the season we got humped off Sigma Olomuc 5-1) and he must've scored 4 or 5 free kicks.

Since then though, i think he's been utterly shite at them.

I'll take your word for that then Parky. I suppose it stands to reason that he must've done something at some stage to develop the reputation as a free kick taker.

Thankfully, as long as Snoddy is on the pitch I wouldn't expect Mulgrew to get near one.