This Pretty Much Sums Up My Own Bitterness. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Pretty Much Sums Up My Own Bitterness.

The SNP in a way were too effective in Govt, and the deluded NOs didn't realise that it WAS the SNP that protected their bus pass, prescriptions etc.

And these Scottish Labour (joke) clowns just moaned and whinged ...utter shits. Never a labour fan but now...lower than the Tories.

Agree with those sentiments only I was a Labour fan and used to campaign for them up until the last SP election in 2011.

Now, I wholly and utterly detest them and I stress the DETEST. Watching then suck up to the toxic Tories turned my stomach. I'm almost 60 years of age and feel that I have now had a political re-birth. If I feel like that I can only imagine that others like me feel exactly the same.

You've got a point. But it is going to start somewhere. And when it does it will be the vulnerable because that's the way Westmonster work. Yes the thread has turned into something akin to the stoning scene from Python without the comedy, though I think people are letting off steam. Shouldn't imagine that anyone here has the power to remove heating allowances or to shred bus passes unless they're going to stand at Buchanan St and physically wrestle them from pensioners.

Well it also looks like these weren't actually policies for policy sake, or cause they were the right thing to do but rather they were bribes for vote. The bribes didn't work so ones taking them away, creates an authenticity and sincerity issue.

We also got a definitive answer on how important the currency issue actually was (very very very) as opposed to "it doesn't matter we can sort that when we get independence".

Fairlie was right about that. Being braver and saying we are having our own would have been a better stance than the one the SNP adopted. But that was seen as too scary so you cant really win on this one... every way you turn they will be able to scare people.

We have to learn from this and move forward. It's been both a dismal and inspiring week in Scotland. Re-group, take a breath and prepare to start chipping away at the 55. There's no doubt that some have regrets about how they voted. More will come to regret how they voted. Persuasion and information is the way forward. We'll get more with sugar than with vinegar.

Edited by Betty

The pensioners were living in an SNP created bubble of extra benefits which they themselves have just popped. If that is punishment they will be doing to themselves. People were a little disappointed yesterday and were venting but the reality is the SNP will continue to protect them until it is unaffordable. Scotland is already an economic hinterland and we cannot have higher taxes here than in England, no way.

Well it also looks like these weren't actually policies for policy sake, or cause they were the right thing to do but rather they were bribes for vote. The bribes didn't work so ones taking them away, creates an authenticity and sincerity issue.

I think it was the right thing to do and it targeted the people in most need of persuasion. I think if it had been the wrong thing to do and it targeted the people in most need of persuasion, they would not have done it. I am just amazed it did not work better. :-))

We have to learn from this and move forward. It's been both a dismal and inspiring week in Scotland. Re-group, take a breath and prepare to start chipping away at the 55. There's no doubt that some have regrets about how they voted. More will come to regret how they voted. Persuasion and information is the way forward. We'll get more with sugar than with vinegar.

chip away, to what end

another referendum

at some point in 10-15 years when the oil is 10-15 further eroded and people will say Their numbers just don't add up'

it's over, it's gone, that was our chance, its gone

chip away, to what end

another referendum

at some point in 10-15 years when the oil is 10-15 further eroded and people will say Their numbers just don't add up'

Don't be disheartend we can still do it soon.

chip away, to what end

another referendum

The main foundation of the independence movement has never been about the oil. Nor should it have been. It's a bonus consideration. We would be economically stable if we didn't have it. It's a bonus. You never rely on your bonuses to pay the bills.

A few years in opposition is what the SNP need right now. Perhaps even call early elections based on the NO vote.

Unfortunately i am not sure they will get it.

They should also resist any temptation to lurch to the left. McWalka mentioned the campaign went a bit left wing at times and it did. It is not about policies it is about power and should never be branded as one or the other.