Pink to make the boys wink - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pink to make the boys wink

Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

And anyone that says "Who cares" shouldnt really be supporting Scotland IMO

That's the best line i've ever seen on here. Some classic comedy :ok: 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the colour of the strip is causing people so much distress then they should get in contact with the SSC and free up their ticket so someone who isn't going to be entering the ground with negative energy which will inevitably transfer onto the field and into the players psyhche

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It must have been in the small print

It appears 100 years of tradition and history is meaningless and nothing is sacred

I very much doubt the lion on the jerseys will be looking up and roaring at whoever is wearing it

At least the chants of "what the fvcking hell is that" for 90 minutes from the English will have a double meaning

Personally i think it's just another humiliation from SFA amateurism for selecting a dundee/raith rovers replica in the first place and a big fvck you to the fans - however maybe my 40 years of following the national team is blinding me 

jesus, you get awfy easily upset man

17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's a shirt, if you don't like it don't buy it :blink:

correct

4 hours ago, Marky said:

Apologies. If I had known Chris Coleman thought it mattered, that would have completely changed my view. I take it all back!

:lol::lol:

I would love to see us play in blue at Wembley but I'll support Scotland in whatever colour we wear.  That said how many of us grew up dreaming of pulling on a pink shirt and scoring against England?! Nothing confirmed that I am aware of to say that we are not wearing blue.   

As an aside if we are wearing pink I presume that in June England will be made to wear red? Wonder how many English will be complaining of not wearing white? Not many I would think.

Give us a win and nobody will care. C'mon Scotland 

1 hour ago, AlanH said:

As an aside if we are wearing pink I presume that in June England will be made to wear red? Wonder how many English will be complaining of not wearing white? Not many I would think.

Their red top is just as iconic as the white since they won the World Cup in it so yes - not many will mind

Scotland should wear a navy blue jersey.... Not lighti blue, not white sleeves.....  No funny tartan bits.... Dark navy blue with minimal white trim.  The away shirt should be white with minimal navy trim....  This is traditional and what i want to see our team in.

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Really ?

You think think running out at Wembley, for an England v Scotland game, in a pink strip,  will have the same psychological effect as wearing the blue ?

And anyone that says "Who cares" shouldnt really be supporting Scotland IMO

Thats part of the whole problem with Scottish Football

If we are now pinning our hopes on the colour of our shirt making the difference between winning or losing a game then we truly are fcked. These are professional footballers and psychologically should be up for every game. Its getting to the stage I wouldnt care if they wore a pink tutu if they actually qualified for something or even some consistent decent performances.  

You do  not know me therefore I will ignore the glib comment about not supporting Scotland. You could not be further off the mark. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If we are now pinning our hopes on the colour of our shirt making the difference between winning or losing a game then we truly are fcked. These are professional footballers and psychologically should be up for every game. Its getting to the stage I wouldnt care if they wore a pink tutu if they actually qualified for something or even some consistent decent performances.  

You do  not know me therefore I will ignore the glib comment about not supporting Scotland. You could not be further off the mark. 

Apologies - it was a generalisation - that i still stand by

To equal it up i'll give you spinning my argument to make it sound ludicrous without any retort 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

To equal it up i'll give you spinning my argument to make it sound ludicrous without any retort 

To even up your even up  I will take back the pink tutu comment ?

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

In fairness it doesnae take much to make your argument sound ludicrous.

If it's any consolation it surprised me. A rare moment of bonkersness from a poster usually of sound mind. I'm going to put it down to a 24 hour bender or something. :-)

1 minute ago, Marky said:

In fairness it doesnae take much to make your argument sound ludicrous.

If it's any consolation it surprised me. A rare moment of bonkersness from a poster usually of sound mind. I'm going to put it down to a 24 hour bender or something. :-)

Are you really underestimating the feeling of being picked to play for Scotland in a game against England at Wembley, being in the dressing room and pulling on the dark blue which many Scottish legends have worn before you in the same fixture ?

You really think that pulling on a pink jersey gives you that same feeling ?

If you dont believe Chris Coleman (look at the Welsh record under him) then what about Bill Shankly who gave the jersey the same esteem ?

Just to be clear - there is nothing wrong with the pink away strip. It looks alright and is kind of unique.

I just dont think, in this particular fixture, against this particular opposition , with the history involved, we should be in a situation that we cannot wear the traditional Scotland jersey.

It's almost heresy - but thats just my opinion

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you really underestimating the feeling of being picked to play for Scotland in a game against England at Wembley, being in the dressing room and pulling on the dark blue which many Scottish legends have worn before you in the same fixture ?

If you dont believe Chris Coleman (look at the Welsh record under him) then what about Bill Shankly who gave the jersey the same esteem ?

Just to be clear - there is nothing wrong with the pink away strip. It looks alright and is kind of unique.

I just dont think, in this particular fixture, against this particular opposition , with the history involved, we should be in a situation that we cannot wear the traditional Scotland jersey.

But you also think that anyone who disagrees with you shouldn't be supporting Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Sorry, and in answer to your post, no. I don't think it will make any difference to the modern footballer. In my opinion the type of character you're talking about doesn't really exist any more.

Just now, Marky said:

But you also think that anyone who disagrees with you shouldn't be supporting Scotland. 

No - i think that anyone who genuinely doesnt care and thinks that it really doesnt matter should have a look at themselves 

But again - thats just an opinion

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Sorry, and in answer to your post, no. I don't think it will make any difference to the modern footballer. In my opinion the type of character you're talking about doesn't really exist any more.

Possibly - Maybe goes some way to explaining why we havent qualified for a major tournament for 20 years .........

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No - i think that anyone who genuinely doesnt care and thinks that it really doesnt matter should have a look at themselves 

But again - thats just an opinion

Someone who genuinely doesnt care what colour of top they are wearing at an away game should have a look at themselves ? This is afterwall  the subject I was referring to.  Sorry Ally but that is indeed ludicrous. The time, money and hearbreak myself ( and others who feel the same way  ) have spent following Scotland are not characteristics of people who do not care.

Being someone who does care I  can however understand the passion and frustration you feel.