Left Back - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Left Back

Butthead

Somewhat ironic after plenty of us being bemused at Strachan naming 3 left backs in the last squad, we are now down to Lee Wallace, who I'd imagine was most folks 3rd choice.

Most experienced and probably best defensively of the 3, so maybe not the worst for this game.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Mulgrew was dreadful at left back in last campaign.

Quite comfortable with Lee Wallace at left back.

Mulgrew got man of the match against Croatia at left back. I know it was a while ago but he can do a job.

Edited by Mcfadden11

On 28/10/2016 at 10:58 PM, sbcmfc said:

Somewhat ironic after plenty of us being bemused at Strachan naming 3 left backs in the last squad, we are now down to Lee Wallace, who I'd imagine was most folks 3rd choice.

Most experienced and probably best defensively of the 3, so maybe not the worst for this game.

I think that wallace is the worst by a mile defensively of the 3....Tierney being probably the best tackler that we have in the squad. 

With Robertson and Tierney out I would pick Kingsley and Shinnie before Wallace.

Wallace will start though no doubt.  he is decent going forward...but even in the championship last season he was poor at the back.  I hope that I am wrong, but I think that he will get a roasting by any right winger that England pick...

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru