Teirney oot

macy37

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Hopefully Kingsley gets the nod.

Terrible news though, for club, country and most of all the player.  I really hope he can recover from this, come back, and fulfil his potential, which is considerable.  Put it this way, if we had half a dozen or so young players as good as Tierney and Oliver Burke playing in various positions then I'd be a lot more hopeful about the future of our team.

Me too.

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

As much as I don't think Wallace should play, is this the same "rank" league that Paterson plays in? Get a grip min.

yep

but we don't have other options at right back that are playing in Epl and Europa league

6 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Strachan was raving about the performance of Tierney, Robertson and Wallace in training before the last matches.

Happy for it to be Wallace rather than giving someone their competitive debut at Wembley.

As Strachan would say ''I know what we'll get from him''.

We know what they can do so let's not try anything new. What a bizarre a fecked up way of thinking, if Kingsley isn't playing regularly at a high level he has to be given a chance. Shinnie has been playing at a higher level than Wallace and has been playing consistently well for both ICT and Aberdeen. He can handle the pressure too, he captained ICT to their biggest ever triumph.

both Kingsley and shinnie before Wallace for me.

19 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

You also have to remember the mindset of Strachan. He left Burke out of the match day squad altogether against Slovakia as he wanted experienced players...

Too many managers have been obsessed with experience in the past, Strachan says he prefers experience when it suits his answer to the press. Leaving Burke out was another indicator that he is too concerned about how players go back to their clubs. It's either that or he really is the most arrogant twat alive.

on the experience side of things, that's the only way wallace beats Kingsley to the LB position but then shinnie is similar to Wallace in terms of recent experience at club level, Wallace has a handful of caps but he hasn't played much for Scotland. 

I'd have no problem playing Kingsley. Best left back available, playing at same level as Robertson, Stronger than Tierney, if given the opportunity to get forward good crosser of the ball, probably better defending set pieces centrally than Martin or Hanley. 

The game is win or bust, I'd go

Marshall

Hutton Biera Hanley Kingsley 

Burke Morrison Brown McArthur

Fletcher Griffiths

Have a rite go.

1 minute ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I'd have no problem playing Kingsley. Best left back available, playing at same level as Robertson, Stronger than Tierney, if given the opportunity to get forward good crosser of the ball, probably better defending set pieces centrally than Martin or Hanley. 

The game is win or bust, I'd go

Marshall

Hutton Biera Hanley Kingsley 

Burke Morrison Brown McArthur

Fletcher Griffiths

Have a rite go.

I was with you until you want mcArthur on the wing.

Jeez - what has happened to us - I'm an older gent in my 50s and have supported Scotland home and away since the late 70s - still do Slovakia being the last trip - all that means nothing and doesn't make me a better Scotland supporter than anyone else (just older ? ) - but at least I support Scotland - the underlying vibe on this thread is sickening - nothing but wrapped up bigotry - most posters ain't and I don't mean you guys - you'll know the posts Im referring to - if you can't support a Scottish player regardless of their club your not a Scotland fan - just a bigot trying to be one - nobody wants you - I'll expect a vitriol response from some - hopefully not many

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We know what they can do so let's not try anything new. What a bizarre a fecked up way of thinking, if Kingsley isn't playing regularly at a high level he has to be given a chance. Shinnie has been playing at a higher level than Wallace and has been playing consistently well for both ICT and Aberdeen. He can handle the pressure too, he captained ICT to their biggest ever triumph.

both Kingsley and shinnie before Wallace for me.

Maybe trying untested players in friendlies rather than Wembley would be a good idea though?

Shinnie hasn't played left-back for 2-3 seasons, he's a centre-mid now and Kingsley hasn't played a competitive game for Scotland.

Don't know what you have against Wallace.

On 29/10/2016 at 7:43 AM, iainmac1 said:

You also have to remember the mindset of Strachan. He left Burke out of the match day squad altogether against Slovakia as he wanted experienced players...

In the same game he gave Tierney his debut and brought McGinn on. Strachan using the excuse of experience to leave Burke out showed him up to be a clown of a manger. A bit like when he talked about making changes because he needed height and brought in shorter players than he took out. The man is a joke.