Broony is back! - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broony is back!

dezmondo

The England game is only 2 weeks after the Scottish Cup final, he can surely just keep himself ticking over with light training for a couple of weeks then have a break after the England game, 1 extra match in his season won't make that much of a difference, sure all the players will be available to play in June next year if we manage to qualify

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bisland boy said:

The England game is only 2 weeks after the Scottish Cup final, he can surely just keep himself ticking over with light training for a couple of weeks 

Depends if he takes as bad a penalty in the semi again this year...

as I've said before there is no way he should be picking and choosing. it's ridiculous. I'd maybe see point if he was ronaldo.bale or Messi but he's not and we have plenty others. I am sure most of other players are a bit pissed off with him in private but in the public eye they say otherwise. Anyone who thinks that all our English based midfielders don't have big egos and likely feel they are better than Brown are deluded. on a side note the 3 superstars named wouldn't attempt to pull a stunt like this and they would all play through injury for their country also if they did ever attempt such a thing the press/media in their respective countries would shame them so much but our old firm loving press are scared to even say anything. Sickened that our once great football nation is at this stage.

Edited by gaz7
spelling

2 hours ago, gaz7 said:

on a side note the 3 superstars named wouldn't attempt to pull a stunt like this and they would all play through injury for their country also if they did ever attempt such a thing the press/media in their respective countries would shame them so much but our old firm loving press are scared to even say anything. Sickened that our once great football nation is at this stage.

Mess I retired from Argentina after they lost the copa America final, then came back. 

yes reeves you Messi did retire and as I said the press/media hounded him and he came back. he doesn't say mibby aye mibby naw. and anyway I should get the jail for even mentioning him with brown in the same paragraph. brown was very good in 2008 at right mid since then like the rest he's a loser that's fact and he's been captain most of it. the guy can only do it against week spfl teams. all this crap that he bossed it against city. hahaha

1 minute ago, gaz7 said:

yes reeves you Messi did retire and as I said the press/media hounded him and he came back. he doesn't say mibby aye mibby naw. and anyway I should get the jail for even mentioning him with brown in the same paragraph. brown was very good in 2008 at right mid since then like the rest he's a loser that's fact and he's been captain most of it. the guy can only do it against week spfl teams. all this crap that he bossed it against city. hahaha

I thought Brown was very solid and important for Scotland on Sunday.

I don't agree with his in/out thing though.

If he doesn't want to play (or not sure) then he can bugger off for good as far as I'm concerned. You don't cherry pick your Scotland commitment.

But his form/impact this season has been pretty good so I hope he'd commit to it until his legs go.

7 hours ago, fringo said:

I thought Brown was very solid and important for Scotland on Sunday.

I thought he played well for most of the game but seemed to lose the plot a bit for about the last 20 minutes. Kept giving fouls away and lost the ball on at least 3 occasions as well as that terrible attempt at a pass to Tierney that went out for a throw in. 

I'd still want him to play against England though, and believe that he will.

5 hours ago, Rossy said:

Did I not read somewhere that he could be suspended anyway for his stamp on the guy's leg ?

That would be utterly ridiculous if true. The telly pictures were totally inconclusive. He jumped up and came down on the boy's shin. Only Brown knows if it was deliberate or not. No one should be able to just make a random judgement on that.

Edited by Marky

Was broony not knee'd in the the thigh just before that incident as well? Seem to remember him going down. 

Am sure there were a few a more dodgy incidents involving the slovenians as well would be interested to see them back. Would stink if only brown was targeted by review panel.

Edited by JECK