Tonight's Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Games

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Boos ringing out around the Hunnery at the final whistle. :lol: They are the people alright!

I'm not quite sure what this comment means....^^

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Huns have yet to beat a team in the top six.

Just let that sink in.

Magic hat indeed.

....but given this one and the money spent on our squad I think we are perfectly entitled to be booing the performances we've had so far this season.  We had one player in Garner who probably cost more than Saints starting XI.  Then we have the likes of Senderos who will be getting paid God knows how much and can't even get on our bench,  I mean FFS if you can't get a game ahead of Rob Kiernan you'd be as well packing it in.  The fans asked for a decent level of investment in the team this season to be competitive which I think we've had however due to an inept signing policy and tremendously sub par performances from several players we've just been shit all season and the manager and players deserve to hear about it.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not quite sure what this comment means....^^

I think he's reflecting on the fact that a home draw to a team who've consistently been on of the better sides in the Premiership over the past 5 years isn't a reason to boo a team off the pitch.

I think he's alluding to the impression of assumed superiority that boo'ing a home draw to good team conveys. 

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

....but given this one and the money spent on our squad I think we are perfectly entitled to be booing the performances we've had so far this season.  We had one player in Garner who probably cost more than Saints starting XI.  Then we have the likes of Senderos who will be getting paid God knows how much and can't even get on our bench,  I mean FFS if you can't get a game ahead of Rob Kiernan you'd be as well packing it in.  The fans asked for a decent level of investment in the team this season to be competitive which I think we've had however due to an inept signing policy and tremendously sub par performances from several players we've just been shit all season and the manager and players deserve to hear about it.

Yeah. You spent loads of money on shite, past it players from an expensive market. I told you all that before any of these guys had kicked a ball. If anyone from Rangers wants me to head up scouting and stop you spunking your money away, just give me a shout. I'll work for 1/15th of what Joey Barton is on :ok: 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What do Celtic players need to do to get sent off?

I thought you were referring to Leigh Griffiths kicking out at the boy, which I've seen red cards given for, and may have warranted a (2nd) yellow.

but just seen the Craig Gordon "challenge"

:shocked:

That was worse than the last one he got away with!

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I think he's reflecting on the fact that a home draw to a team who've consistently been on of the better sides in the Premiership over the past 5 years isn't a reason to boo a team off the pitch.

I didn't, but it was maybe because we spunked so many chances yet again and it is getting so frustrating.  Couldn't score in a brothel and all that.  Saints weren't there for the win and it yet again allowed us to dominate possession.  Difference this time was we had a lot of chances but FFS, couldn't score.  Their keeper was on form to be fair, few good saves, but still no excuse.

Not sure why saints were looking for a draw, still there for the taking for teams like them.

A few positives though last night.  Ohallaran started well and windass was attacking well, and small signs of improvement at the back.  But it needs to be better.  It has to be better.  Sorrow, sorrow .....

Refereeing was an all time low for me too, for both sides.  Cant get my head around some of the decisions.

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Refereeing was an all time low for me too, for both sides.  Cant get my head around some of the decisions.

Least you didn't get a ridiculous penalty awarded against you :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Least you didn't get a ridiculous penalty awarded against you :lol: 

I haven't seen it - just what was said on here.  same ref as aberdeen rangers game?

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

I think he's alluding to the impression of assumed superiority that boo'ing a home draw to good team conveys. 

Exactly what I meant. Are we becoming pals now? :lol:

5 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Saints weren't there for the win and it yet again allowed us to dominate possession.  Difference this time was we had a lot of chances but FFS, couldn't score.  Their keeper was on form to be fair, few good saves, but still no excuse.

Not sure why saints were looking for a draw, still there for the taking for teams like them.

What nonsense. We were by far the better side in the second half. Yes, you could've had a few in the first half but a game is played over 90 minutes. You were lucky near the end to get away with the draw.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Ormond said:

What nonsense. We were by far the better side in the second half. Yes, you could've had a few in the first half but a game is played over 90 minutes. You were lucky near the end to get away with the draw.

Rubbish, sitting back and hoping for a decent counter to try and sneak it - wasting time with still 15 mins to go when you had a corner showed you were not interested in winning the game - for some odd reason.

There was not one time during the whole 90 mins you looked like you wanted to attempt to win the game, you came for the draw and thats how the game panned out.

Most of our chances were in the 2nd half - the best chances were in the 2nd half.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Rubbish, sitting back and hoping for a decent counter to try and sneak it - wasting time with still 15 mins to go when you had a corner showed you were not interested in winning the game - for some odd reason.

There was not one time during the whole 90 mins you looked like you wanted to attempt to win the game, you came for the draw and thats how the game panned out.

Most of our chances were in the 2nd half - the best chances were in the 2nd half.

Amazing how a biased mind sees things for his own team. :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Ormond said:

Amazing how a biased mind sees things for his own team. :lol:

Its not bias - the game was very simple.  Its not my team.  I support Hibs.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Exactly what I meant. Are we becoming pals now? :lol:

Never anything other than. I know I piss folk off on here and they think I'm an arse, I don't take anything too seriously though. Very, very few people on here who I'd say I dislike. 

Its just just folk talking pish about fitbaw. Nothing to dislike folk over :ok: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Never anything other than. I know I piss folk off on here and they think I'm an arse, I don't take anything too seriously though. Very, very few people on here who I'd say I dislike. 

Its just just folk talking pish about fitbaw. Nothing to dislike folk over :ok: 

The board is shiite noo though since you became nice. :P

Offhand I can remember chances for Swanson x2, Kane, Alston, Easton, Craig, all in the second half, that's a hell of a lot of "counter attacks" and judging by the amount of goal kicks we were laughing at rangers being hopeless at we were forward a fair amount in the second half. the best chance for Rangers, the Garner header, was from a counter attack though! 

Edited by saintydave

Guest BlueGaz
10 hours ago, saintydave said:

and judging by the amount of goal kicks we were laughing at rangers being hopeless at 

This is a good thing though, it is one of the few things that unites all scottish football fans.