Strachan on Griffiths - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan on Griffiths

podgers1903

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Strahan can play whoever he wants, pick the 11 tallest players in Scotland, as long as he's winning games, nobody would question his selections. Fact is since we beat Ireland at home 2 years ago we've gotten increasingly worse. 

Think we've only beat Gibraltar and Malta in competitive games since then? Could be wrong. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not normally one to criticise but this really is the last straw.

In many ways standing watching the debacle unfold in Slovakia I was thinking, and talked to others who agreed, "well at least that means he is gone by the morning".....

Muppet doesn't do him justice.

Maybe he is trying to get Southgate to plan for us playing a big dumpling up front whilst intending to play Griffiths all along  ................

There was a good text read out on Off The Ball at the weekend

"With Gareth Southgate having been told if he beats Scotland he'll get the England gig permanently, while Gordon Strachan will know that a win will save his job. This could be the first ever England v Scotland game where both sets of supporters want their team to lose"

1 minute ago, GaryWood34 said:

Griffiths been very unprofessional with his reaction.

Awa and no haver shyte. He is just having a wee laugh. If he thought up the idea himself, then he has gone up in my estimation. 

i can see Big Leigh getting the biggest chant of the night at Wembley. I can just see it now. We have managed to hold on to 0-0 for 55 minutes (miracles can happen) and Big Leigh comes off the bench and starts to warm up.

20,000 Scotland fans start chanting 

:sing: Shorty, shorty, shorty, shorty.:sing:

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Awa and no haver shyte. He is just having a wee laugh. If he thought up the idea himself, then he has gone up in my estimation. 

i can see Big Leigh getting the biggest chant of the night at Wembley. I can just see it now. We have managed to hold on to 0-0 for 55 minutes (miracles can happen) and Big Leigh comes off the bench and starts to warm up.

20,000 Scotland fans start chanting 

:sing: Shorty, shorty, shorty, shorty.:sing:

That would ensure he didn't get on, then! In true Levein style,if the support show they want a certain player to play, then the complete opposite will happen..........seems that way, anyway!

Whilst I had reservations about playing Griffiths from the start I think his impact in the Slovak game was evident enough to warrant a start and certainly he would be able to cut it at this level.

Strachan has had time to mull over our mauling and this is the best he can come out with... that is really terrible !!

He's not exactly inspiring confidence is he ! God help us all.

Strachan was a great player and a fine servant to Scotland during his career.

It's sad to see him constantly put his credibility on the line with guff like this, and it would be even sadder to see him hounded out after a humiliation against England.

I urge you Gordon, go now.

he has flipped and backtracked so many times he seems to forget what he has said before.

but then again, what would us pleb fans know, we've just to pay our money and have no opinion.

He will hear our opinion at Wembley just as he heard it at Hampden and in Slovakia.

Time the happy clappers were drowned out (not that many are left who will admit they played their part after the self congratulating failure that kept Strachan in his job).

IF we somehow manage to do something at Wembley he cannot be allowed to remain, that game should not be a game to save his skin. His comments, selections etc are utterly baffling. Him and McGhee continually talking up the opposition as well is doing my nut right in. Talk up OUR players FFS instead of telling them they are not good enough because they are not big enough, or the cherry, 'you have to be playing for your club side'. aye, ok then Gord, you stuck to that principle well.