Scotland fans booing their own players - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

4 hours ago, Alan said:

No I don't believe it. All fans believe their own false hype. The Scottish support has really stagnated for over 10 years with nothing new. When this happens the outlet of apathy and negativity increases. The fans are too concerned with the drink, getting attention and being characters than the actual football.

I completely agree regarding the stagnation but I dont believe the drink/ characters is any diffferent than it was in the 70's/80's. Fans were getting shit faced then but the football was better so the focus was not so much on the antics of the fans and the atmosphere was naturally generated.

With regards to 'best fans in the world' it depends on what criteria this is based. 36,000 people paying £ 30-£40 to watch a team on a Saturday night that has done nothing for 2 decades must surely be something most countries could only dream of. 

I have just about had it which pains me. Whilst the team produced absolutely nothing to warrant or create any kind of atmosphere it really was a dismal night, I can almost understand why some fans feel they need to get out their face to watch it.  

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm sorry but how is expressing my opinion being a drama Queen? Isnt that what these boards are for?

Perhaps I'm not the one needing to calm down.

Saying that anyone who calls lee Wallace a grass a bellend is being a drama queen. People are making a joke about it and you're on about getting the ref sacked, that's what makes you a drama queen.

crack on though precious

Edited by vanderark14

I think that the frustration level with being a Scotland fan is getting to people....me included.  Let's face it, we're pish.  The standard of player available to Strachan is pretty poor.  I don't agree with some of his selections, but FFS, he's better than Levein.  We just don't have quality in all but a couple of positions.  How many of the team would get anywhere near the England side?

It doesn't help that we're being stiffed off the park as well.  I'm assuming that we kicked off at 7.45pm because the TV money was better than if we kicked off at 3.00pm.  Someone tell me different.  Ditto the lunacy of playing Gibraltar on a Sunday evening rather than at 3.00pm when you might have got a crowd.  A 3.00pm KO on Saturday would have allowed the guys from further away have a day out without thinking about getting home next morning.  The SFA are simply not listening to the fans on this and people are voting with their feet.  And cash.

The televising of games via daft wee satellite / cable companies doesn't help promote the team.  For friendlies, it's almost impossible to see the game live and some pubs have given up on friendlies.  The SFA have to man up to this one and accept less cash to allow more people to view the games.

The strip - £55 for the top and the away top looks like it was chosen by Stevie Wonder.  Shite!

Away tickets - we all pay the extortionate membership fee and we should all get the same chance for away tickets, and I say that as someone with a few away "points".

Ticket prices - I bought the season ticket and it cost me £36 for the North Stand.  Hardly a bargain.  £32 for Gibraltar last campaign.  £36 for pish against a poor side (who drew with us!).

And while I'm on a run - the "well done lads" from the fans at the game in Faro stuck in my craw.  The team and management fecked it up true and proper and here were 10000 cheering them like they were champs.  If I had been Strachan, I'd have been red-faced.  I know it's great to be behind the team win, lose or draw, but this just went too far.

So, after that I feel a bit better.  It's a combination of things that have left many fans a bit less tolerant of pish displays.  And Saturday was a pish display.  Lithuania fully deserved their point and we now face an uphill struggle to be second, let alone one of the better second finishers.

1 hour ago, Ak91 said:

Vanderark you sound like a right cockend. Surely you canny have any pals? 

39 posts and you reveal your true character, that didn't take long 

now run along to Rangers media or follow follow and tell all yer pals how the bad Aberdeen fan on the TAMB posted nasty anti Rangers stuff.

44 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

now run along to Rangers media or follow follow and tell all yer pals how the bad Aberdeen fan on the TAMB posted nasty anti Rangers stuff.

Even on international week you can't stop talking about Rangers. What a shame, there's not even a rivalry between our clubs aswell.

10 minutes ago, Alan said:

FFS the kick off time is not set by the SFA.  If is UEFA and its "week of football" that moves the days and the times.  For people who follow international football how do so many people not know this?

Because a lot of people on here are old and stuck in their ways. They still remember when Scotland won regularly and when the police decided the ko times with the SFA. They certainly don't know about any rule changes that happened after 1997, which includes the week of football.

Just now, Ak91 said:

Even on international week you can't stop talking about Rangers. What a shame, there's not even a rivalry between our clubs aswell.

I didn't talk about Rangers, you brought it up so I questioned you and you failed to provide any evidence of anti Rangers posts.

1 hour ago, thewelk said:

Because a lot of people on here are old and stuck in their ways. They still remember when Scotland won regularly and when the police decided the ko times with the SFA. They certainly don't know about any rule changes that happened after 1997, which includes the week of football.

Personally, I blame Jim Farry. 

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Is there actually any evidence that Wallace was booed or are we going by twitter rumours spread by folk with handles like @trueblue1690?

There was a definite audible booing when Wallace name was read out.  Was in East stand and unfortunately stone cold sober.

i fear it's just the next thing that will fan the flames of the anti TA line of the Rangers fans.  

Media now confirming Lee Wallace was booed on Saturday. These pathetic morons have the national team they deserve.

No comment from the SFA regarding Rangers captain Lee Wallace being booed by the nefarious Tartan Army at Hampden on Saturday?

So the booing of Lee Wallace really happened on Friday, hoped it was just a Twitter rumour. The 'Tartan army' have the team they deserve.

Scotland fans booing Lee Wallace as his name is read out on the team sheet. the Tartan Army.

Lee Wallace getting booed by Scotland fans is another example of why I don't support the national team

On 10/9/2016 at 1:11 PM, thplinth said:

I really don't get this. For decades and decades we had the booing of players regularly due to petty old firm shite. But now a rangers player allegedly gets booed by some unknown small group and it is as if someone has committed some big crime? You fhucking what?

Reminds me of the same fannies who after decades and decades of being mad bigots without a care suddenly are claiming straight faced that Hun is a sectarian term. They honestly think they can just reverse decades of reality by saying their shite over and over... and the amazing thing is they are partially right as there are some weak minded saps on here who seem to immediately go along with it.

Just fhuck off with all this pish. A chunk of Rangers fans HATE the TA. That is a fact. This pish is just a lot of faux outrage whank from these utter twunts.

And "a chunk" of the TA hate Rangers and Rangers supporters. Sad days when you are a Rangers supporter and a Scotland supporter like me. For the record; I hate Rangers supporters who hate the TA and Scotland because they associate the Scotland team with that minority of the TA that bring their hate for all things Rangers to Scotland games and I equally hate that chunk of the TA that bring their hate for all things Rangers to Scotland games. I wish the haters on both sides would just f*ck off. They do not represent the majority of the Rangers support or the majority of the Scotland support but are able to allowed to stir up division through social media and the booing of players, etc. It is high time both supports self policed this issue and silenced these morons. I will never understand how so called Rangers fans can allow a minority of idiots who follow Scotland to turn them against their own national team. Equally, I will never understand how so called Scotland fans can allow a minority of idiots who follow Rangers to turn them against their own players. I hate the haters on both sides but I will never let their hate turn me against the club or country I love. Love is always stronger. You don't stop supporting your club because their is a minority of idiots in the support and you don't stop supporting your country because their is a minority of idiots in the support. Rangers and Scotland Forever! My club, my country, I am going nowhere!

On 10/9/2016 at 1:29 PM, Angusfifer said:

i actually don't mind folk who have no interest in the national team or are ambivalent towards us. I used to find it a bit strange that some Celtic fans preferred the Republic to Scotland but this hatred by a section of the Rangers' support has taken it to a new level. The scale of vitriol and paranoia on Follow Follow is actually quite disturbing. I really hope these nutjobs are in the minority...

As a Rangers supporter I can't stand these aresholes but I can assure you that they are in the minority. Equally I cannot stand the minority of the TA who bring their hate of all things Rangers into the TA and onto this board. If you hate Rangers fair enough but leave it at home FFS we are all here to support Scotland. I read this board and FF, believe me their is as much hate for Rangers on here as their is for Scotland on there. What bothers me the most is somehow decent people on both sides get dragged into it because they seem to think this minority of idiots on both sides are by and large representative of the respective supports. That is a horrible lie that hate filled people would like us to believe. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No, only 39 posts for him to figure out that you are a "right cockend" and that you "canny have any pals" HAHAHAHA.

Didn't take the gentleman long, to suss your "true character". You are just the TA's counterpart to that sad hate filled minority among the Rangers support who hates his own national team because he thinks, through ignorance, that people like you represent more than a tiny minority of the Scotland support.  You sir are just one example of the minority of idiots on both sides who cause division and hatred. Hate Rangers more than you love Scotland. So much so that you use a TA site for Scotland supporters, that is supposed to be inclusive and welcoming, to attack supporters of one club. You have done it for years and it only took this gentleman "39 posts" to describe your character in a nutshell. 

10 hours ago, Alan said:

FFS the kick off time is not set by the SFA.  If is UEFA and its "week of football" that moves the days and the times.  For people who follow international football how do so many people not know this?

I understand the week of football thing. My understanding is that whilst dates are set by UEFA / FIFA, kick off times are not. FFS.